"Scooby-Doo and the Mystery Pups" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
A new CGI Scooby-Doo animated series aimed at preschoolers will premiere in 2024 on Cartoonito.
Summer fun has just begun for Scooby and Shaggy as HBO Max and Cartoon Network announced today the first-ever Scooby-Doo preschool series, Scooby-Doo! And the Mystery Pups. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, the CGI-animated adventure comedy series finds the iconic best pals as camp counselors who lead a “paw”-some new crew on mystery-solving adventures at sleepaway camp. The series will join the Cartoonito preschool block in 2024.
As counselors in a lakeside sleepaway camp, Scooby and Shaggy don’t know much about canoes and archery, but they do know how to solve a mystery! In a summer filled with nature hikes, rafting trips and fireside ghost stories, the goofy, good-hearted and can-do duo will share their love for chasing clues with three young camper pups destined to become their own preschool version of Mystery Incorporated.
Featuring mysteries that will be more kooky than spooky, Scooby Doo! And the Mystery Pups teaches preschoolers about curiosity and the joy of discovery. The show will encourage the audience to solve clues alongside the collaborative trio of pups, exemplifying how much can be accomplished with friends by your side. These curiosity and teamwork skillsets align with Cartoonito’s Humancentric Learning Framework—a philosophy that helps children develop their unique potential—by inspiring preschoolers to greet every mystery they encounter with wonder, confidence, and cooperation.
Scooby-Doo veteran voices Frank Welker and Matthew Lillard will lead the cast, playing Scooby and Shaggy respectively. Mark Palmer (Hello Ninja, Treehouse Detectives) serves as co-executive producer and showrunner with Erik Knutsen as supervising producer. Sam Register also serves as executive producer.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
The premise reminds me of a more preschool oriented version of "Camp ComeOnIWannaScareYa" from What's New Scooby Doo, where Shaggy and Scooby were also camp counselors to a group of kids. This sounds pretty nice.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
It feels like they needed something to contrast with Mindy Kaling's show being so adult-oriented and not actually having Scooby in it by having a Preschool cartoon focused on just Scooby, Shaggy, and some pups :p.
The premise reminds me of a more preschool oriented version of "Camo ComeOnIWannaScareYa" from What's New Scooby Doo, where Shaggy and Scooby were also camp counselors to a group of kids. This sounds pretty nice.
That's exactly what I was thinking of :D.

Also reminds me of that group of puppies from What's New...

Last edited:

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Honestly, I'm not surprised they're gonna do it since I already saw this coming from a mile away.

But to be fair, at least the premise does make sense for Scooby Doo since kids loves mystery stuff, so I'm perfectly with that.

As long it's not interactive, then I have no problem with this existing.

Prgiordano

I believe that we are now at a point where WB can do more or less just about anything they want with Scooby-Doo and create new content not only for different demographics (like this for pre-schoolers, and Velma for adults), but also experiment with new takes or versions of these characters. If their good and people accept that, I think this'll continue with other franchises.

Frontier

Staff member
I believe that we are now at a point where WB can do more or less just about anything they want with Scooby-Doo and create new content not only for different demographics (like this for pre-schoolers, and Velma for adults), but also experiment with new takes or versions of these characters. If their good and people accept that, I think this'll continue with other franchises.
Well, this at least seems more tasteful than the first look at "Velma" :shrug:.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Well, this at least seems more tasteful than the first look at "Velma" :shrug:.
I know this may sound conspiracy theory of me, but I wouldn't be surprised if WB uses the Scooby Doo preschool show as some sort of a "jiggling keys" distraction to make people forget about the backlash of Velma because they know the first look of the latter is gonna piss people off.

TsWade2

First Mickey Mouse, then Bugs Bunny, then Tom and Jerry, and now Scooby Doo as a preschool show? Good lord! I hate to says this, but who’s next? Betty Boop?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Changed to the Hungarian-flagged avatar because of a national holiday.
Whenever I get my first LPS toys (hopefully soon), I am considering doing a little unboxing video in the style of LPStubers. It would be nothing professional, I just want to show off my stuff in a fun way.
I said it elsewhere but I will say it again.

Dont worry, Me TV Toons taking its time to air the Scrappy era is nothing too bad, this is what CN did back in the day, they felt the need that people "needed to get fully tired of the old episodes" before they brought in the new stuff with Scrappy. We will see it again.
Mejo wrote on Daffyrocks's profile.
Hey Mihai, just saw that your channel was terminated.

My condolences go to you. Really hope that your channel gets reinstated.
DFC-licious!

Featured Posts