"My Adventures With Superman" Comic Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this comic

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
My Adventures With Superman

Six Issue Canon Mini-Series

mawsissue1.jpg

Issue #1 "The Ones Who Fell to Earth Part One" - June 4, 2024
Clark Kent is a bit down and out, spending Christmas alone in Metropolis. But when he gets a tip about a monster in the sewers, Superman, Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen spring into action to investigate this mystery. What is this

Related Threads
-News & Discussion Thread
-Season One Talkback
-Season Two Talkback

Frontier

Staff member
This was a cute start to this between-the-scenes story bridging season 1 to season 2. It really does capture the vibe

I love Clark helping with the rebuild of the city after the Parasite Kaiju attack (the shell of which is still in the city).

Clark is at the Planet for the Holidays and desperate for companionship, even from the other reporter trio, though I love how Steve doesn't even remember Clark, Lois, and Jimmy's names.

How many times has this trio used a conspiracy board to come up with plans for the most mundane things?

I like how Lois is overcompensating in wanting to be there for Clark because she feels guilty over how things went with her dad.

Jimmy waiting to get solvent so he can start spending away all his money in season 2!

I like how Amazo is a sentient version of the Parasite suit in Amazo colors. They even managed to give it the Amazo elf ears. Which also makes it 10x better than most of the shows other villain redesigns.

You know this is MAWS Superman because he's getting his butt kicked 50-60% of the issue.

Interesting that Bloodsport isn't with Task Force X but working with Checkmate, a rival organization.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yeah, nice touch that Superman is helping out.

lol Steve doesn't remember their names.

I like the idea that Jimmy's first big splurge with his money is for Clark's Christmas. Not something for himself. Nice character beat.

Had a feeling Bloodsport wasn't going to be with Task Force X based on the loglines and more of a black op clean up crew that scrubs incidents clean. Sounds like Checkmate was the actual group that confiscated all of Ivo's tech and not TFX in the Ivo debut episode? Gotta recheck that if that was ever addressed in season 1. Then that sorta implies all the groups within Task Force X's structure don't work together or know each other's missions but know of each other - compartmentalization.

That's was a neat development. Feels like Amazo took on Superman's powers to learn speech more than to have his power set and ask Superman to help save it.

edit: Also, nice little All-Star Superman shout out with Jimmy talking about the Subterranosauri Underground.

Last edited:

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
This was a fun first issue. I'm happy that it covers the Christmas time between the end of season 1 and start of season 2. It fits in naturally and ensures fans don't miss out on the setting.

Everyone helping Clark out was sweet, from Lois feeling a bit guilty from her father's actions to Jimmy promising to first use his money to buy him something nice. It even gave the Scoop Troop more to so, since the show's serialized nature and compact episode runs gives very little for a supporting cast to shine.

I'm glad we got some comic-exclusive characters in the show like Amazo and Bloodsport. I wonder if the show will ever introduce them around season 3 or beyond. It's a bit surreal seeing Bloodsport in particular being so obedient to the government.

I like how Amazo is a sentient version of the Parasite suit in Amazo colors. They even managed to give it the Amazo elf ears. Which also makes it 10x better than most of the shows other villain redesigns.
I really like Amazo's design, a nice combination of the Parasite tech and the classic design. It stands out from a lot of the other robots we've seen in the series.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
mawsissue2.jpg

Issue #2 "The Ones Who Fell to Earth Part Two" - July 3, 2024
After the mysterious android is captured by a covert military group, Superman realizes he can't just bust through a government facility and take what he wants. No, this looks like a job for mild-mannered journalist Clark Kent!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Issue #2

Nice callback to the pilot. This comic takes place at Mt. Simonson Base, where Leslie Willis, Badger, and their hired mercs stole Task Force X's tech from.

"The plan is to go in posing as reporters writing an article." / "Lois, we are reporters." :D

Looks like the rescue op this season wasn't the only time Lois had to burn through her contacts. Also a word-for-word line in this issue.

Loved the twist that Jimmy was banned from the base because of a theory about them creating The Trench and that ban facilitated him being locked in a room where he discovered Slade's presence and later used his bombs to help Superman. And a Turtle Boy mention, ha.

Okay, Team Seven is basically confirmed to be Checkmate's cleanup crew, they very very likely were the ones that cleaned up Ivo's lab in season 1, and both name members DuBois and Killgrave have utter contempt for Task Force X. Dr. Killgrave, interesting pull from the late 80s Byrne era.

Pretty lucky Lois' palm scan idea worked. Figured Sam's scans would be invalid by then...

Gotta say DuBois called it, no nuance when it comes to Waller's plan to regain Checkmate's favor. She was a bit less Ka-Boom when she let the inmates out to sabotage Sam in season one but it does show her having a pattern of using cutthroat moves to remove rivals.

Glad the question of the advanced A.I. was brought up. Killgrave credits Ivo... but it was probably Luthor. Wonder if he somehow used some of the Brainiac A.I. to create Amazo's.

Nice Checkmate nod with the program being called White Pawn. If I remember right, pawns were the support staff in the comics version of the agency.

And Amazo is back in the wild but Clark is charged with treason. Ooooo.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
It was another entertaining issue. I find Task Force X a little less boring when there's competition, so I liked Deathstroke vs. Bloodsport, even though we know from season 2 that Team Seven will lose the battle. I wonder if we'll get any Wildstorm characters considering that the only other member we see is Thaddeus Killgrave, a Superman character.

Superman is pretty sympathetic to Amazo's plight. Not just because of his basic decency, but also because both have been tortured by the government and treated as dangerous weapons.

Yet more mermaid references from Jimmy, though this specific one involves The Trench. Interesting to see the government considering Jimmy as more of a menace than Lois.

My only issues involved how the DNA worked and how close Jimmy was to the bomb before it went off, even though he's meant to be okay afterwards.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts