Teletoon Brings Cartoon Network and Adult Swim to Canada in 2012

Raregiraffe

do you know what this means, teletoon just got producing rights to some of cn's most successful shows, including a certain hitshow rumored to be rebooted by craig mccracken and butch hartman whose release is rumored to be one month after cn's 20th aniversery.

Are you talking about that Powerpuff Girls X rumor? Yeah that was proven false by Craig McCracken himself on his DeviantART account a few months ago i think.

Raregiraffe

do you have the link to where he says that

http://cmcc.deviantart.com/?offset=230#comments

It is the comment in the middle posted by crazyyandere , He says that he saw the Powerpuff Girls X rumor and Craig McCracken replies to his comment saying that it is false.

I personally thank god it is a false rumor actually, i mean the entire premise of Powerpuff Girls X just sounded awful and i'm a big Powerpuff Girls fan, if Powerpuff Girls ever came back to tv, they should either return the series WITH Craig McCracken and not Chris Savino or just keep doing random specials here and there from time to time or just simply syndication, but you can find Syndication on Boomerrang nowadays though.

wjbraden

So is this CN/AS block going timeshare with Teletoon Proper or is it going to be on that new Teletoon Kungpow channel? It would be pretty sad for Teletoon proper to only have 6AM-6PM to air their original programming and whatnot.

RySenkari

Let me join the chorus of those calling for a Teletoon USA. Regular everyday spots for 6teen and Stoked (maybe unedited too?), along with bringing back shows like Totally Spies and Amazing Spiez, and we'll also get Detentionnaire... yeah, I think I'd probably watch a Teletoon USA more than I'd watch CN these days.

TheCtes

RySenkari said:
Let me join the chorus of those calling for a Teletoon USA. Regular everyday spots for 6teen and Stoked (maybe unedited too?), along with bringing back shows like Totally Spies and Amazing Spiez, and we'll also get Detentionnaire... yeah, I think I'd probably watch a Teletoon USA more than I'd watch CN these days.

Indeed. Fresh TV shows are the best. It'd also make room for more CN shows or maybe more reruns of their action shows.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Well actually the more I think about it the more I feel like we don't need a whole other channel for Teletoon's Canadian offerings so if we got a Teletoon here (or maybe we should just keep shooting for CN Too without necessarily losing Boomerang) then I'd want it to be a mix of Teletoon's originals new and old, some CN backlog that doesn't really suit Boomerang and several choice hours dedicated to action animation. So it kind of makes more sense to just have Cartoon Network Too as the regular channel for 6teen, Total Drama, Stoked and Totally Spies (do they still have that?) along with Canadian series we haven't seen here yet as well as series from other parts of the world (no not just Japan but some of that would be nice too). There's at least got to be some European cartoons that could use a broadcast home in the US.

I might suggest a Teletoon block for Cartoon Network Too but maybe it's better not to do a block and just intermingle all the cartoons from various parts of the world rather than segregate them according to country of origin. Unless they were to do a block that was specifically intended to showcase a bit of animation from other countries but I don't think Canadian shows need to reside there if they're a larger part of the schedule than most other non-US productions. Oh yeah... and they'd have 24 hours a day to work with instead of losing 9 hours to the Adult Swim branding. Kaching!

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Well actually the more I think about it the more I feel like we don't need a whole other channel for Teletoon's Canadian offerings so if we got a Teletoon here (or maybe we should just keep shooting for CN Too without necessarily losing Boomerang) then I'd want it to be a mix of Teletoon's originals new and old, some CN backlog that doesn't really suit Boomerang and several choice hours dedicated to action animation. So it kind of makes more sense to just have Cartoon Network Too as the regular channel for 6teen, Total Drama, Stoked and Totally Spies (do they still have that?) along with Canadian series we haven't seen here yet as well as series from other parts of the world (no not just Japan but some of that would be nice too). There's at least got to be some European cartoons that could use a broadcast home in the US.

I might suggest a Teletoon block for Cartoon Network Too but maybe it's better not to do a block and just intermingle all the cartoons from various parts of the world rather than segregate them according to country of origin. Unless they were to do a block that was specifically intended to showcase a bit of animation from other countries but I don't think Canadian shows need to reside there if they're a larger part of the schedule than most other non-US productions. Oh yeah... and they'd have 24 hours a day to work with instead of losing 9 hours to the Adult Swim branding. Kaching!

I would willingly pay for that. And not just to make CN work much, much harder for my viewership of them, either.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts