New X-Men #151 - 154 "Here Comes Tomorrow" Talkback (Spoilers)

Read and Rate

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • **** 1/2

• *** 1/2

Votes: 2 40.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ** 1/2

• * 1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

Fett One

Jedi Hunter
Things are getting interesting.

Out of curiosity, who is Sublime? I've only been reading X-men comics for a few years and I don't recall ever hearing about him.

John6777

I think Beast is possessed by Apocalypse but that's just me. It would be the ultimate evil vs Jean and that would be pretty cool. I think Apocalypse has been setting up the John Sublime,Xorn thing and then took over beast like he did cyclops and took over the planet.

John

Samhaine

Time To Relax
John6777 said:
I think Beast is possessed by Apocalypse but that's just me. It would be the ultimate evil vs Jean and that would be pretty cool. I think Apocalypse has been setting up the John Sublime,Xorn thing and then took over beast like he did cyclops and took over the planet.
Technically, Apocalypse didn't take over Cyclops. They merged, and that wasn't even Apocalypse's doing - it was Cyclops'. I don't really see how he could take over Beast. Or orchestrate the whole of Morrison's run. Didn't he die at the end of Search For Cyclops for good? (or, at least, good enough that Cable had absolutely no purpose in life any longer)

Now, Sumblime taking over Beast I'd believe. Think about it - he's already appeared to be unkillable in his previous appearances (he's come back from the dead, what, twice already in 40 issues?). Beast says something about 3 billion years - Apocalypse isn't that old, so we can rule him out on that basis alone. If John Sublime is an immortal (maybe through possesion) then this would make some sense.

My guess is this whole thing is an alternate reality that Pheonix will eventually turn around and fix.

Sure there is alot of people with great artwork but with Simonson on X-factor and Silvestri on X-men. You can see which was alot better.
This was Walt Simonson? THE Walt Simonson? -I'm honestly asking, I wasn't reading X-Men comics in the 80s- I'm going to type my response assuming you're talking about Walt Simonson, comics legend. If not, I apologize now and retract.

How could you possibly say Silvestri is better than Simonson? Different strokes, I guess.

John6777

Samhaine said:
Technically, Apocalypse didn't take over Cyclops. They merged, and that wasn't even Apocalypse's doing - it was Cyclops'. I don't really see how he could take over Beast. Or orchestrate the whole of Morrison's run. Didn't he die at the end of Search For Cyclops for good? (or, at least, good enough that Cable had absolutely no purpose in life any longer)

Now, Sumblime taking over Beast I'd believe. Think about it - he's already appeared to be unkillable in his previous appearances (he's come back from the dead, what, twice already in 40 issues?). Beast says something about 3 billion years - Apocalypse isn't that old, so we can rule him out on that basis alone. If John Sublime is an immortal (maybe through possesion) then this would make some sense.

My guess is this whole thing is an alternate reality that Pheonix will eventually turn around and fix.

This was Walt Simonson? THE Walt Simonson? -I'm honestly asking, I wasn't reading X-Men comics in the 80s- I'm going to type my response assuming you're talking about Walt Simonson, comics legend. If not, I apologize now and retract.

How could you possibly say Silvestri is better than Simonson? Different strokes, I guess.
You have to read the X-books of the 80's to really have an opinion on it. When Simonson drew Inferno all the characters looked like garbage sorry to say. Silivestri's work on X-men however blew his work out of the water. It's like Larocca and Kordey.

John

Spider-Man

NEW X-MEN #153

Written by: Grant Morrison
Cover & Pencils by: Marc Silvestri

“Here Comes Tomorrow” Pt. 3 (of 4) - Continuing the biggest comics event of 2004! Xavier’s dream stays alive as the X-Men of tomorrow make final preparations for a final showdown with …. the Beast!?

Comments? Post your thoughts.

Fett One

Jedi Hunter
I liked the ending when they were surrounded by all of those ships and then Jean showed up and confronted Wolverine.

Spider-Man

Grant Morrison concludes his controversdial run on New X-Men with the final installment of this futuristic tale.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NEW X-MEN #154[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
t-newxmen154art.jpg

Interior Art
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Written by: Grant Morrison
Cover & Pencils by: Marc Silvestri
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Here Comes Tomorrow” finale! Grant Morrison and Marc Silvestri’s epic saga about the X-Men of the future comes to a universe-shattering conclusion. What ramifications will this have on the X-Men of today?[/font]

Comments? What are your thoughts?

Fett One

Jedi Hunter
This had a good ending. Jean wanting Scott to be with Emma was a surprise. I thought the part when she was with all of those other Pheonix's was a bit confusing to understand at first (I had to reread it a few times).

Could somebody provide me with some info on Sublime? I've read an Avengers comic from the 80's that had a government agency that was possessed by something that claimed to have at one time possessed the dinosaurs and then moved on to humans. They decided to leave humans and inhabit mutants so they captured the Scarlet Witch to experiment on her. Captain America and She-Hulk went looking for her and were captured. She-Hulk was possessed while Cap remained immune to it due to the super solider serum. He eventually freed the both of them. Assuming that that was sublime in that storyline, what other attempts has it made, since the X-men seem to know about it?

Spider-Man

I thought it was a good conclusion to the arc, but it wasn't the best of Morrison's run. It was great that he tied alot of things together, but he still leaves alot of questions unanswered. I do like how Morrison ended it, bringing the issue back to the final pages of the first part. And base don the preview art that is up at Newsarama, we're going to see alot of Scott and Emma's decision, and it is going to make some heavy changes.

wolverine0815

I liked the conclusion to the arc. I also had to reread the part with the other Phoenix. I just wonder how they are going to handle Jean with the next movie which seems to be about the phoenix storyline.

John6777

I loved it!!! They finally explained Feron and Rachel being phoenixs. They didn't just erase continuity. Also Jean really shined in the episode. Looks like she gave up all emotion.

John

2Divine

Just Another Heavenly Body...
I dug it. But here's what I want to know: what is the true identity of Apollyon? He had that cool unmasking scene, and all I could think was, "Deadpool?" Did I miss something? It seemed important...

John6777

2Divine said:
I dug it. But here's what I want to know: what is the true identity of Apollyon? He had that cool unmasking scene, and all I could think was, "Deadpool?" Did I miss something? It seemed important...
It was Fantomex. E.V.A says "Fantomex is that you?" When she is dying.

John

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Can someone explain every single thing that was "Revealed" in this storyline? Grant Morrison sure has gone to great lengths to make this title deeper than it actually needed to be...

J

James Howlett

I am still not sure what to think of this arc. I don't like the idea that the whole story was essentially retconned so Scott and Emma would get together. I understand why, but it felt a bit like a waste. And since this arc was just an alternate future, I did not really connect to the characters. I thought the arc was well - written, I just with Morrison took a different approach to tie up some of the loose ends. We now know that the Kick drug was a new form of Sublime who essentially took over Beast. There are other things, but I do not think we will see them properly addressed until the next issue when Austen begins writing. The art could have been better. I found it really sketchy at times, and a bit overrated. The art was good, but I wish Jimenez was doing the arc. It seems like Silvestri was on only to sell some more issues.

peterparker05

The Hopeless Romantic
I loved this issue. Grant Morrison is, by far, my favorite comic book writer, having won me over in JLA. I liked all of the bits with "Cassandra Nova" in this last arc. Also, Jean really kicked butt in this final issue of Morrison's run. I now know what he meant by saying that this would be his final word on the Phoenix. However, can someone explain to me the bit with all of the Phoenixs. I was a little confused.

But overall, this issue rocked, bringing a new end to Morrison's New X-Men.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts