"My Adventures With Superman" Animated Series News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Dragnatek

I'm not familiar with Jack Quaid, but I liked his voice roles, such as Richie Rich in Harvey Girls Forever. He could make a good Superman.
I know of Jack Quad mainly due to the Boys and Star Trek Lower Decks. I guess Clark can be portrayed similar to Boimler in that awkward nerd sense but I don't know how well he can pull off Superman. It will be interesting.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Honestly though the idea of this and the Batman animated shows are interesting on their own what honestly excites me most for this is that these are series that are pitched not just to HBO Max but also Cartoon Network. Maybe this is just some really twisted way of CN not really promoting the shows at all so HBO Max can drive up all the revenue but if these are shows meant to be shared and shown fairly on both networks, that means that Cartoon Network seems like it is truly finally fully building back up proper action shows again. Like ones for the first time in like a decade that don't need a major comedy lean to it and can tell full on seralized more action heavy character based stories which I am all for. And yeah as others pointed out they really should have made this a three fer with a Wonder Woman animated series (who has never had one) I do feel there's more you can currently do in animation with Superman then with Batman and yeah Supes hasn't had a proper animated series since... Legion Of Superheroes if that counts but if it doesn't, the 90s so yeah time for him to have another one of those as well especially with his movie career being hard to pin point down now.

the_joker

Can't think of a title
It has been about 25 years since Superman: The Animated Series first aired. Yeah, Legion of Superheroes also featured Superman, but it wasn't exactly a Superman show since it didn't have his rogues gallery or even take place in Metropolis.

The show is definitely giving off a She-Ra vibe as Lois looks like final season Catra (the "cat-like" eyes look weird, though) and Jimmy is practically Bow.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I also wanted to say, I'm happy to see they managed to keep this a secret for so long. I mean there have been rumors about Bruce Timm working on a new Batman show for a while now, but this kind of came out of nowhere and they even announced some of the voice actors.

Takes me back to the mid-late 2000s when last we saw a Superman-related cartoon (LoSH) be made alongside a Batman-centric cartoon (The Batman). It is rather interesting that the two shows are seemingly going that far back-basics between the Noir Detective Batman and the American Alien Superman.
That might actually be a better comparison, since those shows weren't in-continuity with each other either, and had distinct art-styles as well (sort of like with these newly announced Batman & Superman shows).
Looks fun. And there's some pretty nice lore cuts; Intergang and a little girl from the Newsboy Legion show up in the first ep, from what I understand.
Do you have a source for that? Just curious since I haven't noticed anything online about those characters showing up, unless I missed it. Would be pretty cool if true.

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
While I am dubious over Cartoon Network’s involvement, a new Superman cartoon is welcome.

I am hoping they keep his secret identity from Lois a while, Superman is at its best when it’s a 2 person love triangle.

ShadowStar

Interesting -- hope this works out well! I feel that I haven't seen enough yet to form much of an opinion, but I like the fact that the Man of Steel is finally going to play a central role in DC animation once again.

Greg91

Reporter
It's awesome that we're getting another Superman animated series since the 1990s! This show looks pretty light-hearted and I'm glad they're focused on the Daily Planet trio.

With this, Superman: Man of Tomorrow and Superman & Lois, it's nice to see Superman getting the spotlight again.

-batmat-

I'm surprised this seems to be getting more love than Caped Crusader. Of course there's not much we know about this for now, but from the look of it, it feels like its either gonna be very bland and forgettable, or very fresh, original and charming, kinda like Harley Quinn took us by complete surprise. Here's hoping for the latter.

Im not sure this is a "Superman animated series" as many are calling it. The title alone suggests Lois is the main character.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm surprised this seems to be getting more love than Caped Crusader. Of course there's not much we know about this for now, but from the look of it, it feels like its either gonna be very bland and forgettable, or very fresh, original and charming, kinda like Harley Quinn took us by complete surprise. Here's hoping for the latter.
I think it's probably because it's been so long since the last time Superman had a cartoon (even if you count the Legion cartoon) and it's going for a very fresh take on the property.
Im not sure this is a "Superman animated series" as many are calling it. The title alone suggests Lois is the main character.
I think it's probably like Lois and Clark or Superman and Lois in terms of being as much about the pair as it is about Superman, but he's still the main character.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts