"Spidey and His Amazing Friends" Season Two Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss the season!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
A new season of Spidey and His Amazing Friends premieres today!

spidey.png

Spidey and His Amazing Friends - Season 2
Synopsis:

Marvel's Spidey and His Amazing Friends tells the story of Peter Parker, Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy, who together form Team Spidey and embark on heroic adventures to protect their community. Geared towards preschoolers and their families, the series models the importance of teamwork and helping others and highlights themes of friendship, cooperation and problem-solving.
"Full House' star John Stamos will portray Tony Stark/Iron Man on season 2 of the Disney Junior animated series. The show mostly revolves around Peter Parker (Benjamin Valic), Miles Morales (Jakari Fraser), and Gwen Stacy (Lily Sanfelippo), but come season 2 they'll need help from Avengers like Stark as they face new enemies like Electro (Stephanie Lemelin). Other new faces in season 2 include Ant-Man (Sean Giambrone), Wasp (Maya Tuttle), Reptil (Hoku Ramirez), Black Cat (Jaiden Klein), and Sandman (Tom Wilson).
Season 2 will feature a storyline in which Electro tries to drain all the power from the city, and the Spidey Team must band together with their amazing friends to try to restore electricity using a new glowing web formula. This plot will even include a new song, "Glow Webs Glow," composed by Fall Out Boy frontman Patrick Stump, who serves as the series' composer. Stump will also guest star as a concert announcer in an episode debuting later in the season. Joining him and the other previously announced guest voice cast for season two is Bindi Irwin (“Crikey! It’s the Irwins”) as oceanographer Isla Coralton and Scott Porter (“Friday Night Lights”) as Gwen’s dad, George Stacy.
Season two of "Marvel's Spidey and his Amazing Friends" is executive produced by Harrison Wilcox ("Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest") and directed by Chris Moreno (Disney Junior's "Muppet Babies"), who also serves as co-executive producer along with Chris Gilligan (Disney Junior's "T.O.T.S.") and Bart Jennett ("Gigantosaurus"). Becca Topol ("Mira, Royal Detective") is story editor/co-producer, and Steve Grover ("Hello Ninja") is supervising producer. The series is produced by Disney Junior and Marvel Studios in association with Atomic Cartoons.

Spidey and His Amazing Friends "Electro’s Gotta Glow / Black Cat Chaos"
Episode Debut
- August 19, 2022 at 8:30am on Disney Channel

Team Spidey must use their new glow tech to stop Electro from draining all the power in the city. / Spidey and Iron Man work together to stop Black Cat from making a mess of things when she steals Iron Man’s Armor.

Comments?

We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Related Links
:
"Spidey and His Amazing Friends" Season One Talkback (Spoilers)
"Meet Spidey and His Amazing Friends" Animated Shorts Talkback (Spoilers)
"Spidey and His Amazing Friends" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)
"Marvel Super Hero Adventures" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
1. Stephanie Lemelin definitely stands out as Electro, really going all ham in.

2. Black Cat has the behavior of a mischievous child, where there's more of an innocence, but she's still an antagonist.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Woot! New intro with the new heroes and villains :D.
1. Stephanie Lemelin definitely stands out as Electro, really going all ham in.
I like her energy and costume :).
2. Black Cat has the behavior of a mischievous child, where there's more of an innocence, but she's still an antagonist.
I guess that explains why they treat her more or less with kid gloves compared to the other villains, which I guess is their interpretation of how she's straddled both sides of the law in the comics.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Spidey And His Amazing Friends "Electro's Gotta Glow / Black Cat Chaos"

Electra's Gotta Glow:

Oooh, new main title!

Cute! ****.

Black Cat Chaos:

Stamos as Iron Man? Perfect. If you ask me, he'd be a pretty great LIVE-ACTION Tony Stark too.

Black Cat is too cute. The feminine body movements she does in the Iron Man suit made me laugh.

Unusually strong cartoon by this show's standards. *****.

Episode Overall: ****1/2.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Check out new Spidey and His Amazing Friends today at 8:30am on the Disney Channel! Check local listings for reruns.
spidey.png

Spidey and His Amazing Friends “Lights Out / Sandman Won’t Share!"
Episode Debut - August 26, 2022 at 8:30am on Disney Channel

Team Spidey must stop Electro and Green Goblin’s attempt to keep the citizens of New York City awake all night with a super-charged lighthouse. / Team Spidey’s beach day gets interrupted by Sandman’s need to prove he’s the best at building sandcastles.

Comments?

We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Spidey And His Amazing Friends "Lights Out / Sandman Won't Share"

Lights Out:

A little boring. **1/2.

Sandman Won't Share:

I don't much like this version of Sandman. Plus, his sand castle WAS the best so if I were a beachgoer I'd just want to stick around to watch him add stuff to it. **.

Episode Overall: **1/2.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Check out new Spidey and His Amazing Friends today at 8:30am on the Disney Channel! Check local listings for reruns.
spidey.png

Spidey and His Amazing Friends “Bootsie’s Day Out / Trouble at Tony’s"
Episode Debut - September 2, 2022 at 8:30am on Disney Channel

Team Spidey searches for Bootsie after she gets captured by Black Cat. / The Spidey Team must protect Iron Man’s headquarters from Electro.

*John Stamos (“Big Shot”) recurs as Iron Man.

Comments?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Spidey And His Amazing Friends "Bootsie's Day Out / Trouble At Tony's"

Bootsie's Day Out:

Bootsie is still cute but I'm already tired of Black Cat learning the same damn lesson every episode. **1/2.

Trouble at Tony's:

I still maintain Stamos would be an excellent live-action Tony Stark. ***.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
spidey.png

Spidey and His Amazing Friends “Sonic Boom Boom / Mini Golf Goof"
Episode Debut - September 16, 2022 at 8:30am on Disney Channel

Team Spidey heads underwater to stop Doc Ock from disrupting sea life. / Ghost-Spider teams up with Ant-Man and Wasp to stop Green Goblin from ruining the mini golf course.

*Bindi Irwin (“Crikey! It’s the Irwins”) guest stars as oceanographer Isla Coralton. Sean Giambrone (“The Goldbergs”) recurs as Ant-Man.

Comments?

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
1. To show my ignorance:eek:, I associate Crikey with only:
- Monterey Jack (Rescue Ranger from the 90s)
- As of late the Lumity kiss from The Owl House.

2. And again, I'm sure Mrs. Stacy has not even the slightest inkling of who Ghost Spider or the other two really are. It would be 100% out of nowhere if she did.;)

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Spidey And His Amazing Friends "Sonic Boom Boom / Mini Golf Goof"

Sonic Boom Boom:

Sort of bored with this. **1/2.

Mini Golf Goof. Ditto. **1/2.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
spidey.png

Spidey and His Amazing Friends “Li’l Hulk / Surprise Party Surprise"
Episode Debut - September 30, 2022 at 8:30am on Disney Channel

Team Spidey has its hands full when Gobby’s device turns Hulk into a baby. / Spidey and Miles plan a birthday surprise for Ghost-Spider, but an endless stream of villains gets in the way.

Comments?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Spidey And His Amazing Friends "Lil' Hulk / Surprise Party Surprise"

Lil' Hulk:

Baby Hulk is so cute! His voice is adorable! ****.

Surprise Party Surprise:

I saw this one on my birthday.

I may not have mentioned yet that Electro has a neat design but she does.

I kind of feel that there was a noticeable lack of puns in the first battle between Black Panther and Black Cat. And that sort of thing is sort of begging for that.

Also cute. ****.

Episode Overall: ****.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
spidey.png

Spidey and His Amazing Friends “Can’t Stop Dancing / The Ant Thief"
Episode Debut - October 14, 2022 at 8:30am on Disney Channel

Team Spidey must save the Avengers from Gobby’s dancing ray. / Miles and Ghost-Spider go on a tiny adventure with Ant-Man and Wasp after the museum is robbed by ants.

*Sean Giambrone (The Goldbergs) and Maya Tuttle (Marvel Future Revolution video game) recur as Ant-Man and Wasp, respectively.

Comments?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Spidey And His Amazing Friends "Can't Stop Dancing! / The Ant Thief"

Can't Stop Dancing!

Reptil is actually cute, but the premise is stupid, even for this show. *.

The Ant Thief

Boring. And I'm sorry, those donuts at the beginning sounded gross. *1/2.

Episode Overall: *.

Ed Nygma

They need to just go full Muppet Babies and have the Spider-people in a nursery, with only Aunt May's legs shown. They know they want to.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
spidey.png

Spidey and His Amazing Friends “Sand Trapped / Too Much Fun"
Episode Debut - October 21, 2022 at 8:30am on Disney Channel

Team Spidey gets trapped in Sandman’s giant sand maze. / The Spidey Team swings into action to bring back the fun after Electro supercharges the amusement park.

* Tom Wilson (Back to the Future) recurs as Sandman. Stephanie Lemelin (Young Justice) recurs as Electro.

Comments?

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Disappointed in myself for not noticing Electro's VA earlier. Especially since it means a heroine taking up the family business of crime after all.

So that's an interesting artist license to take with Spidey. Dancing in public and getting approval (Mind you I actually enjoy the emo dance myself*).

But what was it that Flash Thompson said in Amazing Fantasy #15? "That bookworm wouldn't know a cha-cha from a waltz".XD

*You thought I was joking about that?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Spidey And His Amazing Friends "Sand Trapped / Too Much Fun"

Sand Trapped:

I'll tell you what I liked about the beginning sitcom scene. Peter doesn't dismiss Gwen and Miles' ideas about his game outright over some sort of possessiveness. It's cool he actually gives their constructive criticism a bit of weight. Sort of refreshing, actually.

Speaking of science. Nobody ever mentions the scientific way to exit a maze in cartoons: Pick one wall on the left or right at the beginning of the maze, and stick by it the entire way, dead -ends and all, and you will eventually end up out of the maze. Solving real life mazes is a lot more banal than genre would have you believe.

The smashers seem to be a rare instance of the kids having to navigate a potentially lethal threat.

Interesting. ***,

Too Much Fun:

Peter believes that scientifically the best way to have fun at the amusement park is overeat corn dogs and go on a ton of spinny rides. Quick question: Isn't Peter supposed to be smart? Because that idea means that notion is not readily apparently. He's sounds like a total dumbass, actually. *1/2.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts