Old International Fox Kids/Jetix Channels Memorial Thread

JulianRO

I suppose it was broadcast from Athens, as there was no Ofcom/ITC licence for it. Nova was the only pay-TV provider in Greece at the time, and they had a local team, and was supposed to be a replacement of their local version of K-TV. It may also explains the use of Nova's website on promos.

You were right.
1723283687155.png

Two Two's

I've got an electric shaver!
Jetix UK was probably one of the lowest watched kids channels in the UK at around 2007. This could be attributed to poor scheduling decisions and a lack of variety with progamming (which tie-in together)

This could be seen as early as 2003 when FOX Kids UK outright cut a huge chunk of the schedule in favour of more Power Rangers and more Marvel shows. Honestly if they launched a FOX Kids PLAY channel, it would probably be the lowest watched channel on Sky in general unless if they added heavy hitters.

harry580

I wonder if fox kids play was planned when fox family worldwide is still owned by news corporation but was delayed when disney bought fox family worldwide until disney did launched fox kids play in 2003

JulianRO

No offense but please write the names of people, channels, companies, etc. with first letter capitalized. It's much harder to read without.

Two Two's

I wonder if fox kids play was planned when fox family worldwide is still owned by news corporation but was delayed when disney bought fox family worldwide until disney did launched fox kids play in 2003
I always assumed there was a 2nd channel planned but Disney's buy-out prevented it. Could of been FOX Family and it could of even been a FTA counterpart of FK

Eek the Cat promo from Jetix Play (2007-2011)

Last edited:

JulianRO

"Transformers: Robots in Disguise" up next ident on Fox Kids Israel (2003?)

The sound effect at 0:06 is from the 2nd episode of "Saban's Adventures of Oliver Twist".

RegularCapital

Staff member

Fox Kids Play was first announced in April 2001, months before the Disney acquisition. Although, this refers to the interactive service and not the TV channel.

Two Two's

Fox Kids Play was first announced in April 2001, months before the Disney acquisition. Although, this refers to the interactive service and not the TV channel.

FOX Kids Play I feel like launched at a very good time for International FK, alot of the shows that made FK EU were started to air less and less. If they launched it as a channel very early on, it would of clashed with their progamming at that time.

Two Two's

FOX Kids UK schedule (August 23rd 2000)
Source: NTL Cable Guide Cable Guide (UK) August 2000 : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
6:00AM: Oggy and the Cockroaches
6:10AM: Bad Dog
6:30AM: Bobby's World
6:55AM: Jim Button
7:15AM: Walter Melon
7:40AM: Inspector Gadget
8:00AM: Oggy and the Cockroaches
8:10AM: Biker Mice from Mars (1994)
8:30AM: Dennis (doesn't specifiy if it's the US or UK version)
8:55AM: Sailor Moon (double bill)
9:40AM: Digimon: Digital Monsters
10:00AM: Power Rangers Lost Galaxy
10:20AM: Monster Rancher
10:45AM: Masked Rider
11:05AM: X-Men '92
11:30AM: The Secret Files of the Spydogs
11:50AM: Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
12:15PM: Walter Melon
12:35PM: Inspector Gadget
1:00PM: The Woody Woodpecker Show (1999)
1:10PM: Casper (1996)
1:30PM: Donkey Kong Country
1:55PM: Dennis (once again, doesn't specifiy)
2:20PM: Life with Louie
2:40PM: Princess Sissi
3:00PM: Princess Starla
3:20PM: Sailor Moon
3:45PM: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (double bill)
4:30PM: Digimon: Digital Monsters
4:50PM: Masked Rider
5:15PM: Monster Rancher
5:35PM: Biker Mice from Mars (1994)
6:00PM: The New Addams Family
6:25PM: Casper (1996)
6:35PM: Goosebumps
7:00PM: End of Broadcasting? (on NTL this is where it stops, maybe there's more that reaches to 10PM)

Francisque

Very limited advertising compared to other children's channels in the UK, although I think they went with 30 mins-based slots in 2003

I don't understand how they could have internal breaks with slots shorter than 30 minutes, since these have been banned from the EU

Maybe OFCOM wasn't forcing this rule

Two Two's

Very limited advertising compared to other children's channels in the UK, although I think they went with 30 mins-based slots in 2003

I don't understand how they could have internal breaks with slots shorter than 30 minutes, since these have been banned from the EU

Maybe OFCOM wasn't forcing this rule
Good call to be honest, the 10 minute slots were probably the most they could get out of advertisers since those shows were 6-7 minutes long.

JulianRO

Probably it was different from provider to provider. Here, until DTH television was commercially launched in 2005, you could see Fox Kids only on cable. One friend of mine remembers that back when he received the CEE feed in 1999, Fox Kids was available only in Russian.

Two Two's

Probably it was different from provider to provider. Here, until DTH television was commercially launched in 2005, you could see Fox Kids only on cable. One friend of mine remembers that back when he received the CEE feed in 1999, Fox Kids was available only in Russian.
Great point! The CEE feed was probably intended to be the Russian feed but as time went on, there was a new market for these shows and more audio tracks were added.

JulianRO

Great point! The CEE feed was probably intended to be the Russian feed but as time went on
Actually, their intent was to launch it directly for the CEE countries since the beginning.
Those photos make me think that in reality, the CEE feed was launched more earlier than April 1999, because, let's take it logically.

The first pic says:
Starting on March 8, Fox Kids, the first channel launched in premiere for the Romanian children, can be watched on satellite, and from April 1, 1999, on cable.
Also, that link in Russian that says the feed was launched in February 1999 makes me think that Russia got the feed in February, and then us, in March.

RegularCapital

Staff member
I am aware but prior to this they ended at 10PM, NTL only has this as 7PM end.
This is from Cable Guide which was mostly for analogue cable customers. This is the analogue Fox Kids feed that NTL (and ex-Cable and Wireless) redistributed from Astra 1 (19.2°E), which timeshared with National Geographic Channel, you can see that Fox Kids closes down at 7pm, and Nat Geo starts up at 7pm.

Fox Kids was eventually added to NTL's digital service in December 2000, this was the same Digital service as Sky on Astra 2 (28.2°E) with the (then) 10pm closedown.

The second largest cable operator - Telewest was late to the party, and Fox Kids was added in February 2002, with the exceptions of Birmingham Cable (was partly owned by Comcast, was sold off by NTL to Telewest when NTL purchased Comcast UK, with Comcast exiting the UK pay-TV market until they acquired Sky) and Eurobell (a Southwest England cable company that was later purchased by Telewest) which already had them on analogue only.

Fox Kids builds UK penetration

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts