"MeTV Toons" Network Launching on June 25th

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
IMG_6151.png

IMG_6152.jpeg

IMG_6153.png

Take this with a grain of salt cause I think it’s fake, but if it ain’t…

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
If he’s the programming director at MeTV Toons, I’m the Queen of England, my uncle works at Nintendo, and I have a bridge to sell ya
Exactly lol. This person can literally be anyone without a credible source yet people blindly believe them. Like I said, unless they have credible source to back it up, I'll chalked that up as fake news.

Jeff Harris

Creator/Webmaster, TXB
View attachment 308780
View attachment 308781
Take this with a grain of salt cause I think it’s fake, but if it ain’t…
It's fake.

For starters, they're not going to release (and publish) a schedule publicly and then suddenly change it.

Second, that three-hour block of shows on Midnight? That's Totally Tooned In, which is not only a showcase of Screen Gems/UPA shorts but also a series produced by Jerry Beck, one of the chief strategists for the channel, and I don't think they're going to get rid of that so cavalierly.

Third, they're not planning on airing Cartoon Network Studios shows on MeTV Toons. Move on, it's not happening.

Fourth, this dude claimed they're getting shows from RetroCrush. RetroCrush is a streamer, not a distributor of shows, and is owned by Cineverse, so the channel would have dealt with them, not a streaming brand.

Fifth, contractors on ventures like this tend to have NDAs preventing them from publicly discussing anything that happens there. They've been careful about what comes out about this channel. Remember how the initial press release was treated when it went out ahead of schedule? Yeah, I don't think some anonymous chucklehead on YouTube claiming to be someone as high up as Programming Manager would just blab about future plans.

Finally, and I know it's a minor nitpick, but when the post was originally posted, the dude called Funky Phantom "Freaky Phantom." C'mon, son. If you're dropping names of random Hanna-Barbera shows, at least get the name of the show right.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
I remember about last few years ago, someone came to here and pretended to be a representative of WBD and said that Boomerang is going to close permanently, and talked about whether programmings come to Cartoon Network. Result? Boomerang didn't close and we called member out for make a false statement.
Oh yeah! The one with the janitor thing? Yeah, I remember that guy.

Glad he's gone because...oof. What a clout chaser.
Hopefully it is full power in truly Miami, not low power in Homestead, FL.
Yeah, hopefully.
Do you able to receive stations in West Palm Beach?
I don't know. I don't live in West Palm Beach.

Mandouga

Yeah, that post is way too easy. Until/unless Weigel or the network themselves confirm it (which does appear to be unlikely), everyone should assume it's fake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
I like the enthusiasm in this thread. The content they have now will last them months and years. But dont expect cn shows. Wb isnt that stupid. If that happens they can truly close the channel. They are sabotaging boomerang already. As for pirates of dark water that is on dvd and doesnt fit imo.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
I like the enthusiasm in this thread.
Yeah, me too.
The content they have now will last them months and years.
I know right? That is a BIG deal! We should be celebrated for it.
But dont expect cn shows.
Yeah I agree. If you guys are expecting Kids Next Door or Mike, Lu, and Og, or Dexter's Lab coming to MeTV Toons, Jerry Beck tells you are not going to get it.

So, don't get your hopes up, y'all.
Wb isnt that stupid. If that happens they can truly close the channel.
You're not wrong. Cartoon Network is a brand that a lot of people have attachment towards. So, of course Warner Bros are not going to give that up.
They are sabotaging boomerang already.
Yeah, I don't want MeTV Toons to become Cartoon Network 3. Hell, why can't Discovery Family become Cartoon Network 3 instead? At least they did something with that channel.

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
Yeah, I don't want MeTV Toons to become Cartoon Network 3. Hell, why can't Discovery Family become Cartoon Network 3 instead? At least they did something with that channel.
Summer Camp Island is coming to Discovery Family in July, so you may be on to something there. Reruns of CN shows didn't fare too well on Boomerang ratings-wise, so I don't see WBD repeating that experiment. Seeing Cartoon Cartoons on an OTA channel would just feel weird to me anyway.

Last edited:

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Warner Bros. saves the Cartoon Network shows for when a second toons channel launches over the air in the future , probably. That or we get a funny Paramount and Tegna deal where they launch a channel with old Paramount stuff and Nick toons. [Remember this post, just in case]

Mike, Lu, and Og,
I wished they cared enough about that show to put it anywhere.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Summer Camp Island is coming to Discovery Family in July, so you may be on to something there. Reruns of CN shows didn't fare too well on Boomerang ratings-wise, so I don't see WBD repeating that experiment. Seeing Cartoon Cartoons on an OTA channel would just feel weird to me anyway.
Yeah pretty much.
Warner Bros. saves the Cartoon Network shows for when a second toons channel launches over the air in the future ,
That remains to be seen if MeTV Toons become a long lasting success. Who knows?
I wished they cared enough about that show to put it anywhere.
Or any obscure Cartoon Cartoon/post 2002 CN Originals. They seriously need a new home since Max gutted most of them.

John Pannozzi

Leggo my Eggo, mouth breather!
Nope. Paramount fully owns the entire TMNT franchise, including the older series and comics. The only things they don't have are The Next Mutation (which is owned by Disney via its purchase of Saban) and the live-action movie trilogy (which were produced by New Line Cinema, which is now owned by WB).
I saw records in the US Copyright Office from last year that imply that Nick/Paramount did indeed acquire the rights to the 1987 TMNT cartoon from Fred Wolf Films/Murakami Wolf Swenson.

Oh, and Hasbro has the rights to Next Mutation (courtesy of Saban Brands). Fortune Star has the non-US rights to the 1990s TMNT movie trilogy, and WB and respective successors to the Weinstein Company and Imagi Studios own the 2007 TMNT movie.

Reactions: Moe

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Nope. Paramount fully owns the entire TMNT franchise, including the older series and comics. The only things they don't have are The Next Mutation (which is owned by Disney via its purchase of Saban) and the live-action movie trilogy (which were produced by New Line Cinema, which is now owned by WB).
Actually Hasbro now owns The Next Mutation. Doesn't mean Paramount Global can't try to buy the rights to that or the New Line movies.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
It is not impossible but very difficult, yes.

Disney had a hard time to get 1967 series of The Fantastic Four and WB isn't willing to talk or give too much demand, so Disney/ABC and NBC with Oswald the Lucky Rabbit was incredible rare after rough talks.

It is very hard for competitors to talk and give the properties, and studios expect more concession in return.

Paramount: We want all of 3 TMNT films back.
WBD: I demand you to give us to control CBS and give all of your sports to me.
Paramount: What's unreasonable demand, so no thanks.
WBD: No TMNT films for you.
Well if WBD is bought by Amazon, this would make the MGM properties part of WB. Quite a large amount of films currently under MGM ownership in the US have their US TV rights owned by Paramount, such as the Cannon Films library. WB also owns some of the Cannon library, such as the fourth Superman movie, these films also have US TV rights owned by Paramount, which ironically was the original distributor of the 1940s Superman cartoons. Perhaps in the wake of a merger between WBD and Amazon, Paramount can give US TV rights to the films that are otherwise owned by MGM/WB back to the latter in exchange for the New Line TMNT movies and rights to TMNT 2007 in certain territories, Paramount would have to get the rights to 2007 TMNT in other countries in separate transactions.

Moe

Well if WBD is bought by Amazon, this would make the MGM properties part of WB. Quite a large amount of films currently under MGM ownership in the US have their US TV rights owned by Paramount, such as the Cannon Films library. WB also owns some of the Cannon library, such as the fourth Superman movie, these films also have US TV rights owned by Paramount, which ironically was the original distributor of the 1940s Superman cartoons. Perhaps in the wake of a merger between WBD and Amazon, Paramount can give US TV rights to the films that are otherwise owned by MGM/WB back to the latter in exchange for the New Line TMNT movies and rights to TMNT 2007 in certain territories, Paramount would have to get the rights to 2007 TMNT in other countries in separate transactions.
Ok, I can see now.

It looks like TV market share for MeTV+ went up to 57.42%.

I'm planning to watch MeTV Toons on Frndly and have to DVR the shows, also I watch MeTV+ and H&I as well.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Or any obscure Cartoon Cartoon/post 2002 CN Originals. They seriously need a new home since Max gutted most of them.
Last time I checked Space Ghost: Coast to Coast and The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack were streaming on Prime Video, behind a paywall. The latter was still on Max before WB dropped the HBO part from its name.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts