"MeTV Toons" Network Launching on June 25th

Moe

I really cant wait for a report on how Me TV Toons is faring, Ratings are pretty much impossible at this point, because they need a bigger coverage, and other stuff, but the ad money and or profitabilty Press Release cant come fast enough for me lol.
Digital subchannels are hard to measure in rating.

You likely to see much of number that come from Frndly, Philo, retransmission version and main network, but as for digital subchannel, number can go off.

Story Television has sad rating and Weigel don't care - they are still happily to support Story Television.

harry580

@Moe
please don't tell me that weigel is going to pull a hub network on metv toons because of weigel focus on story like discovery did with oprah winfrey network by not focusing on the hub network

Moe

@Moe
please don't tell me that weigel is going to pull a hub network on metv toons because of weigel focus on story like discovery did with oprah winfrey network by not focusing on the hub network
I'm not saying about that and you seems don't understand about what I said, so please go read my post again.

aegisrawks

Digital subchannels are hard to measure in rating.

You likely to see much of number that come from Frndly, Philo, retransmission version and main network, but as for digital subchannel, number can go off.

Story Television has sad rating and Weigel don't care - they are still happily to support Story Television.
I know and Thank you for that article I really wanted to find it again. I think we might get a Press Release but WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY LATER.

Reactions: Moe

Moe

How can I find MeTV Toons on Amazon prime?
In your area, MeTV Toons is only available on Frndly and Philo, so Frndly is cheapest option.

Amazon Prime? You means Firestick or Fire Cube? There is Frndly and Philo apps on it, and you can download it and subscribe. Hopefully helps.

Hulkwummy

In your area, MeTV Toons is only available on Frndly and Philo, so Frndly is cheapest option.

Amazon Prime? You means Firestick or Fire Cube? There is Frndly and Philo apps on it, and you can download it and subscribe. Hopefully helps.
I mean the Amazon Prime videos streaming service.

Hulkwummy

Well that sucks, I can't find Philo or Frndly on Prime either, and if I do, they only work on Android devices which I don't have.

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
I wonder if metv toons would in theory air the old the wb shows like mission hill & the oblongs
Nah, I don't see that happening. I'm no pearl clutcher so I wouldn't be morally opposed to the idea (I enjoyed Mission Hill), but at the same time I don't think those shows fit the vibe that Weigel is going for with this channel. MeTV Toons isn't a kids' channel but it's not meant to be a subversive adult entertainment channel either; Adult Swim type shows would stick out like a sore thumb (but I say the same thing about Wait 'til Your Father Gets Home, in addition to it just being very boring and dated; but that's just my opinion which doesn't carry the weight of sunlight).

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
I think that Mission Hill was/is a vastly underrated show, but it doesn't belong on MeTV Toons. It just doesn't fit in with the vibe that Weigel is going for here.
How can I find MeTV Toons on Amazon prime?
That's easy. You can't. The only streaming services the channel is currently available on are Frndly TV and Philo TV, and you would need to be subscribed to either of those.

Neither Philo nor Frndly are on Prime Video because they're separate live TV services. That'd be like looking for YouTube TV on Netflix.

Last edited:

Dr.Pepper

Staff member
Some more thoughts and observations I have:
  • Ratings seem to be really inconsistent. Like I said earlier, Beetlejuice was TV-Y, but Scooby Doo, Underdog, and Inspector Gadget was TV-Y7. That just doesn’t make any sense, but yeah I know we shouldn’t pay attention to ratings.
  • It seems like Peter Potamus is getting a lot of promotion. This seems so random because I didn’t think he was one of the top tier Hanna Barbera shows.
  • Why does Mr. Magoo air with Popeye and Pals?

Moe

Why does Mr. Magoo air with Popeye and Pals?
Exactly, I’m thinking about ask one.

What's the quality on Captain Planet?
They are decent for SD - digitized.

I think that Mission Hill was/is a vastly underrated show, but it doesn't belong on MeTV Toons. It just doesn't fit in with the vibe that Weigel is going for here.
I went with long shot and very unlikely because I want to be gentle, rather than hard no.

There is reason that I was puzzled at Harry’s tagged my name because he responded that is unrelated to my post.

Well that sucks, I can't find Philo or Frndly on Prime either, and if I do, they only work on Android devices which I don't have.
I’m going to help but there is one question, what kind of streaming device that you have?

Hulkwummy

Exactly, I’m thinking about ask one.

They are decent for SD - digitized.

I went with long shot and very unlikely because I want to be gentle, rather than hard no.

There is reason that I was puzzled at Harry’s tagged my name because he responded that is unrelated to my post.

I’m going to help but there is one question, what kind of streaming device that you have?
I have an Apple TV.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts