"Suicide Squad Isekai" Season One Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • *1/2

• Total voters

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Okay, that's not a good sign for my guesswork. That does assume that we saw everything relevant, but I wouldn't want to grasp at straws. Joker somehow gaining access to the portal on his own is at least plausible.
Waller giving Rick a second objective seems more reactionary to Joker breaking into the facility and going through the gate by himself before Rick's advance team seemed more likely to A.R.G.U.S. capturing him and forcing him into a team. This Joker is basically the OP villain of the show.

Frontier

Staff member
Waller giving Rick a second objective seems more reactionary to Joker breaking into the facility and going through the gate by himself before Rick's advance team seemed more likely to A.R.G.U.S. capturing him and forcing him into a team. This Joker is basically the OP villain of the show.
And if he posing as the Emperor long enough he quite possibly helped kickstart the entire war :ack:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
And if he posing as the Emperor long enough he quite possibly helped kickstart the entire war :ack:.
Wasn't the war going on since Fione was a little girl? I think Joker just agreed to help move it along to its finale as part of the semi-alliance with Lich so she wouldn't out him... or whatever.

Frontier

Staff member
Wasn't the war going on since Fione was a little girl? I think Joker just agreed to help move it along to its finale as part of the semi-alliance with Lich so she wouldn't out him... or whatever.
So if I'm following the timeline correctly:

1 - Undead King Replaces the Queen and kicks off a war with the Empire to feed itself with human lives (or the war had already started and it just used the Queen's identity to keep it going).

2 - Amanda Waller uses some body to create a gateway to the other world for the express purpose of gaining resources from it.

3 - Katana captures Harley. And has never once set foot in the other world.

4 - Joker somehow ends up in that Isekai world and kills/replaces the Emperor.

5 - The advanced Squad is sent in and makes contact with the Empire, where the "Emperor" manages to talk/convince them to jump ship, abandon their mission, and follow him. He also makes a deal with the Undead King to keep the war going.

6 - The second Squad gets sent in to fulfill the original objective and also clean up the turncoat Squad.

7 - Joker realizes Harley is in the other world and begins altering his plan and subtly sabotaging the Undead Kings' plan by supporting Harley and Task Force X as Katana.

8 - Joker is left in charge of the Empire.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"“Suicide Squad Isekai” Episode 10 Finale Recap"​

Suicide-Squad-ISEKAI-Episode-10-But-Why-Tho-2.jpg

"The finale of Suicide Squad Isekai was definitely a bombastic fireworks show and suitably over the top. Let’s go over the final big battle and what worked and didn’t work in this episode as well as a summation of the series as a whole.

The episode begins with Clayface turning into a griffin and fighting a skeleton griffin. Clayface turns out pretty inept in a slapstick induced battle. From here, we see the tone of the finale is going to be not at all dramatic and be the most comedic episode of all as there is another gag, and fifty more to come after that. Deadshot and Peacemaker attempt to carry around Enchantress’ mysterious doppelganger, but they drop her and wacky cartoon sound effects play. Eventually, Hurting the doppelganger also hurts Enchantress. Deadshot and Peacemaker are able to take Enchantress’ doppelganger to her body and something quite interesting happens. The two bodies fuse and we find out the Enchantress the Squad was fighting turned out to be possessed. With this fusion, Enchantress is now in charge of her own body. She says that she does not care about Harley’s Squad, but she does want revenge on the demon queen for possessing her. She attacks the demon queen. Clayface inquires if Enchantress is actually a tsundere, continuing Clayface’s tendency to name drop anime tropes throughout the series."

Read the full article here.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
If Suicide Squad Isekai should not get a second season, how would we all feel about a film sequel?
I'm down for either as long as production gets more than enough time to work it which I think season one got in spades and the results speak for themselves in terms of the animation quality.

Obviously there's still the Joker. But would like to see them start exploring the Empire. Season one was basically 95% Kingdom. Waller would probably the squad to scout around for viable resources next while the war continues though. If done right, it would be neat to see another squad sent in with more DC name characters - i.e. squad of assassins sent to infiltrate the Empire and kill the emperor to end the war so Waller can speed up the time table of getting her resources. Rick is transferred to oversee that team or maybe the real Katana is on that team/leading it. Harley and co. think they can do better. Then that's how they eventually find out about Joker.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm down for either as long as production gets more than enough time to work it which I think season one got in spades and the results speak for themselves in terms of the animation quality.

Obviously there's still the Joker. But would like to see them start exploring the Empire. Season one was basically 95% Kingdom. Waller would probably the squad to scout around for viable resources next while the war continues though. If done right, it would be neat to see another squad sent in with more DC name characters - i.e. squad of assassins sent to infiltrate the Empire and kill the emperor to end the war so Waller can speed up the time table of getting her resources. Rick is transferred to oversee that team or maybe the real Katana is on that team/leading it. Harley and co. think they can do better. Then that's how they eventually find out about Joker.
We've got the potential for a Mêlée à Trois between the Squad, Waller, and Joker in the empire along with plenty of conflicting loyalties and dynamics.

Obviously we have the Squad being loyal to each other but do they care enough to defend the kingdom now out of consideration to Fione and Cecil?

Flag is loyal to the Squad to some extent and actually cares about him, but how far is he willing to go to defy Waller?

Harley cares about the Squad as much as she can care about anyone (and Art-chan probably more than even the team) that isn't Pudding-chan but she loves Joker more than anything so push come to shove who would she side with if the Squad goes after them?

What is Joker's endgame now that the plan with the Undead King fell through and it seems like the kingdom considers the war over? Continue to sow the seeds of chaos? Try to incite a conflict to further help Harley grow? Would he let Harley join him?

What is Waller's endgame with the kingdom? Is she satisfied with diplomatic relations and a normal exchange of resources or does she want something more?

I do feel like Waller sending in a new team lead by Katana would be a good way of introducing more DC characters to the setting. I mean, we went through like 90% of the cast that was in the movies but there's still Captain Boomerang, El Diablo, Polka Dot Man, and...Slipknot :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Harley cares about the Squad as much as she can care about anyone (and Art-chan probably more than even the team) that isn't Pudding-chan but she loves Joker more than anything so push come to shove who would she side with if the Squad goes after them?
8/26: That's definitely gonna come up.

What is Joker's endgame now that the plan with the Undead King fell through and it seems like the kingdom considers the war over? Continue to sow the seeds of chaos? Try to incite a conflict to further help Harley grow? Would he let Harley join him?
Gotta be some way to continue the war to keep himself and Harley "entertained" as they always wanted. Feels like we've barely scratched the surface of the Empire. We had a few second cameo of the very dead Emperor. Perhaps we'll see Joker posing as him and sending his generals to continue the war? Or who knows what else lies in the mythology of this Isekai. We've seen dragons. We've seen this Lich. We've heard of his legendary hero - the armor worn by Cecil. They could explore that avenue, too. Could be others who aren't fans of the Kingdom he could manipulate.

What is Waller's endgame with the kingdom? Is she satisfied with diplomatic relations and a normal exchange of resources or does she want something more?
Oh we know it be the latter. "Establish a bridgehead"... code for starting an interdimensional colony. Instead of the CIA, she sends in supervillains with bombs in their necks to disrupt.

I do feel like Waller sending in a new team lead by Katana would be a good way of introducing more DC characters to the setting. I mean, we went through like 90% of the cast that was in the movies but there's still Captain Boomerang, El Diablo, Polka Dot Man, and...Slipknot :p.
Totally.

8/20: Animation layout from episode 9.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts