Mike Carlin interviews with Hall of Justice Podcast

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
3/14: The recently retired Mike Carlin who worked on DC comics and later behind-the-scenes on DC animation just part 1 of an interview with the Hall of Justice podcast. He doesn't mince words and gives his opinions on things like Teen Titans Go!, Beware the Batman, hiding star characters from DTV titles, all those work titles he got, and the like.
373. Former DC Executive Mike Carlin Returns

3/21: The next Mike Carlin interview.

-He wasn't a fan of new story added to the Killing Joke DTV because he felt it had nothing to do with the main story.

-He recommended Ricci as the voice of Terra.

-He argued for using an "Elseworlds" branding on the standalone DTVs.

-For Gods and Monsters: Felt the S symbol should have been on the shirt not the belt buckle so people would know he was Superman but Timm wouldn't change it. He also thought Wonder Woman's design was too Kirby inspired.

-Death of Superman: Insisted on scene of Bibbo praying and using the exact dialogue from the comic.

-constantly redesigning characters was getting too unwieldy so there was a shift to the in-continuity DTVs.

-on good and bad fan service. thought Quantumania was about nothing.

-he sent multiple emails praising the My Adventures with Superman. but thought the S design was too blobby.

-He and Krieg went to Wolfman and Perez to discuss the changes to Crisis on Infinite Earths and they totally understood why.

He will return for a third interview to discuss the Tomorrowverse DTVs.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm

Featured Posts