"MeTV Toons" Network Launching on June 25th

Dr.Pepper

Staff member
Forgot to mention this in my previous post but here are some more observations from Saturday morning. I noticed all the commercials that aired during Captain Planet and Histeria were targeting adults. I thought E/I programming had to have ads targeted to kids. Also Scooby Doo Where Are You was rated TV-Y7. It was always TV-G on CN. Does anybody remember what it was rated on Kids WB when it aired in the early 2000’s.

aegisrawks

Forgot to mention this in my previous post but here are some more observations from Saturday morning. I noticed all the commercials that aired during Captain Planet and Histeria were targeting adults. I thought E/I programming had to have ads targeted to kids. Also Scooby Doo Where Are You was rated TV-Y7. It was always TV-G on CN. Does anybody remember what it was rated on Kids WB when it aired in the early 2000’s.
I think they dont actually care about the ads EI content has, just that the network airs the EI content.

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
Marine Boy is TV-Y, and the first episode had fish getting zapped and instantly stripped to the bone, which is more intense than anything that happens on Scooby-Doo.

Of course, nearly all ratings should come with the disclaimer "this is nonsensical if you put it in context, but close enough." I understand why the Bugs Bunny and Friends block is PG, considering the appearance of shorts like "The Cats Bah".

Moe

Is MeTV Toons will be coming to Verizon Fios soon?
There is no report about whether MeTV Toons come to Verizon Fios, unless it is related to retransmission from local stations.

Your option is antenna or one of linear streaming from Frndly or Philo.

Mandouga

So, not counting Police Academy: The (Animated) Series, Mister T is the first Ruby-Spears series to air on MeTV Toons, but I hope it’s not limited to just this show, and something like Thundarr the Barbarian. Maybe they can show Fangface (R-S’s first show), or Mighty Man and Yukk (Peter Cullen’s first known major voice acting role) or R-S’s Heathcliff (they’ll probably show DIC’s series for sure, but anyway…), or maybe even Goldie Gold and Action Jack.

If they can bring back shows like Police Academy, then maybe they can even bring back Rubik the Amazing Cube, or The Puppy (based on the book, “The Puppy Who Wanted a Boy”, which was adapted into the first TV special). Heck, why not even show it with the fourth season of “Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo”, like it was originally (the closing credits plays the themes of both shows)? Lazer Tag Academy? I’m not sure who they would have to talk to for that one (long story). Heck, if they are working with Sony and Universal (if it should come to that; another long story), then maybe, just maybe Weigel can bring back a certain show involving video games (they talked about it on Toon in With Me, after all)?…

Oh, and one other thing, is it just me, or are the closed-captions being done live by MeTV Toons as each show/short airs?…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter

Not really, plus they probably don't think that 6-11 year olds are going to watch in droves they sold ad time to older. They still have to follow the limits of time but there's not much of a commercial type limit minus the obvious bad ideas.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
I scanned channels with the antenna I currently have but I could not get the MeTV Toons affiliate likely because it is a Class A station. I'm gonna try my luck again soon with a newer and better antenna that I ordered on Amazon today.

Moe

I scanned channels with the antenna I currently have but I could not get the MeTV Toons affiliate likely because it is a Class A station. I'm gonna try my luck again soon with a newer and better antenna that I ordered on Amazon today.
You can look at map coverage and they help to determine if you need large outdoor antenna.

Cleveland (WOCV-CD) - https://www.rabbitears.info/contour...qz=N&lprw=N&head=Y&asrn=&extras=&cir=&circen=

Dayton (WHIO-TV) - https://www.rabbitears.info/contour...qz=N&lprw=N&head=Y&asrn=&extras=&cir=&circen=

Possibly next week or so.
One of member didn't post a source that is necessary to be seen as reliable and have a source is important to keep you informed about events. I don't want you to be disappointed over unverified post. I usually include a source in my post when I find one like I did with one station in Miami.

LIke I said about there is no news report about whether MeTV Toons coming to Verizon Fios and the retransmission from local station is very uncertain - it means you wouldn't know until one go live anytime.

hobo 7

been glued to this frickin’ TV channel since launch day.

schedule has some room for improvement, but this is still the best schedule on any cartoon channel in a long time. everybody on this site always said we’ll never get anything like this again, yet here we are in 2024, the year of the dragon, watching shows like Freakazoid and Bullwinkle and Peter Potamus and Woody Woodpecker and Underdog side by side, and coming together as a community to enjoy these cartoons and bask in their glory. the years and years without classic cartoons in this capacity on a wider-available network has made us sour to the world and sour to eachother. maybe this channel will bring us peace. maybe I’m yammering about this too much. but all I know is this channel is the best thing right now, and just what the animation community needed.

they still need an action block though. as a compliment to the supermarionation at night I guess.

another thing, this thread should be renamed “MeTV Toons News & Discussion Thread”, seeing as it has now “launched”. unless there’s a separate one already.

Moe

There is picture of Totally Tooned In and they air old cartoon shorts.
IMG_2136.jpeg

Mandouga

So, it looks like MeTV Toons is being consistent with how they show episodes of shows. In other words, they aren’t just getting the episodes “out of the way”. They’re showing The Real Ghostbusters right now, and it’s the fifth episode (remember that MeTV Toons launched on Tuesday). I’m going to assume that they just showed the fifth episode of Police Academy as well…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Moe

Mejo

Jukebox Bird
There is picture of Totally Tooned In and they air old cartoon shorts.
View attachment 309007
I do wonder why they’re even bothering to run this old package. MeTV+ and MeTV itself have run the original Screen Gems cartoons as the raw 90s masters with their theatrical titles and they’ve shown the UPA cartoons restored recently on other blocks on this channel (not to mention that they’ve shown the Screen Gems short Bon Bon Parade on Saturday Night Cartoon All Stars). It just seems counterintuitive to me for them to run this old package with edited titles when they have better copies already with them (not to mention that the masters for the Screen Gems cartoons that aired on Totally Tooned In are the exact same as the masters that aired on MeTV and MeTV+). Maybe they’re running this as a placeholder in the meantime or this was because Jerry Beck wanted it to run like this (because he worked on this show) idk.

Though I will say, it is nice to see the show again on television. It’s just that considering the circumstances however, it just seems odd to me.

Moe

I do wonder why they’re even bothering to run this old package. MeTV+ and MeTV itself have run the original Screen Gems cartoons as the raw 90s masters with their theatrical titles and they’ve shown the UPA cartoons restored recently on other blocks on this channel (not to mention that they’ve shown the Screen Gems short Bon Bon Parade on Saturday Night Cartoon All Stars). It just seems counterintuitive to me for them to run this old package with edited titles when they have better copies already with them (not to mention that the masters for the Screen Gems cartoons that aired on Totally Tooned In are the exact same as the masters that aired on MeTV and MeTV+). Maybe they’re running this as a placeholder in the meantime or this was because Jerry Beck wanted it to run like this (because he worked on this show) idk.

Though I will say, it is nice to see the show again on television. It’s just that considering the circumstances however, it just seems odd to me.
Exactly, I agree with you. I realized that Totally Tooned In aired on syndication networks from 1999 to 2000 and I didn't remember about this show aired on TV station in Birmingham. I noticed their picture quality is old and Sony seems just converted from NTSC to ATSC SD, or they may already before since ATSC went live in 1998.

I rather to have Totally Tooned In aired on MeTV+ than infomercial or went off air, and they should do better to add obscure shows that haven't seen for very long time. I'm thankful that Weigel isn't kinda company to air infomercial nor off air like many other networks did.

I do think a reason is Weigel used this as filler, my guess.

My favorite short from Totally Tooned In is Madeline and I remembered about them in 1990s.

Mejo

Jukebox Bird
I realized that Totally Tooned In aired on syndication networks from 1999 to 2000 and I didn't remember about this show aired on TV station in Birmingham.
It never aired in syndication in the US during the 1999 to 2000 timeframe. It was produced for Columbia Tristar’s International Television division and therefore only aired in foreign countries until 2011, when it aired on Antenna TV.

Moe

It never aired in syndication in the US during the 1999 to 2000 timeframe. It was produced for Columbia Tristar’s International Television division and therefore only aired in foreign countries until 2011, when it aired on Antenna TV.
I can see now.

I forgot about add one more information and had to repost - I believe that Weigel used Totally Tooned In as filler, my guess.

ToonRo

"Ballyhooey" on Cartoon All-Stars just aired with the full intro of "The Woody Woodpecker Show", where on MeTV, a slightly cut version of the intro would air at the start each time.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts