Rock, Paper, Scissors (Nickelodeon Show)

Tommypezmaster

So one episode of the series has a TMNT spoof (Wednesday Feb 14).

So if Viacom and Nickelodeon owns TMNT, why did they use a parody version? Not like they're getting sued by themselves.

aegisrawks

So one episode of the series has a TMNT spoof (Wednesday Feb 14).

So if Viacom and Nickelodeon owns TMNT, why did they use a parody version? Not like they're getting sued by themselves.
Because that is precisely what the joke is. Paper learns his whole adventure is a ripoff of the TMNT. That is the whole point.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Oh yeah, I haven't replied about this show, but I have watched it.
The First episode that aired after the Superbowl , actually was entertaining for them focusing on fart jokes, it was actually really well done. I've found myself enjoying this show more than I thought I would. It's a lot of fun with some well done jokes. It does self-awareness well without going so hard that it's winking and nudging at you. The characters are fun too.

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy
Overall the show while not my cup of tea I do appreciate the originality too bad Nick will probably cancel it after like 2 seasons (typical)

Ace

Ace
It's 7/10 material. There's still things I don't like about it. Like animation, character designs (especially the humans), clunky dialogue and pacing. but when it's unhinged that's when it's at it's best. It can be funny when it wants to.

I'd enjoy it while it lasts because you know Nickelodeon.

CartoonLover2604

Jerk, Dinger, Bling blong.
I caught a bit of Rock, Paper, Scissors yesterday after work and I actually kind of liked it. I like how unfocused and bizarre it was and the humor was pretty funny at times. The pacing felt a little too fast sometimes and the character designs were off putting to a certain point, but I liked what I saw. I'd give it a 6 or 7 out of 10.

kanc

According to this: there's new Rock Paper Scissors on week of Jul 15 at 5:30pm after new SpongeBob

Shouldn't this thread be in sticky?

Last edited:

SmileyToonatic

Discussions on this show have been a little thin, but from what I’ve seen of this show, I like it. I don’t like it as much as their previous show Middlemost Post, but this one is still very fun. I have seen a sporadic group of episodes but from what I’ve seen, it’s very spontaneous and spirited. I caught a new episode tonight after the KCAs called “National Paper Day” and it was the best episode I’ve seen so far! I noticed that the show is getting better, with smoother animation and richer backgrounds. The writing also felt stronger in this one! It was a really good episode! I love how Paper is the voice of reason but always manages to still get in crazy situations by either Rock or Scissors. The three main characters have a very fun dynamic! The art style is cool and cartoony with a nice blend of live action cutout magazine/collage backgrounds, and the jokes are pretty funny. And it looks like the show is only getting better! I really hope Nick keeps this one around. It’s very unique and I feel like it could blossom into something really special!

Tommypezmaster

The Holiday Photo episode straight up mentioned Rocko's Modern Life & Rocko's voice even showed up.

I find it hilarious that a Viacom own property straight up mentions Rocko but makes a fake parody version of TMNT.

aegisrawks

The Holiday Photo episode straight up mentioned Rocko's Modern Life & Rocko's voice even showed up.

I find it hilarious that a Viacom own property straight up mentions Rocko but makes a fake parody version of TMNT.
Again the entire joke of the episode was that the cheap tmnt copies were... GASP! CHEAP TMNT COPIES. That's the whole point.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So, lemme get this straight. VA's have gone on strike protesting AI replicating their voices, and SAG-AFTRA signs a partnership deal with Narrativ? Apparently this is the second time SAG-AFTRA has done something like this.
Toonsylvania is a hidden gem from the late 90s, A real shame that the show hasn't been recognized since the early 2000s.
25 years ago today! Fox Kids introduced the United States to Digimon , the anime. Happy American 25th anniversary to it!
I think The Cramp Twins, the TV series, is set in the Southeastern USA. Not just because of the swamp, they also drink root beer floats too (not at A&W but at Western-themed places).

The irony is that us Europeans don't like root beer and root beer floats

Featured Posts