Movies you regret watching

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I remember going to the cinema with my family to watch The Counselor (2013) and everyone hated it despite all of the famous actors. The poster has in big letters: "Brad Pitt, Cameron Diaz, Javier Bardem, Penélope Cruz, Michael Fassbender". I honestly can't remember anything from it except for the bombs around people's necks. It has 5.4/10 on IMDB. In general, if a movie is truly insanely bad, then it's unanimously hated on IMDB.

I have seen other terrible films but I tend to forget everything about them except for the vibe. I remember a coming of age movie around 2015 (?) that was so terrible, people at the theaters started saying it out loud (which is very uncommon here). I also remember seeing a movie on TV about a woman who fell in love with a man who wanted to murder her, and then she is on the run with the child. I don't remember exactly what was so awful about it, but I remember being relieved when I saw the hate on IMDB ("Phew, I'm not the only one who sees the problems with this movie").

Pooky

Staff member
There has recently been some effort to reclaim The Counsellor as some kind of misunderstood masterpiece. Personally I found it close to unwatchable.

AllenJ

A few, but the worst one ever was Disaster Movie

I don't even know where to start; not even close to the Scary Movie parody type

I hadn't even seen your post before posting mine lol

I see Disaster Movie has a reputation, then : )
Hey, it's not the #1 lowest rated movie on IMDB for nothing: https://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom/

The only Friedberg/Seltzer movie I've actually seen in theaters was Meet the Spartans, and I remember being instantly turned off by the very first joke involving a vomiting baby Shrek (so much so that I didn't even stay for the rest of the movie). Morbid curiosity eventually led me to look up more information on their other films, and honest to God, that chipmunk scene kept me from sleeping for a week. It still haunts me to this day. I sincerely hope those guys never make another movie again.

Last edited:

Dantheman

Gee, I never thought about that...
There has recently been some effort to reclaim The Counsellor as some kind of misunderstood masterpiece. Personally I found it close to unwatchable.
If that's the movie I think it is, I;ve seen a little bit of it: a scene where Michael Fassbender goes into a lingerie store and Natalie Dormer is the clerk, and she gives him recommendations, and shows him she's wearing thigh-high stockings, and not pantyhose.

I guess I shouldn't watch the rest of it?

Francisque

Hey, it's not the #1 lowest rated movie on IMDB for nothing: https://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom/

The only Friedberg/Seltzer movie I've actually seen in theaters was Meet the Spartans, and I remember being instantly turned off by the very first joke involving a vomiting baby Shrek (so much so that I didn't even stay for the rest of the movie). Morbid curiosity eventually led me to look up more information on their other films, and honest to God, that chipmunk scene kept me from sleeping for a week. It still haunts me to this day. I sincerely hope those guys never make another movie again.
I knew it was a bad movie, just not SO bad

I haven't seen the other ones from the same directors, and thanks god for that lol

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I regret giving Licorice Pizza a good review when I saw it two years ago as come to think it, the romance is very problematic due to the age gap between the two main characters (he's 15, she's 25 if you're wondering) and that's also why I haven't seen Call Me by Your Name, May December and No Hard Feelings.

Mejo

Jukebox Bird
F the Prom: Only watched this one because of intrigue after watching the IHE review. It being directed by the Fine Bros tells you all you need to know.

Dantheman

Gee, I never thought about that...
Another one that I look back on, and think, "Why did I watch this?":

Wedding in White- A 1970s movie starring Carol Kane and Donald Pleasance, where Carol Kane is a teenage girl in 1940s Canada, who is SAed by her brother's military friend when they both come to visit on leave, and later learns she's pregnant. When her parents find out, they slut-shame her and marry her off to one of her father's military buddies, a much older man, to save face.

Just unpleasant. It's on Tubi TV but stay away. No, just.... no.

EDIT: And please, don't make me have to talk about the 1970s TV movie Born Innocent, starring Linda Blair, and responsible for creating the family viewing hour in prime time. Please don't.

Last edited:

Tommypezmaster

* While this is a cult favorite, I never understood the appeal of Disney's The Kid. I see it as a shamless Big Daddy rip-off that heavly mean-spirited.

* The Animal was just unbearlbe since it's a man getting orchard for comedy purposes. Yet it got overshadowed by Freddy Got Fingered years later despite being same movie reskinned w. a different premise.

* Eagle Eye is a tone deaf McDonald's/Circuit City commercial that can't make up it's mind weather to be a dramatic thriller or a wacky comedy.

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
EDIT: And please, don't make me have to talk about the 1970s TV movie Born Innocent, starring Linda Blair, and responsible for creating the family viewing hour in prime time. Please don't.
Always found that factoid interesting- never seen it though. Speaking of made-for-TV movies, there's also the infamous Bad Ronald. Just a squick premise.

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
I haven't seen all of Son of the Mask (count your blessings), but the scene with a woman's head getting turned into a giant nose and spraying mucus on the ground was more than I ever needed to see.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm

Featured Posts