The CW4Kids' Super-Charged January Lineup (4 New Shows!)

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Generally, I would put new 4Kids schedules in the general 4Kids discussion, but since there are two new shows premiering plus two shows new to The CW4Kids, and the schedule is so different from before, I figured it'd be best to create a brand new thread.

http://www.4kids.tv/buzz/view/1993

Kyle said:
4KidsTV shows that are currently on FOX are moving online to www.4KidsTV.com with the start of the New Year! All your favorite shows will be available to watch for FREE in high-quality, online video anytime you want at www.4KidsTV.com. Some shows currently on FOX will move to the SUPER-CHARGED Saturday morning broadcast on The CW4Kids!

Starting Saturday, January 3, 2009, the all new line-up for The CW4Kids will be:

7:00 AM WILL & DEWITT
7:30 AM THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN New Time!
8:00 AM SONIC X CW4Kids Premiere!
8:30 AM GOGORIKI
9:00 AM DINOSAUR KING New Time!
9:30 AM TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: BACK TO THE SEWER New Time!
10:00 AM CHAOTIC: M'ARRILLIAN INVASION CW4Kids Premiere!
10:30 AM HUNTIK World Premiere!
11:00 AM YU-GI-OH! 5D’S New Time!
11:30 AM KAMEN RIDER DRAGON KNIGHT World Premiere!

New shows Huntik and Kamen Rider Dragon Knight join The CW4Kids line-up with new favorites Gogoriki, TMNT: Back to the Sewer, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s and Chaotic M'arrillian Invasion. Don’t forget; there will also be traditional favorites to see, like The Spectacular Spider-Man, Sonic X and Will & Dewitt. But don't worry about Kirby, Winx Club!, Chaotic, Di-Gata Defenders, Viva Pinata and Biker Mice From Mars. They will be available online at www.4KidsTV.com. Plus, be sure to stay tuned for even more cool new episodes and special events in 2009! Happy Holidays from your friends at 4Kids!
In my personal opinion, this is the best Saturday morning lineup in years. It's a very diverse lineup with animation from the U.S., Russia, Canada, Japan and Italy and a wide genre of shows including super hero, action, comedy, video game and even live-action. Hope you all will tune in!

cw4kids3bg4.png

cw4kids2xd5.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Oh jeez are they giving Spider-Man the shaft. I guess it's had plenty of time in a good slot but even so 7:30? Harsh.

Sonic X joining no shock there it's been doing quite well on 4kidsTV lately. Hmm... probably should put 5D's last and let Kamen Rider have 11AM but whatever... Chaotic M was another very expected change.

Keeping Wil and Dewit over Winx though... I really don't get that decision.

mumbo

Look skyward
So they're hanging onto Spider-Man until the very end I see. 7:30's pretty bad but I guess it's better than nothing.

Otherwise that looks great. Though good God Will & Dewitt just won't die. Hopefully it goes in February when Spider-Man goes. The schedule will get shuffled a bit then once more since Rollbots and Rocket Monkeys(?) will be premiering.

hobbyfan

Spidey gets dissed, moving to 7:30. I'd have set up Spidey, Sonic, and the Turtles in the center of the block.

4Kwacks just doesn't get it, and probably never will. Kirby's been in and out of the Fox lineup since '02, so maybe he needs a rest, and folks can catch up via online screenings. I'd rather see Kirby move to either Jetix or CN.

PC!

lolwut?
-I think it was pretty much a given that Sonic X would join the lineup.
-Why is Will and Dewitt still around? Why why why? Gah.
-I'm also surprised Spider-Man is still around. I mean I love the show, don't get me wrong, but they're going to lose it anyway. Just get rid of it, already.
-They really timed the season finale of Chaotic perfectly. They can go right into M'arillian Invasion without missing a beat.
-Surprised Kamen Rider closes out the block. I figured they'd put it in one of the better time slots considering it's a new show, not to mention 5Ds continues to fare badly.

Lord Pumpkin

-Shouldn't Will and Dewit have new episodes by now?

-Spider-Man should have new eps after seeing reuns of the first season over and over.

-Sonic X need to stay cancelled.

-The new Masked Rider series could be interresting, they haven't done a live action show since Ultraman Tigra.

-I like to see Winx move to Nicktoons, so we can finally see the movie come to the states. Plus season four is being made.

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
Lord Pumpkin said:
-The new Masked Rider series could be interresting, they haven't done a live action show since Ultraman Tigra.

Just to clarify: Kamen Rider is not Masked Rider. Masked Rider was the first attempt to bring Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight to the US; it was given the Power Rangers treatment by Haim Saban. This series will be nothing like that.

Burgundy Ranger

Follower of Power Rangers, especially TV listings
Spider-Man won't have any more new episodes on CW4Kids. The second season is going to be somewhere else, we just don't know where.

Also, it's a guarantee that Kamen Rider will be NOTHING like Tiga. KRDK is much more dramatic (for lack of a better term) and has no interest in the campy comedy and bad over-dubbing of English dialogue over Japanese-speaking actors.

Just to clarify: Kamen Rider is not Masked Rider. Masked Rider was the first attempt to bring Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight to the US; it was given the Power Rangers treatment by Haim Saban. This series will be nothing like that.

Actually, MR was a Saban-izaton of Kamen Rider Black RX, the ninth incarnation of the KR franchise. KRDK is working from Kamen Rider Ryuki, which was on in 2002-03 and is the 12th in the franchise.

Also, it makes sense to back-load the block with the new stuff. a) More people will be awake. b) You're up against nothing but E/I and, in the case of many affiliates, infomercials (because they moved the Kewl/Qubo/ABC blocks to earlier in the morning).

Movie06

Okay, why is Spider-Man on the 7:30 time slot? It's a problem for me because sometimes on the weekends, I don't wake up at 7:30.

Oh, and I'ms till looking forward to Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight.

creativerealms

It's more of a shock that Spider-man still has a spot there at all since 4kids does not have the second season.

Sonic_Eclipse

Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
Spider-Man won't have any more new episodes on CW4Kids. The second season is going to be somewhere else, we just don't know where.
Spider-Man will be moving to Disney XD in '09. The show will probably premiere in February with Season 1, with Season 2 behind it in March.

I knew Sonic X was going to join the CW4Kids, but Spider-Man at 7:30 is pretty lame.

Viper

I'll Never Forget You Two!
Actually, Spectacular Spider-Man's new season is supposed to start on Disney XD in March, 2009. I can only wonder what will replace it when that happens.

Anyway, I'm actually excited about the new line-up.:)

I still enjoy TMNT: Back to the Sewer, I still enjoy Yugioh 5Ds, and I still haven't seen any eps of the fantastic Chaotic: M'arillian Invasion yet.:D Plus, I've only seen the first 2 eps of Sonic X so I'll have plenty of time to catch up.:)

As for the new shows:

Huntik--I so cannot wait to see this new show from the creator of one of my favorite European cartoons, Winx Club!:D I loved the animation and the action looks great! I really think I'm gonna like it!:D

Kamen Rider--not sure what to say about this one. I'll have to wait until it premieres to give an opinion.

It looks like a terrific line-up!:D

I hope we Americans get Winx Club: Season 4 in September, 2009.;) :anime:

J!!!

You're such a little kid~
W00T I loves me some Sonic X this is the best Sat-AM lineup since 2002 I hope 4Kids keeps being awesome.

creativerealms

Spider-Man will be moving to Disney XD in '09. The show will probably premiere in February with Season 1, with Season 2 behind it in March.

I knew Sonic X was going to join the CW4Kids, but Spider-Man at 7:30 is pretty lame.

Wow I was right? I had actually been guesing for a while that one of XD's surprise titles I heard rumored was going to be Spectacular Spiderman.

Not that it was hard I figured Spectacular would go to XD or Nicktoons.

Justy

Now you see me...now you don't
I'm not surprised too much with the schedule and thus am pretty disgusted that 4kids predictably kept shows that continue to get ratings despite being constantly reaired:

Will and Dewitt - This is the best show they could air to satisfy the E/I mandate? I don't think so, given that most shows can do the same.

Spectacular Spiderman, Sonic X, TMNT: BTTS - Total waste of slots given how many times Spiderman and Sonic have been rerun and how old and over the TMNT franchise is (to me, at least). But since they get ratings (mostly because of familiarity to the viewers) 4kids keeps them--figures.

Gogoriki, Dinosaur King, Chaotic: M'arrillian Invasion, Yu-gi-oh! 5D's - No problem with these as they all have new eps to air, although Gogoriki isn't for me.

Huntik will be the only can't miss show for me on the schedule, although I'll watch new Dinosaur King and Chaotic eps and will probably give Kamen Rider a shot.

As usual, one of the better imaginative programs gets the shaft--Di-gata Defenders. There's still another season (26 eps) that has not aired in the U.S. and even a number of first season eps were never aired, only put on the website. Now how about adding eps 14-26 to the site? That sure'd be nice...

CyberCubed

Spectacular Spiderman, Sonic X, TMNT: BTTS - Total waste of slots given how many times Spiderman and Sonic have been rerun and how old and over the TMNT franchise is (to me, at least). But since they get ratings (mostly because of familiarity to the viewers) 4kids keeps them--figures.

While TMNT might end this season, how is it a waste of a slot? Not all of this season has aired and plenty of people still like the show.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Anybody notice how each hour has a certain theme?

7:00 AM: Kids' WB leftovers
8:00 AM: Cute, talking animals
9:00 AM: Uh...don't have a good response for this, but TMNT and Dinosaur King always seem to air next to each other
10:00 AM: 4 teenagers explore a fantasy world with magic and monsters
11:00 AM: Motorcycle battles

CyberCubed

They need to get rid of Spiderman and Sonic X, both shows are dead and take up valuable space for new shows. Why would 4kids waste their time supporting these shows when they either no longer hold the rights or its over?

Light Lucario

Staff member
They need to get rid of Spiderman and Sonic X, both shows are dead and take up valuable space for new shows. Why would 4kids waste their time supporting these shows when they either no longer hold the rights or its over?

Maybe they have to air Spiderman until it leaves for Disney XD. Even though 4Kids doesn't put as much weight on a show's ratings as much as they do with the revenues they get from the toys and stuff, Sonic X is one of their most top-rated shows both on 4KidsTV and 4Kids.tv. Even when almost the whole 4KidsTV block was repeats, Sonic X almost always seemed to do surpringly well for reruns. If I recall correctly, it even beat Nick once or twice in ratings. We knew that 4Kids would bring a couple of their best shows from 4KidsTV to the CW4Kids and Sonic X feels like a natural choice to me. They could, in theory, get a different show with new episodes, but they obviously didn't want to do that in this case.

I'm actually surprised that people are complaining about Spider-Man's timeslot. Each episode of season one has be repeated at least three times already and people are still complaining about where it airs. They're only going to have Spider-Man for another month so they might as well use it.

D Dubbs said:
Anybody notice how each hour has a certain theme?

7:00 AM: Kids' WB leftovers
8:00 AM: Cute, talking animals
9:00 AM: Uh...don't have a good response for this, but TMNT and Dinosaur King always seem to air next to each other
10:00 AM: 4 teenagers explore a fantasy world with magic and monsters
11:00 AM: Motorcycle battles

I actually didn't notice that, but that's a pretty good observation. Maybe 4Kids was going for a common theme in each hour of the new lineup in order to gain more viewers. As for me, I'm pretty happy with the schedule. It does have a nice amount of variety and I either already like the shows they have, 5Ds, Dinosaur King and TMNT come to mind, or I hope to enjoy them, mainly Huntik and the new Chatoic season. The only thing I may not like is missing Dinosaur King since Pokemon is on the same time slot, but that won't be too bad if the episodes are only repeats.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Somebody please give me a show that I won't ever regret watching.
Samurai Champloo, $5 on Apple TV. I know the series is 20 years old which is, like, 100 years in anime world, but definitely worth the buy!
I now genuinely want to see Steve Blum voice Kermit in something official. He is spot on.

Sparklefan1234 wrote on Classic Speedy's profile.
I just saw this on Reddit and instantly thought of you. ;)

Least favourite cartoon?

For me it's Poochini, I dislike the torment that Poochini goes through most of the time.

Featured Posts