"Paramount+ (Streaming Service)" News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

MegasMilo379

Finally.
I'm dislike the + part too, but using the Paramount brand in the name makes all the sense in the world. I'm totally looking forward to its launch.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
All Access (without the CBS qualifier) would have been better, and a brand-neutral name (not to mention it doesn't copy Disney+).

Light Lucario

Staff member
This is a pretty weird choice. I can understand wanting to change the name so that it's clearer what the service will be focused on, but copying the Disney+ name for themselves just comes off so desperate to me. There probably were better choices for their rebrand.

MegasMilo379

Finally.
Although the optics were terrible on ViacomCBS' part (I agree that they should've chosen another name), I should point out that Paramount+ actually existed for three years in Europe (specifically in the Nordics) before Disney+ and Apple TV+ launched (and over a year before both were announced).

PF9

I wanted All Access without the CBS qualifier in part because there is current only one major-company owned streamer that has a brand-neutral name: Hulu. This was mainly because Hulu was co-founded by NBC and Fox, and Disney and Time Warner later bought stakes.

All the other major media company streamers do not have brand-neutral names. Disney+ and ESPN+ are expected to have those names, because one focuses on family-friendly content and the other on sports.

However, HBOmax, Peacock, and CBS All Access could easily have new names that are brand-neutral (Peacock doesn't qualify because it is a reference to the NBC logo).

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
This whole + thing is getting out of hand. What's next, Warner+? ViacomCBS rebrands CBS All Access as Paramount+
They're not ripping off Disney+ with that name. I'd like to point that the plus symbol isn't mutually exclusive to Disney and streaming.
I wanted All Access without the CBS qualifier in part because there is current only one major-company owned streamer that has a brand-neutral name: Hulu.
But All Access sounds more like a music news site than a streaming service.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Is it derivative of Disney+? Sure. But I'd argue that this is a good name for a rebranding, as it should give audiences an idea of what this will offer, if Viacom does intend Paramount+ to combine most of their entertainment brands together. CBS, Nickelodeon, MTV, etc, all together.

It's just a shame that it looks like they've been giving HBO Max a not small amount of Comedy Central's programming. But the channel is having issues of its own already.

the greenman

Is it derivative of Disney+? Sure. But I'd argue that this is a good name for a rebranding, as it should give audiences an idea of what this will offer, if Viacom does intend Paramount+ to combine most of their entertainment brands together. CBS, Nickelodeon, MTV, etc, all together.

It's just a shame that it looks like they've been giving HBO Max a not small amount of Comedy Central's programming. But the channel is having issues of its own already.
Yeah, really weird. Interested to see what they do with Godfather documentary series. I think that'll be epic if done correctly.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RDG

PF9

If we're not gonna have net neutrality, we at least should have brand-neutrality in the names of the streaming services owned by the non-Disney major media conglomerates.

Cornucopia and Palladium would be great new names for HBOmax and Peacock (it doesn't matter which new name would be used by either, as long as they use them).

Furthermore, instead of using the Star name for their international streaming service for mature content, Disney should just brand it as an international version of Hulu. Because using Star is not brand-neutral.

Last edited:

the greenman

I'm just hoping they consolidate everything CBS/ Paramount/ Viacom on a grand scale. Similar to what Disney+ has now. That means we should have curated hubs for everything from Star Trek, Transformers, and Mission Impossible to all things Nickelodeon and their entire film and television library.

The one thing (once they get up and going) they need to concentrate on is how to present their IP's under CW.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

PF9

Here's an idea I had for a program on P+.

Royal Woods, a live-action adaptation of The Loud House in the same tone as Riverdale.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts