Short Lived Cartoons

King_of_doom

kiva fan
I remember that show and i think it as more episodes because i just saw them a year ago and they had a new animation, probably they had a second season.

Lynxara

I really liked Capitol Critters back in the day, but I don't think I ever saw more than five of the six ABC episodes, and I never could find encodes or bootlegs of the episodes elsewhere. Of course, I couldn't get CN when they ran the show. Bah.

Perry

Super... man
Oh! Don't forget most recently, Da Boom Crew.

dbc3.jpg

FlooterFlatter

One Sly Princess
Staff member
Wasn't "Stickn' Around" originally a series of 30-second skits that aired in many Canadian shows?

mammy2shoesfan

bigJnyc
k-unit101 said:
It was actually 1988-1991, and I consider it short-lived because it didn't have very many episodes.
Yeah it had a pretty good run of repeats. It seemed like that played that Captain Cool ep every Saturday.

Silverbolt

Shows that I remember

Silver Surfer, was pretty bad I don't think it lasted six episodes.

The Avengers that aired on Fox a few years back, I didn't think this was to bad a show, at least compared to some of the other stuff that Fox has aired over the years.

Escaflowne, only on Fox annoyed me for years that they just dropped it instead of completing it.

Undergrads, not a bad show deserved more then one season

And then there are all the shows that have a plot that definately has a end, but they never achieve it. I believe Wheeled Warriors falls into this group. If you're going to give the heros a goal at least let them either achieve it or gloriously fail.

hobbyfan

candy17 said:
And I liked it (sort of. It was too inside-jokey and a bit crude to ever be considered good, but it wasn't awful).

Some other short-lived cartoons:

Toonsylvania: This show lasted like a season and a half. The first season came on Saturdays and the second season was when it moved to weekdays.

Because Fox didn't know how to schedule the show, which I believe was produced by Dreamworks.

Where's Huddles: this was an old H&B cartoon that was a rip-off of The Flintstones. It was about these two football players with families and this effeminate neighbor who looks and sounds like Paul Lynde (by today's standards, the ambiguously gay neighbor would have been accepted, but in the late 1960's/early 1970's, this was considered risque). This show wasn't bad for a Flintstones rip-off, but it only lasted 10 episodes.

I remember this one. Too bad CN doesn't have the cajones to run this during football season. Paul Lynde did indeed voice Claude Pertwee, the neighbor. Huddles was part of the class of 1970 from H-B, along with Josie & the Pussycats & Harlem Globetrotters, but unlike the others was tried out in prime time, and I even remember seeing it air after NFL football.

Three South: This was the MTV show about the stupid college roommates and this one smart guy who gets accepted into a shoddy school. It had Jeffery Tambor from Arrested Development as the dean. This show only lasted 10 eps, I think and there are three that have never aired.
Because MTV didn't like the ratings, didn't promote the show overmuch, figuring fans of its lead-in, Celebrity Deathmatch, might stick around to try it. They did, they hated it, it seems, and thus it died a quick death here in the states. Another dud from WB. Hmmm, y'think this could end up on CN's Adult Swim, since it's a WB property?

hobbyfan

Silverbolt said:
Shows that I remember

Silver Surfer, was pretty bad I don't think it lasted six episodes.

The Avengers that aired on Fox a few years back, I didn't think this was to bad a show, at least compared to some of the other stuff that Fox has aired over the years.

Escaflowne, only on Fox annoyed me for years that they just dropped it instead of completing it.

Fox dropped the ball on all three.

1) Silver Surfer wasn't as bad as you'd think. Fox just threw it on with just enough pub to draw fans in.

2) Avengers was mishandled by Saban, as witnessed by the Beetleborg-esque headgear Ant-Man & Wasp were forced to wear. Fox delayed the show to late-October, which didn't help, and pulled the plug after just 3 weeks.

3) Escaflowne might've succeeded if Fox waited until 2002, when they went to Fox Box/4KidsTV. Instead, it was a little more mature than the target audience was ready for, it seems.

Undergrads, not a bad show deserved more then one season

And then there are all the shows that have a plot that definately has a end, but they never achieve it. I believe Wheeled Warriors falls into this group. If you're going to give the heros a goal at least let them either achieve it or gloriously fail.
Jayce & the Wheeled Warriors was part of the class of '85, produced by DIC. Ernie Anderson was the narrator. Cool theme song. Pity it lasted the one season and no further.

Human Remote

Teacher's Pet. This was a really funny cartoon and I miss it a lot, Also:

2 Stupid Dogs
Pelswick
Pepper Ann
Filmore!
Freakazoid
Detention
My Dad the Rock Star
and The Weird Al Show.

judyindisguise

Bubblegum Girl said:
I know that many cartoons that got cancelled/ended but what cartoons do you know that only lasted one season and was never aired again and probably forgotten later on by most viewers. I can remember these cartoons that were "short-lived" (And I betcha you probably wouldn't know what these shows are :sweat: ):

Detention - I thought this cartoon was intresting.

Generation O! - It was ok and I really did enjoy the songs.

Phantom Investigators - I could have sworn that whoever created this show did the Kablam! cartoon "Life With Loopy"

Evolution: Alienators - An average cartoon based on that cool movie Evolution
"Evolution" was cool? I beg to differ. IMO it's one of the worst movies of all time. David Duchovny left "The X-Files" for THAT? :eek:

John Pannozzi

Leggo my Eggo, mouth breather!
Michael24 said:
I seem to be the only person who remembers the new SPEED RACER series in 1995. I only remember seeing about 5-6 episodes, and still have one episode on tape, but I know it didn't last beyond one season. Not even IMDB or tvtome.com (before they went down the tubes) have a listing for it.
I know the show you're talking about, Michael24, I rented a tape with 2 episodes from that show circa 1998.

Chris Johnston

Virtually Yours
G.I. Joe Extreme= "new" Joe toon that was crappy to the extreme. (pun intended) lasted two 13 episode seasons.

Some Spider-Man spinoff that aired on FOX around 1999, that lasted a couple of eps or so.

IDistractedYou

Perky Prince of Painful Puns
Downtown and Earthworm Jim

I miss Downtown horribly and Earthworm Jim as well. Earthworm Jim may have run more than one season but I'm not sure. The short lived Spider-Man cartoon was Spider-Man Unlimited by the way.

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Silver Surfer lasted 13 episodes before Marvel ran out of money to produce second seasons for that, Spider-Man: Unlimited and The Avengers.

tucsoncoyote

Time to get my "Game face" on
Here's a few people Missed.

Okay Since we're on the thing about "Short Lived Cartoons I got a Couple

Mighty Orbots, Hate to say this but this first Wave of Robot Shows died after just one Season on ABC, and ABC was notorious for short lived shows but so was every Channel during the 1980's. Hero High was another one that was a combination Live Aciton / Animated series..on NBC, during the late 1970's and early 1980's

and then there was Gary Gygax's great Short Lived Epic, Dungeons and Dragons. (The show died when they started to put the love angle in..

Snookums and Meat were onely 13 episodes and of course then there is Filmore! (Great Kids as Cops show on Disney that got upstaged by Recess).

Goldie Gold and Action Jack. a Lame 13 episode Rich Rich Ripoff with a Female Little Rich Girl (who was voluptuous and 18.) go figure

And don't forget Thundarr the Barbarian.. need I say more?

And then there was Turbo Teen. (Knight Rider meets Ranma1/2 is more like it.)

Then there is Silverhawks (Rankin Bass's Sequel to the more appealing Thundercats that wnet nowhere fast and the E/I Segments at the end with Copper kid.. lame!

that's all for now.

:coyote:

Zyzzybalubah

The Best of Friends
I'm going to go on a limb: didn't Robot Jones only last at most 13 episodes? I remember it started off with 6 episodes, got a couple new episodes (and the old episodes were re-dubbed with that dumb regular kid's voice rather than his robot voice) and was kicked off the network for the rest of it's life?

Here are a few pilots that I remember that came to TV but never even got a series:

* Battle Toads: Yes based off the video game by RARE. It was weird, three teenage boys got some powers or a potion from T-Bird to turn into the three Battle Toads: Zitz, Pimple, and Rash. It was corny in the fashion most video game cartoons from the 80s-early 90s were.

* Bubsy the Bobcat: Also based off the game trilogy. All I remember on this one was that Bubsy fought those weird looking bad guys he fought and his niece and nephew were in it. There were also small black and white live action clips in the show. This one is really obscure...

* Defenders of Dynatron City: I remember this was a pilot first, but there was an NES game based off of it. It was a comic, just not sure how popular it is/was (http://www.centaursite.com/comics/dynatron/) I just remember it aired on one Fox Saturday morning then it didn't get a series or anything (not that I can recall.)

If anyone else remembers these, please reply and share some incite.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts