"Avengers: Doomsday" Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
6/24: The reports says both.

6/27: An insider lays out the roster but stresses to be "similar to how it somewhat banded together near the 2nd half of Avengers: Infinity War, but there wasn’t a true sense of union," TVA will play a central role, and "expect variants for these upcoming movies. Variants of who or what, I am unable to specifically disclose at this time, except, some are fan favorites and others are new faces." I think Captain Carter has been rumored already but now Kahhori is, too.
Be interesting to see how well Kahhori adapts to live-action :).

Frontier

Staff member

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy
Ok quick question: WTH!?!?!?
I'm so confused but so hyped at the same time freaking RDJ as freaking Doctor Doom!? LFG!
I am mildly concerned though because number one: they haven't really build up to doctor doom and 2: how does this make sense? None the less I am so hyped and if Marvel really wanted to capitalize on the hype of Deadpool & Wolverine this is how you do it

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy
Are we sure this isn't some April Fool's because it sure does feel like it...
NOPE THSI IS REAL LIKE WHAT!? Will say though is Blade still set for next year also no Doctor Strange 3 before? Okay Marvel I'll let you cook

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Ok quick question: WTH!?!?!?
I'm so confused but so hyped at the same time freaking RDJ as freaking Doctor Doom!? LFG!
I am mildly concerned though because number one: they haven't really build up to doctor doom and 2: how does this make sense? None the less I am so hyped and if Marvel really wanted to capitalize on the hype of Deadpool & Wolverine this is how you do it
Gotta be RDJ playing variant of either Tony that becomes Dr. Doom or of Doom. Begs the question of will be continue being Doom after Secret Wars or will a new actor be cast for the actual MCU one?

Frontier

Staff member
Gotta be RDJ playing variant of either Tony that becomes Dr. Doom or of Doom. Begs the question of will be continue being Doom after Secret Wars or will a new actor be cast for the actual MCU one?
I feel like everyone wants a bonafide real Doctor Doom on-film and not Tony playing some variant. I'm just not seeing the point :confused:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I feel like everyone wants a bonafide real Doctor Doom on-film and not Tony playing some variant. I'm just not seeing the point :confused:.
This is really Marvel Studios having a 'one-more time' with the actor who helped start the MCU without stepping on Tony's sacrifice. It's kind of a smart movie post-Kang.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
yeah but this could either be really great or horrible but I'll stay positive (now I'm confused about the slate)
True. RDJ. Russo Brothers. Maybe Markus and McFeely. Rumors of Evans and Johansson signed on. You can argue they are playing it too safe with the mainstays from the previous saga and taking a big enough risk. But having a stable, dependable field so to speak, they can worry less about squeaking through and concluding what has been a mixed basket post-Endgame saga. It doesn't look like they changed the dates for either Avengers so every thing is as is. I'm waiting on articles to see if that's cleared up. Blade coming out between F4 and Doomsday seems kinda iffy and could hurt the momentum of the Multiverse saga ending. Not to digress but they should probably push it to Phase 7 after Secret Wars.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So, lemme get this straight. VA's have gone on strike protesting AI replicating their voices, and SAG-AFTRA signs a partnership deal with Narrativ? Apparently this is the second time SAG-AFTRA has done something like this.
Toonsylvania is a hidden gem from the late 90s, A real shame that the show hasn't been recognized since the early 2000s.
25 years ago today! Fox Kids introduced the United States to Digimon , the anime. Happy American 25th anniversary to it!

Featured Posts