"Naruto Shippuden" Disney XD Talkback: Immortal Devastators Arc

Mandouga

Um, was any of this in the manga? I only managed to catch the second half, but it felt more like a throwaway comedy episode (esepcially the "Ichiraku Ramen no longer makes ramen" part).

Lord Mawdryn

Board Bad Boy
Yeah, this episode was mostly filler material, but there were bits of canon stuff here and there.

It was really the opposite of the previous episode where it was mostly canon with bits of filler...

FFmax

Pangoro's Bizarre Adventure
Man, I'm really behind. I have been slowly recording reruns since only my dad's tv has Disney XD.:(

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
This episode was okay, but I did not enjoy that filler scene at all. It was such a waste of time, which is what filler is, but it was more unberable this time. Whio cares about ramen and dumping noodles?

Burgundy Ranger

Follower of Power Rangers, especially TV listings
FYI: Premiere episodes have been moved from Wednesdays 9:30 p.m. to Saturdays 11:00 p.m., effective this week.

Burgundy Ranger

Follower of Power Rangers, especially TV listings
Also, they lost those 90-minute rerun blocks that used to be 11:00-12:30 on weekend nights. On Saturdays, it's now Naruto premiere at 11:00, X-Men Evo at 11:30, Spider-Man at midnight, making a Spidey hour from 12-1.

On Sundays, it's an Avengers hour (which also got yanked from Wednesday nights) from 11-12, and the same Spidey schedule at midnight.

From what I can tell, that reduces Naruto's presence on the schedule to the Saturday 11:00 pm premiere and the weekday 2:30 a.m. rerun slot.

Lord Mawdryn

Board Bad Boy
This can't be good.:sad:
I think it actually might be good. The violence content is only going to increase and get more graphic from here on out. It's not exactly going to fit in prime time with their other more family-friendly cartoons anymore. Moving it to late night Saturday might allow less editing--or rather, less really, really bad edits due to the content.

Naruto: Shippuden is the show that's really going to test just how "X-treme" Disney XD is, IMO...

Mandouga

I think it actually might be good. The violence content is only going to increase and get more graphic from here on out. It's not exactly going to fit in prime time with their other more family-friendly cartoons anymore. Moving it to late night Saturday might allow less editing--or rather, less really, really bad edits due to the content.

Naruto: Shippuden is the show that's really going to test just how "X-treme" Disney XD is, IMO...

Also, in the worst case scenario, they might even drop the show completely (mind you, they didn't even have to air it all, and even then they could have asked for/made more edits). Basically, this show has now officially gotten the shaft. In any case, being that this is still Disney XD I highly doubt that they might create a late-night block for older viewers (IMHO, that would be opening a can of worms), but considering that the new timeslot this show is being given, I personally think we need to consider the (slight, though admittedly unlikely) possibility, and for the record, that's not a good thing where Disney (as a whole) is concerned. To be exact, they may or may not be be planning to use this show a way to test-market the idea (which I hope doesn't come to pass, of course).

Anyhow, because it will be airing past my bedtime, I probably won't be able to watch it. Also, something tells me that the fact that Disney XD is making such a dramatic timeslot change also means that they might not have known about this ahead of time (the episodes becoming more violent, I mean); that they only just found out. Hey, it's possible.

Still, I have to agree. One way or the other, this is bad news...

Lord Mawdryn

Board Bad Boy
Lord Mawdryn said:

Also, in the worst case scenario, they might even drop the show completely (mind you, they didn't even have to air it all, and even then they could have asked for/made more edits). Basically, this show has now officially gotten the shaft.
Thing is, though, if Disney XD really wanted to get rid of Naruto: Shippuden, they'd simply stop airing it period. They wouldn't have changed its schedule, it'd simply be gone, as if it had never been there.

But as Shippuden repeats were already airing on Saturday nights, it makes sense to move it there really if it was ever going to be moved. And quite frankly, given what's to come in later episodes, Saturday night is probably the best place for it now.

Kaveh77

Or maybe the target audience that's watching it the most are Teens and they want to move it late night to decrease the edits. It would make sense from what I've heard is in this arc. It could be that or the ratings are crap :shrug:

So Its kind of like Toonami's Midnight run with Marvel instead of Anime....well you could call it an extreme Jetix Late night block

11:00 PM- Shippuden
11:30 PM- Shippuden
12:00 AM- Shippuden
12:30 AM- Spider-Man
1:00 AM- Spider-Man Unlimited
1:30 AM- Iron Man
2:00 AM- Fantastic Four
2:30 AM- Hulk
3:00 AM- Spider-Man/Friends
3:30 AM- X-Men
4:00 AM- Silver Surfer
4:30 AM- Fantastic Four

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Eerily similar to YTV's situation with Naruto.

The show was performing well from various timeslots from 8-9:30PM on Friday nights for years. Suddenly moved to Saturday at 9PM. Then pushed to 10PM, before going to midnight where a 4AM weekday strip was added. After YTV's ordered 220 episodes aired, they removed the series entirely, and haven't bothered with Shippuden.

O-chan

Despite all the doom saying, I kinda like having Naruto: Shippuden on the same night that One Piece simulcasts and Bleach has it's Adult Swim premieres.

O-chan

FTPC

ok this past wednesday my Gudie told me that Naruto was on but I saw Zacky and cody, So you saying that NEW Ep of Naruto Shippuden will be on tonight at 11 pm? But I see the only thing wrong with this is Bleach is on a 12am oh well.

why is XD trying to rid of the only anime title on thst network it make no since oh well I will just added to my anime dvd list and call my local FYE. I wonder if XD will be saying good bye to the Anvengers as well :( ?

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
These next few episodes will really test Disney's editing abilities.

I.R Joey

Yep my face got stuck this way

This was the arc I was most concerned about when I heard Disney XD was going to air this show, This is a very violent arc, and the thing is unlike the fight against Sasori, it can't be edited around because quite frankly it's key to the plot.

Spotlight

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts