"Suicide Squad Isekai" Season One Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • *1/2

• Total voters

Frontier

Staff member
But now they have a wild card when they get back to Earth, Waller thinks Clayface is dead/Clayface no longer has a bomb in him.
Unless Waller deliberately killed Clayface knowing it wouldn't kill him but to incentivize Flag to figure out a way to complete the mission because she knew he wouldn't abandon the rest of the Squad :ack:.
And I guess that's the mystery empress the advance team was talking to in the first episode in the reflection.
Yeah, the figure looks similar. I think the only question is if she's been controlling the queen since the war broke out or Fione was a child (since her harshness now seems to be because the demon doesn't care about her at all) :(.
Castle on fire? Hmm, another dragon perhaps controlled by Enchantress going off the opening title sequence.
I'm guessing we're getting Harley vs Enchantress in the capital that we saw in a previous promo video :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Unless Waller deliberately killed Clayface knowing it wouldn't kill him but to incentivize Flag to figure out a way to complete the mission because she knew he wouldn't abandon the rest of the Squad :ack:.
That tracks. Such a Waller move.

Yeah, the figure looks similar. I think the only question is if she's been controlling the queen since the war broke out or Fione was a child (since her harshness now seems to be because the demon doesn't care about her at all) :(.
True. Could be either way. She was possessed since then or she was just mean even when not possessed. Kinda like those comedians mind-controlled by Joker in Make 'Em Laugh. Robin's quip "How could you tell?" lol.

I'm guessing we're getting Harley vs Enchantress in the capital that we saw in a previous promo video :).
2 episodes left, I'm guessing next week is when they start using magic intentionally? Seems like a good time to...

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"“Suicide Squad Isekai” Episode 8 Recap"​

449eb-17225039071946-1920.webp

"Today we had another big episode of Suicide Squad Isekai with lots of twists. Let’s talk about this episode, and what worked and what didn’t work.

The episode begins at yet another council meeting, this time with the council debating what to do with the Suicide Squad. They point out that the Squad just defeated one of the Empire’s generals. This segues into the Suicide Squad’s trial scene where the prosecutor provokes the Squad with his accusations. According to him, the Squad are at fault because the Thinker came from the Suicide Squad’s world. Plus, the fault that the Suicide Squad dress in supervillain costumes makes them a threat to society. Also, the fact that King Shark is a shark person. With these weak arguments justifying the Suicide Squad’s execution, King Shark does lose his temper and give a better reason for their execution as he eats the prosecutor. It looks like a fight is about the break out when Rick Flag convinces the queen to spare the Suicide Squad. With the exception of King Shark, the Suicide Squad are to be exiled instead of executed.

Fione goes to apologize to Harley and the Squad, but Harley again reprimands her for being obedient to the extremally unpleasant queen. Harley again reiterates how weak and submissive she thinks Fione is."

Read the full episode recap here.

Frontier

Staff member
Well, the kingdom is going downhill. If it's not the queen being replaced by a demon, it's the minister having Thinker's thinking cap and brainwashing the knights to kill all the good knights :eek:.

Points to Fione for wasting no time trying to kill the monster that was posing as her mother. Especially learning it probably has been doing so since she was a child and kicked off this entire war just so it could kill off as many people as it possibly could. I'm not really sure exactly what the Undead King is, but it's definitely the worst :mad:.

Thanks to Cecil's rescue Fione is safe, but the adrenaline is gone and she can now only mourn her mother...but she doesn't have time for that, especially with enemies about to come in and kill them. So she has to embrace her inner Harley, grab a bat, and beat up some fools and take out all the frustration that's been building up in her body since she was a kid. It's very cathartic :proud:.

Undead zombies are rampaging through the town but the princess stands firm against the Undead King! Even if they don't really have a counter for her flooding the castle...also, watch out for surfing Killer Croc! Good thing Nana-chan got free and is ready to resume the rematch, all the while thinking Fione was Harley :).

Now the Suicide Squad is here! Complete with the realization of Harley being the best bad influence the princess could have asked for! Now it's up to Harley and Deadshot to take on the zombies while Clayface, Flag, and Peacemaker deal with saving Fione :cool:.

Kind of figures the Undead King would bring Enchantress back to reinforce herself against Harley and Deadshot. Good thing Arthur grows up fast and arrives just in time to save his mommy :anime:!

King Shark maybe can't stand up to Killer Croc and the Sea Leviathan together...but Peacemaker has the power of AMERICA :D!!!!

As satisfying as it is to see Peacemaker throw hands with zombies, Katana is here for a rematch against Clayface...and maybe something more :confused:?

Look at Cecil in his magic armor and shooting pistols like a crazy man! He's actually enjoying himself! And now he and Deadshot can team-up to shoot some zombies! I'm so proud of him ;).

Is that June Moon? Enchantress' other half? The Undead King is holding her hostage to make Enchantress serve her? And Katana is trying to have Flag and Clayface save her :oops:?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm not really sure exactly what the Undead King is, but it's definitely the worst :mad:.
Noticed in the voice credits, she's called "Witch" instead of "Undead King." Weird.

So she has to embrace her inner Harley, grab a bat, and beat up some fools and take out all the frustration that's been building up in her body since she was a kid. It's very cathartic :proud:.
Cecil thinking to himself about how surprised she had so much pent up stress was amusing.

King Shark maybe can't stand up to Killer Croc and the Sea Leviathan together...but Peacemaker has the power of AMERICA :D!!!!
One of the best super random moments of the show, lol.

Is that June Moon? Enchantress' other half? The Undead King is holding her hostage to make Enchantress serve her? And Katana is trying to have Flag and Clayface save her :oops:?
Yup, looks to be June. It would explain why Enchantress is semi-solid, semi-transparent. Undead King somehow split them apart with a spell. Still don't get if she was the person Waller used to open the Gate but that can't be cause they're in Isekai now... so how would the Gate still be open... x_x

Frontier

Staff member
Noticed in the voice credits, she's called "Witch" instead of "Undead King." Weird.
I feel like there's a lot of lore for this character from a conceptual stage that they weren't able to implement in the actual show...
Cecil thinking to himself about how surprised she had so much pent up stress was amusing.
All dating back to that childhood flashback, no doubt :).
One of the best super random moments of the show, lol.
Also the most Peacemaker moment of the whole show
:p.
Yup, looks to be June. It would explain why Enchantress is semi-solid, semi-transparent. Undead King somehow split them apart with a spell. Still don't get if she was the person Waller used to open the Gate but that can't be cause they're in Isekai now... so how would the Gate still be open... x_x
I've actually seen the speculation that the body might've been the real queen :ack:.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I feel like there's a lot of lore for this character from a conceptual stage that they weren't able to implement in the actual show...
Probably. Or there's more next week.

Also the most Peacemaker moment of the whole episode :p.
Yeah, true. All that was missing was a random eagle in the shot.

I've actually seen the speculation that the body might've been the real queen :ack:.
Wow. That would be a dark twist. Well, she only said she 'disposed of her' - so there's some leeway as to what that means. Opening a portal and pushing here through and she happens to end up in the DC world. Hmm.

edit: in the Hulu page, the Undead King is referred to as "Lich" so I mistranslated that voice credit because of the phonetics. Lich makes more sense as those are basically an undead sorcerer.

Last edited:

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"“Suicide Squad Isekai” Episode 9 Recap"​

1723126674_suicide-squad-isekai-episode-10-release-peacemaker-clayface-deadshot-rick-flag.jpg

"Last week we were left with a major cliffhanger and this episode finally answers the question of what’s the deal with the queen. This week was the beginning of the show’s climactic battle scene. Let’s recap all the plot twists and look at what worked and didn’t work.

Our episode begins where the last one ended with Fione finding out the queen had a dark secret when she sees the reflection of a monster in the mirror. The “queen” reveals that in actuality, she was a demon in disguise who impersonated and killed the real queen. There is still the question of if the queen seen in flashbacks was the real queen or just an imposter. If the latter, maybe the real queen isn’t as much of a jerk as the imposter. She reveals her true demonic form. The demon reveals her goals were to cause chaos and death by starting this war with the Empire. Meanwhile, Cecil meets a Kingdom official wearing the Thinker’s famous headcap and starts killing knights left and right. Cecil calls the guy a traitor, but he says he is doing such under the “queen’s” orders. This villain attempts to kill Fione when the plot takes a sudden twist."

Read the full episode recap here.

Frontier

Staff member
The Squad is all in action! Fione is evacuating the citizens, Peacemaker and King Shark are battling Killer Croc and the Sea Leviathan, Clayface and Flag are trying to rescue June Moon, Harley has Enchantress cornered, and Deadshot and Cecil are trying their best to survive :ack:.

I love how Clayface knows what a "macguffin" is and all his attempts at distractions or using his disguise skills inevitably just get him eaten or chewed out :p.

Why is Katana helping them? It must be because she's in love with Clayface! I mean, that's how Isekai works, right :rolleyes2:?

It's great that they freed June, and Enchantress is too young and sexy to help the Undead King, but Enchantress can feel what her host body feels so they get her into enough slapstick situations that Enchantress starts thinking they're actually trying to kill her. Hilarious :anime:!

Peacemaker will do whatever he needs to do for the sake of peace, even if it means threatening the Sea Leviathan to make Killer Croc stop...only Croc instead gives up on his "bro" and said bro eats him. RIP Killer Croc. But at least Peacemaker still needs Nana-chan to swim over places ;)!

Oh no, not Cecil! Though at least he was able to provide Deadshot a magic upgrade and a transformation sequence with his armor :).

The Squad is all back together! And Enchantress has joined the team as the resident tsundere, as Clayface so self-aware points out :proud:.

Time for magic armor upgrades and transformation sequences for all the Squad (except Flag), at the expense of Cecil lounging in his undies. Harley gets naked, shows off her hair loose, and gets her hyena's dressed as Pudding-chan. Nana-chan gets the full power of the sea. Peacemaker gets to show off his abs and butt cheeks as well as a gunblade. Clayface somehow gets even more dapper and has even stronger clay powers, including clay women who are the only type of woman that would pay attention to him. And now they get to use the FULL POWER OF ISEKAI against the Undead King :cool:.

I'm glad Harley went out of her way to save Flag as well as Art-chan, and she finally gets to see the REAL Fione and compliment her amazing makeup. All the better so they can finally pull the switcheroo move and pull the sword out from Nana-chan's stomach and behead the Undead Queen, capped off perfectly with "princess" Harley using her bat to slug that head straight into the sky :D!

The kingdom is rebuilding, Fio-chan is now queen (and has a bit of a girl crush on Harley), and the Squad is getting hailed as the heroes they deserve...though the real last laugh is from "Katana" who wasn't Katana at all but THE JOKER who had replaced the Emperor and been stringing everyone along the whole time with shape-shifting. And now the only thing left is to deal with him with the Squad having quite possibly the only person who can help them against him...Harley, who still wants to see her beloved Pudding-chan :eek:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
lol they were using those cartoony sound effects when Rick and Clayface were dragging June's body around.

Dug the Sailor Moon transformation sequence and it was pretty much a Isekai battle. Nice of Harley to put it all together - Fione put on make up and kinda looked like her, Cecil had given her his bracelet thing - the thing that can summon the sword, she knew King Shark ate the holy sword, Fione describes the sword, light bulb.

Wasn't really feeling the twist. Explains "Katana" acting oddly at times, sure, but eh. But still hope season 2 is already greenlit.

Frontier

Staff member
lol they were using those cartoony sound effects when Rick and Clayface were dragging June's body around.
Acknowledging the franchise' Western roots with as much slapstick as possible :p.
Wasn't really feeling the twist. Explains "Katana" acting oddly at times, sure, but eh. But still hope season 2 is already greenlit.
Feels like they put in so many sequel hooks for there not to be at least a tentative plan for a follow up...I mean, if Batman Ninja can get a sequel, why not this show ;)?

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
That was a wild and crazy finale. Lots of silly gags and them getting Saint Seiya armor was cool. This was a way better finale than Ninja Kamui's. This might be the best anime Demarco produced. Maybe up there with the 2000s Witchblade anime as best American comic based anime. Still not quite great. I feel like it deserved that precious 7.0 Myanimelist score Demarco produced anime struggle to obtain.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Feels like they put in so many sequel hooks for there not to be at least a tentative plan for a follow up...I mean, if Batman Ninja can get a sequel, why not this show ;)?
Sure, yeah. The last minute twists threw me. Maybe when I watch the English dub, my opinion will change.

Ah, they didn't say who the body was they used to open the Gate with. That's another thing they'll hopefully answer in a probable season 2.

Otaku-sempai

Acknowledging the franchise' Western roots with as much slapstick as possible :p.

Maybe not so much a sequel as a second season?

Frontier

Staff member
Sure, yeah. The last minute twists threw me. Maybe when I watch the English dub, my opinion will change.

Ah, they didn't say who the body was they used to open the Gate with. That's another thing they'll hopefully answer in a probable season 2.
Also we have no idea how Joker got into the Isekai world. I got the vibe he was there and replaced the Emperor before the advanced team was first sent in.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Also we have no idea how Joker got into the Isekai world. I got the vibe he was there and replaced the Emperor before the advanced team was first sent in.
That, too. I'm thinking in the what was it 6 month gap between Harley being caught and being recruited to a team, Joker discovered Waller's plans while searching for Harley, decided to co-opt for their own desires, then broke into the facility and went through the Gate alone. Waller continued with her plan to send an advance team but gave Rick a secret second mission to capture or kill Joker but then Joker had already usurped the Emperor, figured out how to use his twin blade and magic, tricked the advance team into going awol by catering to their own wishes/ego, convincing Lich to play along and continue with her already ongoing plan to regain power from the decades long war - all presuming this would force Waller to send a second team that would include Harley to set up a bridgehead and give both he and Harley that new world and a conflict they fantasized about in the start of the series. Quite the mastermind.

Otaku-sempai

Or was the Joker on that first team and that information is being kept away from Harley and the others?

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts