New X-Men #151 - 154 "Here Comes Tomorrow" Talkback (Spoilers)

Read and Rate

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • **** 1/2

• *** 1/2

Votes: 2 40.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ** 1/2

• * 1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

Cyber E.

New X-Men #151

COVER: Marc Silvestri
SCRIPT: Grant Morrison
PENCILS: Marc Silvestri

DESCRIPTION: It’s the early favorite for THE comic book event of 2004 as industry giant Marc Silvestri returns to the X for Grant Morrison’s final story arc and instant classic, “Here Comes Tomorrow”! In the tradition of “Days Of Future Past”, take a look into the X-Men’s future. Society has crumbled, the human race is all but decimated, and mutants have evolved far beyond their imagined potential. But throughout the years, the dream of one man long dead still remains true – that of Professor Charles Xavier … that of the X-Men!

Comments?

Fett One

Jedi Hunter
This sounds like a good story. My only complaints with it are; why are the Stepford Cuckoos still alive and why is Cassandra Nova not only alive but now a good guy?

Bubblegum Girl

Magic User Wannabe
I read that in my Wizard magazine(No really, I did!) and it was awesome. I wonder if a spin-off series will spawn from this story arc?

MAXIMUS

The Hound
Im sick of these future stories...arent we getting close to when Days of Future Past took place. Yeesh the events that happen in the "future" never really happen in the book. However, it does make for some good reading. Just put me down as official fli flopper for this title.

wrenchien

Fett One said:
This sounds like a good story. My only complaints with it are; why are the Stepford Cuckoos still alive and why is Cassandra Nova not only alive but now a good guy?

because at the end, the combination of jean grey's death by magento's drug-altered powers and wolverine's decapitation of magneto causing said powers to go beyond haywire without any head to control them, fractured the universe akin to the shattering of the m'kraan crystal so that the universe would wind up existing with a cassandra nova finding peace in her heart and someone looking like beast following apocalypse's path (you might have noted at 150's end it looked like beast was on some kick himself while arranging for a 'cure' for humanity's extinction) and jean grey coming back possibly as an egg (as a phoenix is technically a bird no matter how much it craves self-immolation, regardless whether it'll come back from being turned to ashes this time or not), and actually allowed beak to have a much cooler descendant.

it's my belief that in repairing the universe, the marvel writing team taking over for morrison might erase all the more 'adult' episodes of xmen from canon as a alternate timeline , so they can appeal to kids again as kids nowadays are forbidden to read by parents a lot of adult materials. and it would help marvel to have more kids buy comics and not just the adults.

halinar

I honestly didn't much care for the Morrison run, art or story wise.

I am picking up the next few books mostly for the art but also to see how the story goes. Good thing I did pick up 150 though so I know what's going on a little bit. Will be interesting to see how many of the old crew show up 150 years later!!! I guess they've been drinking milk.

J

James Howlett

The story is good so far. I am interested for them to fill the blanks in a bit more between this issue and the last one. I think that Morrison is building to something big in issue #154, when the story is done. I like how Morrison has boiled a lot of the characters down to weapons, and how their mutant powers can be reproduced and used against them. The art by Silvestri is quite a change from the last issue, and is a bit jarring. I think he does a fine job on the issue, but he makes all the characters look like supermodels. His Nightcrawler rendition is quite creepy, though.

John6777

ugh

My only complaint is that Morrison basically writes what already has been written time and time again.

1)Cassandra Nova=Onslaught
2)Planet X=Eve of Destruction
3)Here Comes Tommorow= Days of Future path.

Sure he does them good but this arc is no better then Days of Future path so far. And its not like its the real future , it's only 1 possible future of like 1 million.

John

jgully

cosmic explorer/shoeshine boy
i think that was his plan all along it's weird but i think he wanted to touch on all parts of the x-men's history

Spider-Man

Is it possible that the Beast from this story is the "Dark Beast" from the Age of Apocalypse storyline from a few years that. That was a major X-Men story that would be worthy of touching on.

John6777

Spider-Man said:
Is it possible that the Beast from this story is the "Dark Beast" from the Age of Apocalypse storyline from a few years that. That was a major X-Men story that would be worthy of touching on.
I doubt it. They did a good job of erasing the AOA from continuity. He might still be out there but i doubt Marvel wants to use him again. But hey it's still a possibility. I figured it was just one of Beat's Descendents.

John

Spider-Man

It's possible that it is. Beast mentions "Apocalypse" which could be an indicator. Besides, if Morrison is paying homage to past storylines, then why not Age of Apocalypse? The storyline which had a big impact on the X-Men titles in the 1990's. I'm really looking forward to seeing where this arc is going. It's gonna be interesting to see how he ties this arc into his past 36 issues.

J

James Howlett

It's possible that Morrison is touching upon Age of Apocalypse, too. Although I don't think Dark Beast would have the same fixation on the Phoenix egg as the regular Beast would.

Spider-Man

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NEW X-MEN #152[/font]

2693.jpg

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Written by Grant Morrison
Covers & Pencils by Marc Silvestri
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Society has crumbled, the human race is all but decimated, and mutants have evolved far beyond their imagined potential. But throughout the years, the dream of one man long dead still remains true – that of Professor Charles Xavier … that of the X-Men![/font]

Comments?

Pyro

I'm looking forward to the rest of this story. I liked it, but I'm not too sure what is going on in it, though. Reading it, I thought all the characters were the same people but in the future, but now I remember it's supposed to be 150 years in the future, so that can't be. But also, the Stepford Cukoos did say something about time and space being messed up. I was surprised at how much Silvestri's art reminded me of Jim Lee's. Especially his Cyclops. I think it's clear that he chose Jean over Emma, which is what I thought in the first place, though we still can't be 100% sure. I want more!
:confused:

John6777

I think Ernst was Cassandra all along. Cassandra was rehabilitated and Ernst didn't show up till after and she carries around Martha. She was a old little girl who kina resembled Cassandra. Now in the future Cassandra carries around Martha. Coincidence , I think not.

John

Spider-Man

Morrison seems to be gearing up for a huge finale which will obviously have some effect on present day. He keeps bringing up how the universe is broken, or on the wrong path, so he must be going somewhere with that. This wasn't his best effort, but it does have me interested in the outcome. The sketchy artwork was distracting, and didn't really look all that hot. I don't get what the big deal about Marc Silvestri is. His artwork is nice, and passable, but nothing truly extraordinary.

John6777

Marc Silvestri is so famous because back in the early 80's no one really drew like him. Sure there is alot of people with great artwork but with Simonson on X-factor and Silvestri on X-men. You can see which was alot better.

On the story , it's so confusing i can't wait till it explains it all from the very beginning. Like i said in the other Board. I think Ernst grew up and is now Cassandra Nova. I mean Ernst came around when Cassie was going to be taught to be good. I mean if they turned her into a little kid wouldn't that be teaching her to be good. Also Cassie carries around Martha in previews of this arc and we all know Ernst was the one who used to carry MArtha.

John

wolverine0815

On the last page Beast says something along the lines of being SUBLIME. So is this beast or a mutated John Sublime?

Spider-Man

wolverine0815 said:
On the last page Beast says something along the lines of being SUBLIME. So is this beast or a mutated John Sublime?
I think Beast has taken over the roll of Sublime...which is interesting. I wonder where Morrison is going with this. Ideas?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts