Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "Secret Origins" Talkback (Spoilers)

Aztec

Leaping Lizard
One quick correction: The whole "Dr. X" the Utrom is from the Image comics and they are NOT a part of the Mirage continuity.

As for Shredder being an evil Utrom, I'm not thrilled. Whether they decide to call him Krang or not is irrelevant because that's who he is. Well, I guess he's both Shredder and Krang combined. But, I'm willing to ride it out because the writer's really haven't let me down yet.

Although, there still is room for some cool storytelling if they choose to do it correctly. Check out this scenario:

Perhaps Oroku Saki was an evil Japanese warlord who teamed up with the rouge Utrom in order to conquer Japan. Eventually, the guardians and the Utroms are able to hunt down and kill Saki. But unknown to them the evil Utrom used his advanced technology to build a device that transferred Saki's mind to his own. Thus they are now combined as one. The Utrom now has Saki's martial arts ability (which he can excercise through his exoskeleton) as well as his cunning/ruthlessness, and Japanese culture. The Utrom then builds an exact replica of Saki's body for his exosuit; so that the fear of Oroku Saki spreads and he appears immortal and undefeatable.

Now, there's one important thing to bring up. What about the Shredder clones in "RTNY"? Well, they could be the Utrom's/Shredder's attempts at cloning Oroku Saki (he kept some of his DNA) in order to bring back to life his old conquering buddy.

Now that scenario I'd like to see.

Dr Kain

There is one thing that someone mentioned about the Guardians would've known if Shredder was dead if he was an Utrom, well, what if they don't know he is their evil one? Maybe they only think he is working with him. Anyway, I wanted them to go the Immortal route for Shredder, not some dumb little pink alien thing.

ClockStomper

One who loves naked Kagome
Dr Kain said:
There is one thing that someone mentioned about the Guardians would've known if Shredder was dead if he was an Utrom, well, what if they don't know he is their evil one? Maybe they only think he is working with him. Anyway, I wanted them to go the Immortal route for Shredder, not some dumb little pink alien thing.
There's still holes in the "Shredder is a Utrom" theory, such as the clones and the Tokagawa thing...

FidoMcCokefiend

Dr Kain said:
the evil utrom was red, not pink

AdamYJ

The Saturday Morning Kid
Simple Simon said:
I think he meant the Shredder from the original cartoon, not the Shredder from the original comics.

Considering that there are still two more chapters in the "Secret Origins" arc, I'm sure the creative team still has some surprises up their sleeve. One possibility that dawned on me was that this Shredder is indeed some kind of warrior from feudal japan, who had a family. The rogue Utrom, after stealing the exosuit, comes upon Shredder's family and kills them. Shredder vows revenge, kills the Utrom, and uses the metal from the exosuit to create his armour and the sword of tengu. Through some secret arts that he discovers later, he becomes immortal, and hunts the Utroms through the centuries.
Sometimes I forget how much the old cartoon series has impacted the people around here. So you know, I've actually never read the original comics (except the first issue which is posted online somewhere). I'm not much for bloody, violent comics, so my knowledge of them mainly comes second-hand. My view of the Turtles comes from a combination of the old cartoon, the Archie comic and the first couple of movies. I admit that the movies hold more importance lately because I've seen them more often and more recently. It's that first movie that gave me the idea of how the Shredder should be. I'm not too jazzed about this immortal idea you guys have, either. I would have preferred he was just regular, mortal, nearly unbeatable Shredder. Guess it's too late for that, though.

I agree though, let's watch the rest of the story first.

SirLemming

a playa in a world of NPCs
Aztec said:
Perhaps Oroku Saki was an evil Japanese warlord who teamed up with the rouge Utrom in order to conquer Japan. Eventually, the guardians and the Utroms are able to hunt down and kill Saki. But unknown to them the evil Utrom used his advanced technology to build a device that transferred Saki's mind to his own. Thus they are now combined as one. The Utrom now has Saki's martial arts ability (which he can excercise through his exoskeleton) as well as his cunning/ruthlessness, and Japanese culture. The Utrom then builds an exact replica of Saki's body for his exosuit; so that the fear of Oroku Saki spreads and he appears immortal and undefeatable.

Now, there's one important thing to bring up. What about the Shredder clones in "RTNY"? Well, they could be the Utrom's/Shredder's attempts at cloning Oroku Saki (he kept some of his DNA) in order to bring back to life his old conquering buddy.

Now that scenario I'd like to see.
Perhaps Oroku Saki's body, or the 4th and best clone of it, was actually used in some way by the evil Utrom instead of just robotics. Maybe he figured out that the human brain and nervous system works better and more natrually than any robotic system would, and he somehow wired it up for use.

So basically, anything could happen.

StrangerAtaru

Hey, I want to be Ussop!
You know, considering how killing is still a bit taboo for "kids TV", it does make a bit of sense to me for the idea of making Shredder a rouge Utrom. Sure it was a bit shocking and the next few episodes could change a few things, but I'm up for a bit of change. (even if I can't help but snicker that Shredder is a "samurai Krang")

RAINMAN

Kikoutei Densetsu
I`m not big on immortal char but I rather shad head be one then a rouge talking brain. For all that just put krang in the series. And if he is a utlom, then why did he killed splinter`s human master? I don`t care what anyone said A TMNT series is not the same whitout the original beavis&butthead(Bebop&rockteady). If the JL show can put gigantor in their cannon series, then this TMNT shows can do the same.

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
RAINMAN said:
And if he is a utlom, then why did he killed splinter`s human master?
Shredder thought Yoshi was working for his enemies, then get annoyed by him and killed him.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Put me in with the camp that believes Shredder isn't a Utrom. It just seems too obvious and I think Part 1 was a huge misdirect. Granted, it wouldn't be the first time my faith in a TV show would be misplaced, but I'm still gonna take a wait-and-see approach. Besides, even if he were a Utrom it's still possible they could pull it off in a cool manner.

Anarky

Team Conan
here's a wild concept: let's wait til all 3 episodes have aired

all we know for now is they're "suggesting" the renegade Utrom and Shredder are the same.

We know there's a connection. Chances are most of you are chasing a red herring.

Duke

Anarky said:
here's a wild concept: let's wait til all 3 episodes have aired

all we know for now is they're "suggesting" the renegade Utrom and Shredder are the same.

We know there's a connection. Chances are most of you are chasing a red herring.
And Peter Laird and the staff are laughing at us right now.

RockItShipper

Master of Flying Guillotine
Evil Utrom lands in the US and secures a Gaijin/Westerner suit from some drunk. Utrom in drunk-wear gets hired to train an army in Japan, but ends up presuming to know the value of Japanese culture better than the Japanese themselves.

RAINMAN

Kikoutei Densetsu
I thougth animes were the ones that screws whit your mind, now it looks like toon are doing it too. TT not telling anyone who robin really is, Now TMNT whit shrehead.

Ian

¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!
RockItShipper said:
Evil Utrom lands in the US and secures a Gaijin/Westerner suit from some drunk. Utrom in drunk-wear gets hired to train an army in Japan, but ends up presuming to know the value of Japanese culture better than the Japanese themselves.
That's it! Utrom=Tom Cruise! Brilliant!!

Or wait! Maybe the Utrom died, and Oroku Saki is the REAL Tom Cruise.

Maybe Hun is Nicole in disguise!

Jundaunted

Duke said:
The little kid's mother bears an uncanny resemblence to Irma.
Uhhh, they don't bear a resemblance to each other at all. Are you suggesting that all women that wear glasses look the same? :rolleyes:

Duke

Jundaunted said:
Uhhh, they don't bear a resemblance to each other at all. Are you suggesting that all women that wear glasses look the same? :rolleyes:
They wear glasses, are both reporters, have the same hair color, very similar hair styles, and have a similar height.

ClockStomper

One who loves naked Kagome
RAINMAN said:
I thougth animes were the ones that screws whit your mind, now it looks like toon are doing it too. TT not telling anyone who robin really is, Now TMNT whit shrehead.
Do you type that way on purpose? I'm not being mean, I'm honestly asking. Because your handle is RAINMAN, I'm wondering if it might be intentional as a joke.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts