"MeTV Toons" Network Launching on June 25th

ToonRo

An "Up Next" promo for The Underdog Show just aired during Rocky and Bullwinkle, where what's up next is actually Toon In with Me.
Makes me wonder why they haven't bothered making any promos for Toon In with Me on MeTV Toons (yet).

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
An "Up Next" promo for The Underdog Show just aired during Rocky and Bullwinkle, where what's up next is actually Toon In with Me.
Makes me wonder why they haven't bothered making any promos for Toon In with Me on MeTV Toons (yet).
And the channel isn't even automatic, the playout is human.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
Crazy theory: Toon In with Me's inclusion is merely temporary, and will be gone soon- being exclusive to MeTV proper once again. The whole function of the series- a grab bag of random cartoons instead of a specific star focus- can easily be filled by Cartoon All Stars, and specific themes can be represented by holiday or special event marathons.

Last edited:

Mandouga

I saw Old Glory just now, and after the “Oh, Susanna!" part, I saw what looked like a sudden cut back to Uncle Sam. Was this an edit, or was this how the short originally was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter

Crazy theory: Toon In with Me's inclusion is merely temporary, and will be gone soon- being exclusive to MeTV proper once again. The whole function of the series- a grab bag of random cartoons instead of a specific star focus- can easily be filled by Cartoon All Stars, and specific themes can be represented by holiday or special event marathons.
The main airing is for METV , this repeat is there for people who missed it or want to see it again since not everyone can watch in the AM, there probably won't be a promo for the MTEV Toons airings because they still want the core to be watching it on OG METV, this is just for repeat purposes. Same way they aired it on METV Plus.

Moe

The main airing is for METV , this repeat is there for people who missed it or want to see it again since not everyone can watch in the AM, there probably won't be a promo for the MTEV Toons airings because they still want the core to be watching it on OG METV, this is just for repeat purposes. Same way they aired it on METV Plus.
Yeah, agreed with you and I know Toon In with Me isn't going to be removed from MeTV Toons' lineup, also it was encore on MeTV+ for 3 years before relocated to MeTV Toons, along with 3 hours of cartoon shorts on Sunday.

Mad respect for you. :)

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
September schedule changes.

Yo Yogi! was basically Yogi Bear for the MTV Generation. To that end, the theme song is an adaptation of a 1990 chart hit by MTV darlings Poison, "Unskinny Bop", without giving credit. How did Hanna-Barbera escape a lawsuit from Poison anyway?

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I was fooled, there was no screen bug here:
1724279998998.png

I mixed it up with the bug of a German network (MDR) and it gave me the illusion it was there.

Mandouga

September schedule changes.

That's what I thought, MeTV Toons...

Furthermore, so they're going right to The Flintstone Kids, skipping "The Flintstones Comedy Show" (syndicated version of The Flintstones Comedy Hour), and Flintstone Frolics (half-hour syndicated version of "The Flintstone Comedy Show"; note the lack of an 's'). Flintstone Frolics I can understand, I guess. Wasn't that, like, a 2-hour show or something originally? I should point, BTW, that "The Flintstone Kids" was a 1-hour show originally. Even if it was the synidcated version, I imagine they'll still show one of the half-hour episodes followed by the episode that has the three segments (Flintstone Funnies, Dino's Dilemmas, and Captain Caveman and Son), so I'll bet that since this will be shown once a week, it will take...quite a while to get through. As I understand, it had two or three seasons.

I wouldn't be surprised if they showed that short lived show "Cave Kids" (where Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm are in preschool, I think) after that.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
They started airing Pebbles and Bam-Bam show on Sunday 8/18 , that show is 16 episodes so yeah ending on September 8th. Also, they skip some stuff with Flintstone Kids which would take them 9 weeks. Unless they do some specials for Halloween/Christmas in those slots during those holiday seasons.

I was fooled, there was no screen bug here:
View attachment 310131
I mixed it up with the bug of a German network (MDR) and it gave me the illusion it was there.
I can see that! Would have been kind of funny.

Moe

Yo Yogi! was basically Yogi Bear for the MTV Generation. To that end, the theme song is an adaptation of a 1990 chart hit by MTV darlings Poison, "Unskinny Bop", without giving credit. How did Hanna-Barbera escape a lawsuit from Poison anyway?
Yo Yogi! remind me of hip hop culture in late 80s and early 1990s.

Hail to N.W.A!!! lol.

That's what I thought, MeTV Toons...

Furthermore, so they're going right to The Flintstone Kids, skipping "The Flintstones Comedy Show" (syndicated version of The Flintstones Comedy Hour), and Flintstone Frolics (half-hour syndicated version of "The Flintstone Comedy Show"; note the lack of an 's'). Flintstone Frolics I can understand, I guess. Wasn't that, like, a 2-hour show or something originally? I should point, BTW, that "The Flintstone Kids" was a 1-hour show originally. Even if it was the synidcated version, I imagine they'll still show one of the half-hour episodes followed by the episode that has the three segments (Flintstone Funnies, Dino's Dilemmas, and Captain Caveman and Son), so I'll bet that since this will be shown once a week, it will take...quite a while to get through. As I understand, it had two or three seasons.

I wouldn't be surprised if they showed that short lived show "Cave Kids" (where Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm are in preschool, I think) after that.
I do think Flintstone Frolics and Flintstones Comedy Show will end up air on MeTV Toons eventually.

Both are streamable on Boomerang streaming and not issue for Weigel to air those shows on their network.

Mandouga

Isn’t Flintstone Frolics just the international name of The Flintstone Comedy Show?
As I mentioned before, it’s the half hour syndicated version, regardless of where it actually airs. I mean, I haven't heard anything about the original 2-hour (or whatever) version being called that outside the United States…

Mejo

Four Legged Zoo
Flintstone Frolics I can understand, I guess. Wasn't that, like, a 2-hour show or something originally?
It was originally called The Flintstones Comedy Show (not to be confused with what the half hour versions of The Flintstones Comedy Hour were referred to) and was originally 90 minutes long. In May of 1981, it was shortened to 60 minutes (and reruns of the original Flintstones show were also added to NBC’s schedule, lasting for the rest of the season). In December, the show was cut even further to 30 minutes. Starting in September of the next year, the show was retitled to The Flintstone Funnies, where it lasted under that title for two seasons.

I believe the “Flintstone Frolics” title was used for foreign syndication. Just like post December 1981 airings of The Flintstone Comedy Show and The Flintstone Funnies, it was also a half-hour. Despite the fact that Columbia no longer owned most of the Hanna Barbera shows (Worldvision did now) it would appear that they had at least some involvement with the foreign syndication of Flintstone Frolics (on a 16mm print of an episode of that show (which has a title card made on film instead of videotape like the more commonly seen alternate version on the Boomerang streaming service and TV Channel) there are some references to Columbia on the tail leader and the look of the tail leader itself is similar to the tail leaders of the Columbia Pictures Television releases from around that time). UPDATE: They did distribute the show overseas. This press image proves it (looks at the last sentence):
IMG_2106.jpeg

Confused yet? I sure am.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moe

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts