"Scooby-Doo and the Mystery Pups" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Rae Huang was promoted to storyboard artist. She's relatively new, with her website showing that she worked on Muppet Babies, and IMDb said she worked on Jelly, Ben, and Pogo.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Kelsey Norden is a director for the series. She worked as a storyboard artist for Muppet Babies 2018 and the Naked Mole Rat special that came out 2 months ago. She was also a director on The Chicken Squad.

Screenshot_20220824-145654.png

Silverstar

Kooky Spooky
I feel bad for the people who spent years working on this show whose work will now likely never be seen, but at the same time I don't feel too bad about losing this one. Not because it is/was a preschool show, if a popular IP can appeal to kiddos, that's fine; but the casting here left a bad taste in my mouth; namely, only using Scooby and Shaggy as counselors and once again shafting Fred, Daphne and Velma, then having three OCs who are essentially those same characters as puppies. What is this, the 80's, where we still putting 3/5 of Mystery, Inc. on the shelf? I thought by now we all realized that the Scooby Gang works best as a Five-Man Band. If the producers really wanted puppy characters for this show, why didn't they just use Scrappy-Doo? It's been long enough; I'm sure most of the vitriol for Scrappy has died down by now.

Here's how I would've cast this show: I'd have had all five members of Mystery, Inc. working as counselors, and for the campers I would've cast Scrappy and his two best friends from the episode "The Ransom of Scooby Chief", Duke and Annie. There's your Mystery Pups right there.

Markus Nelis

At least a new Scooby show is in the work. Not necessarily preschool but this one could be good anyway. Every Scooby show in the 2000s and 2010s have been good. Yes, even BCSD. While I get the FG style, it fit for what it was. Comedy and writing were just so funny for Be Cool. Didn't deserve the hate.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Changed to the Hungarian-flagged avatar because of a national holiday.
Whenever I get my first LPS toys (hopefully soon), I am considering doing a little unboxing video in the style of LPStubers. It would be nothing professional, I just want to show off my stuff in a fun way.
I said it elsewhere but I will say it again.

Dont worry, Me TV Toons taking its time to air the Scrappy era is nothing too bad, this is what CN did back in the day, they felt the need that people "needed to get fully tired of the old episodes" before they brought in the new stuff with Scrappy. We will see it again.
Mejo wrote on Daffyrocks's profile.
Hey Mihai, just saw that your channel was terminated.

My condolences go to you. Really hope that your channel gets reinstated.
DFC-licious!

Featured Posts