"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 35 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Greg Weisman shed some light on why Vandal didn't view the JSA and All-Star Squadron as threats like he does the Justice League.
Hmm...well, most of the initial League were Americans more or less, aside from Diana and J'onn, and ostensibly I think the JSA would've intended to champion for all even if they represented the USA right down to their name, but I guess I get where he's coming from :confused:.
He also mentioned the unused Season 2 Red Tornado story would have been how Traya was introduced on the series.
That would've been nice. Of course the show diverting from the YJ comic again by not giving Red Tornado and Traya more screentime :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Weisman teases Targets #3. Print on sale September 27 and seems it involves some question of if the person they rescued is Perdita or not, plus the back up story stars Green Arrow.
Queen Perdita has been rescued! Or has she? Beast Boy has his doubts, and soon his suspicions turn terrifyingly real. Nightwing and Robin, working across the globe from one another, come upon information that leads them to uncover the identity of the villain who's been pulling the strings behind this kidnapping all along! Plus, take a trip into the past with another action-packed backup, starring Green Arrow!

Jones posts the three covers.

Another interview. It's mentioned Phantoms production ended last November and Weisman did the 6 Targets scripts between September and December. At one point, the comic preceded Phantoms. Have seen #1 and 2 and Wright is inking #3.

Looking at sites and yeah, look like Targets #2's digital date will be July 12.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Greg Weisman teases Young Justice: Targets #3. Print on sale September 27 and seems it involves some question of if the person they rescued is Perdita or not, plus the back up story stars Green Arrow.
Yay, we're getting More Tim and Green Arrow (maybe the actual events of DC Showcase GA in Earth-16) :)?

It seems like the plan is to replace Perdita with a copy? I wonder if this some kind of Earth-based Manhunter plot or something :confused:.
On the plus side...Tim content with Looker and El Dorado! On the other hand he doesn't get to hang out with his family or Steph :(.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Weisman teases Targets #3. Print on sale September 27 and seems it involves some question of if the person they rescued is Perdita or not, plus the back up story stars Green Arrow.

Jones posts the three covers.
That's interesting. I'm glad the plot of rescuing Perdita won't be stretched out for too long, but there'll still be some twists and turns. And I guess Vertigo ISN'T the true mastermind. I hope it's not just a Light scheme yet again, or that it least has an interesting angle.

Cool collection of characters, especially since most of them save Cass haven't done a lot this past season. I'm curious to see how Looker and Mist function in their teams and just more from Stephanie. I have a feeling Blue Beetle is only on a variant for Hispanic Heritage Month and won't be in the actual issue much.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
maybe the actual events of DC Showcase GA in Earth-16
6/16: Yes, that could be it! In the DC Showcase short, it was said Perdita's father died the night before, making her Vlatava's new Queen then Count Vertigo contracted Merlyn to assassinate her, thus ascending him to the throne as the last living relative. So this assassination in the first back up could have been a contract put up by Vertigo as part of a coordinated strike to take up both of his "obstacles" to the throne in one fell swoop. But I guess he didn't count on Oliver Queen going to the Star City International Airport to pick up Dinah Lance though I'm not sure if they'd go this route anymore given the presence of Zeta-Tubes in Earth-16 canon and Artemis. What we saw in the first back up story this week with Red Arrow and Perdita's father in late September lines up perfectly with what hints we got about the Earth-16 version back in the day:
  • Will see more of Green Arrow and Black Canary's relationship explored in Issue #20-21. Ask Greg 4/16/12
  • Earth-16 version of the DC Showcase short "Green Arrow" Ask Greg 5/8/12
  • The Green Arrow, Black Canary, Artemis, Red Arrow story (set after "Targets") was originally planned for 20-21 but will have to wait and will get to it eventually. Ask Greg 6/13/12
  • Count Vertigo, Merlyn, Henchy, Red Arrow's life as an unwitting mole and the death of Perdita's father also figured into the Green Arrow story. WF Interview 2/19/13
Then of course, we know Perdita returned to the States on November 11 for her heart transplant.

Yes, I think you called it, Frontier.

It seems like the plan is to replace Perdita with a copy? I wonder if this some kind of Earth-based Manhunter plot or something :confused:.
That's interesting. I'm glad the plot of rescuing Perdita won't be stretched out for too long, but there'll still be some twists and turns. And I guess Vertigo ISN'T the true mastermind. I hope it's not just a Light scheme yet again, or that it least has an interesting angle.
At first I thought it would be a Krolotean in a suit but eh so season 2. Then I wondered if they could make a Cadmus clone within a span of days. If so, Logan might then sense this Perdita doesn't remember the same things that only the two of them would. Or maybe they're testing Kobra's brainwashing signal tech from what was that "Needful" or "Volatile" in preparation for taking over all of the Infinitors someday?!

6/18: A 1 hour interview with Chris Jones was posted.

First 27 minutes, Jones talks about transitioning to LA to work on the show. Then gets into Targets.
-He does hint in Targets, a name DC villain debuts in one of the issues.
-He also hints a character we haven't seen for awhile since the show came back appears in Targets.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I wonder if the "name" villain is associated with the robots...could it mean Merlyn, maybe :confused:?
Damn, I'm so brain dead I didn't even think of the possibility they're robots. lol.

Could be Merlyn if your Green Arrow back up theory pans out.

As for the returning character, my first thought was Mal or Karen.

Frontier

Staff member
Damn, I'm so brain dead I didn't even think of the possibility they're robots. lol.

Could be Merlyn if your Green Arrow back up theory pans out.

As for the returning character, my first thought was Mal or Karen.
Probably some people curious if Karen gave their kid the Meta Gene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?
TVLand, CMT, MTV2 (as well as Nickelodeon channels) will be simulcasting Kids Choice Award 2024 according to zap2it!

Featured Posts