Old International Fox Kids/Jetix Channels Memorial Thread

RegularCapital

Staff member
I find fascinating that FOX Kids was still used as a name internationally as a placeholder. Even on program blocks too!
Well, they did have a branding licence to use the Fox Kids within Europe without a fixed term, they had to change to Jetix when they started making shows that also air in the U.S.

Francisque

@RegularCapital
It's not dissimilar to many branding licence agreements found all over the globe, such as the C4 ones for the Bauer-branded music TV stations

Plus, a time lapse for a rebrand is needed, see Fox > Star in EMEA

It's no easy task to rebrand an established brand

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Were there any plans in 2001 to launch Fox Kids in these markets?

-India/Sri Lanka
-Pakistan
-South-East Asia
-Japan
-South-Korea
-Australia/New Zealand

JulianRO

Fox Kids CZ/HU schedule: (June 1, 2002)

06:00 The Get Along Gang
06:25 Saban's Adventures of the Little Mermaid
06:45 Princess Sissi
07:10 The Why Why Family
07:30 Fox Kids Choice - 5th Place
07:55 Fox Kids Choice - 4th Place
08:45 Fox Kids Choice - 3rd Place
09:30 Fox Kids Choice - 2nd Place
10:30 Fox Kids Choice - 1st Place
12:00 Inspector Gadget
12:25 The Secret Files of the Spy Dogs
12:45 X-Men
13:05 Iron Man
13:30 Spider-Man
13:50 Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
14:10 Monster Farm
14:30 Fox Kids Choice Vote Results - 5th Place
14:55 Fox Kids Choice Vote Results - 4th Place
15:40 Fox Kids Choice Vote Results - 3rd Place
16:20 Fox Kids Choice Vote Results - 2nd Place
17:30 Fox Kids Choice Vote Results - 1st Place
19:00 Closedown

It seems that Fox Kids Cup Finals didn't air on the CZ/HU feed on that day, unlike the CEE feed did.

source: Týdeník televize on tvp.netcollect.ru.

Last edited:

Two Two's

I've got an electric shaver!
Fox Kids CZ/HU schedule: (June 1, 2002)

06:00 The Get Along Gang
06:25 Saban's Adventures of the Little Mermaid
06:45 Princess Sissi
07:10 The Why Why Family
07:30 Fox Kids Choice - 5th Place
07:55 Fox Kids Choice - 4th Place
08:45 Fox Kids Choice - 3rd Place
09:30 Fox Kids Choice - 2nd Place
10:30 Fox Kids Choice - 1st Place
12:00 Inspector Gadget
12:25 The Secret Files of the Spy Dogs
12:45 X-Men
13:05 Iron Man
13:30 Spider-Man
13:50 Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
14:10 Monster Farm
14:30 Fox Kids Choice Vote Results - 5th Place
14:55 Fox Kids Choice Vote Results - 4th Place
15:40 Fox Kids Choice Vote Results - 3rd Place
16:20 Fox Kids Choice Vote Results - 2nd Place
17:30 Fox Kids Choice Vote Results - 1st Place
19:00 Closedown

It seems that Fox Kids Cup Finals didn't air on the CZ/HU feed on that day, unlike the CEE feed did.

source: Týdeník televize on tvp.netcollect.ru.
I'm assuming the Choice votes were TV shows chosen by the viewers.

Francisque

I'm assuming the Choice votes were TV shows chosen by the viewers.
Theorically yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if voting was rigged by the broadcasters (to show THEIR popular show) as some people have been able to prove by inspecting websites

Lol

Two Two's

Theorically yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if voting was rigged by the broadcasters (to show THEIR popular show) as some people have been able to prove by inspecting websites

Lol
If more EU feeds did it, it would lead to mayhem to be honest. Reminds me of how FOX Kids UK itself had a poll on the most favourite show and Power Rangers and Spiderman won by an absolute landslide. If they done a vote like this for the comedy shows it would probably be rigged to be the most popular one

RegularCapital

Staff member
Were there any plans in 2001 to launch Fox Kids in these markets?

-India/Sri Lanka
-Pakistan
-South-East Asia
-Japan
-South-Korea
-Australia/New Zealand

When the UK version of Fox Kids launched, India, Indonesia, Malaysia and Japan were considered at the time. Although, I think they would have rights issues for a quite a lot of Fox Kids shows in Southeast Asia and Japan much later on.

India eventually had a block in 2005 on Star One although, it was Jetix by then.

Australia had Fox Kids very early in 1995, probably because of News Corp was technically an Australian company back then, it was also the very last Fox Kids channel that had any connection to Fox itself, as it was owned by Foxtel (News Corp/Telstra) and wasn't part of the Disney acquisition. There was obviously Fox Kids in Finland, but that was just a block.

Fox Kids Australia also had a unique logo after 2003, no other versions used it.

Walker

Jetix Play advertisments with Russian audio (circa 2008-2009)
Nancy's speech in The Kids from Room 402 promo includes a Turkish audio track. They made a very funny mistake. I wonder a few things:

1- Was the Russian text at the end of the ad (13:58) valid in all countries or was it without text in other countries? If I remember correctly, I would occasionally see Russian text in that ad ident while watching Jetix Play in Turkey.

2- I think Jetix Play's headquarters was in London, don't you think it's weird that the channel open broadcast with Turkish text? They broadcast in a lot of countries and they open broadcast with Turkish text. It would make more sense if it was just the Jetix Play Logo.

Two Two's

Nancy's speech in The Kids from Room 402 promo includes a Turkish audio track. They made a very funny mistake. I wonder a few things:

1- Was the Russian text at the end of the ad (13:58) valid in all countries or was it without text in other countries? If I remember correctly, I would occasionally see Russian text in that ad ident while watching Jetix Play in Turkey.

2- I think Jetix Play's headquarters was in London, don't you think it's weird that the channel open broadcast with Turkish text? They broadcast in a lot of countries and they open broadcast with Turkish text. It would make more sense if it was just the Jetix Play Logo.
1- This was indeed on every single country that had Jetix Play! (shown in )
2- I think this was just a generic test card they had, It would of made sense for it to use Russian/Polish/Turkish/English/Arabic changing every 30 seconds but that didn't happen
3 (an extra)- At 47:14, logo plastering is found. Maybe Jetix Play had different masters?

harry580

wait, fox kids had their own kids choice award but in european countries, I wonder if latin america & australia has something similar to it

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts