Official Digimon Adventure 02 Episodes on YouTube

Gatomon41

Digipunk
In preparation for the new Digimon Adventure 02 movie being released in a couple of weeks, Toei a animation has been posting selected episode of the Digimon 02 Saban Eng dub on YouTube.

Which is neat - since I wasn’t on the internet as much when it first premiered on Fox Kids decades ago. Anyone else watch the episodes? They just released the Wold Tour episodes yesterday,

Light Lucario

Staff member
I heard that they put some Japanese episodes up on YouTube, but I didn't know that they were putting up some of the dubbed episodes there as well. That's pretty cool. While it isn't one of my favorite Digimon series, I still like Adventure 02, even with its sudden time skip epilogue, and I do have some fun memories watching it on Fox Kids back in the day too.

Gatomon41

Digipunk
Looks like Toei put up the last batch of 02 episodes. The last 3 episodes, which reveal the true villain behind Tommy Wiseau’s schemes.

Can I post links to the episodes? It’s been a while, so I’m not sure if that’s allowed or not.

Probably my favorite Series Finale for Digimon. Sure they’re all good, but this is the most uplifting and epic. The sense of cathartic and victory was the most here.

And then there’s the prologue. Fans did not like the prologue, though I was still feeling great that it Didn’t bother me much.

Maybe I’ll do a live watch on this thread of the episodes. That will have to be later.

Gatomon41

Digipunk
So back from seeming the Eng dub of Digimon 02: The Beginning.

Plot: Kids have monsters, they're friends. This is one of their adventures.

Spoiler Free Thoughts: Had a great time - the animation is wonderful, the story was fascinating, and the plot was focused. It does play with ideas of what is friendship is, communication, and free will. A Digimon movie that feels like classic Digimon, only with less puns.

Also, a lot of fans showed up, so we stuck around began talking about Digimon for a half-hour afterwards. Always fun to be with fellow Digifans.

What follows is the Spoiler Thoughts:

• So another stranger with Digimon problems shows up. This is like the 4th time this happened in the Adventure continuity alone.
  • Good to see all the world tour kids. Sure they don't have a major role, but they do give a personal touch to this worldwide crisis. The stakes are Truly on a global scale.
  • I was shocked by Armadillomon's new voice. It's understandable why they needed a new voice actor - Robert Axelrod had passed away (RIP). What I don't get is why Armadillmoon sounds like Elmo now. It's higher pitched, lacking the southern drawl and feels more appropriate for Herrismon. Granted the new voices don't exactly Match that as the originals, but they are similar enough that it's not too jarring. Very bizarre, to the point I wonder what the voice director was thinking?
  • Saw the twist a Mile a way, but it was still effective. Lui's experiences feels like a classic sf story, as if Richard Matheson or Henrry Kuttner and C.L. Moore had snuck in and did the script. Effective horror.
  • Our heroes have to run from the police on two occasions, and probably annoy plenty of authorities. Digimon is still cyberpunk.
  • Wow, the animation on Angewomon's digivolution is crisp. And we get to see much more of their unhelmeted face briefly. Such beauty.
  • One wonders why Ukkomon's cosmic horror form is suddenly attacking our heroes, when Ukkomon seems not want to fight. It's possible it's just a natural reaction that Ukkomon can't control - like an immune system, it will act regardless of our conscious thoughts.
  • The digivices are gone? I doubt that will hold - this is Digimon, nothing Is forever. And since Digimon is a toy based brand, you can bet a new digitize will be back if they make another movie in the Adventure universe.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Shiloh Otter wrote on PinkieLopBun's profile.
Can i ask what your current profile picture is? I don't recognize this character.
zap2it and TVInsider updated: Clifford the Big Red Dog (2021) is pulled and back with To Be Announced. I think it might be error showing to be announced.
Will have to see based on promo for July for Movie Madness for Nickelodeon.
for those concerning: the comedy central website is still up but its the video section that got the boot
Comedy Central's and MTV's online archives being purged makes me glad I don't use Spotify or clouds and download all the music I buy on Amazon. You can't always trust digital platforms where something can be here today and then gone tomorrow.
Will someone please create a subtrope of No Dub For You titled ''A Sweet Case of Bocchitis''? It would be dedicated to media with no dubs.

Featured Posts