The CW4Kids' Super-Charged January Lineup (4 New Shows!)

Justy

Now you see me...now you don't
While TMNT might end this season, how is it a waste of a slot? Not all of this season has aired and plenty of people still like the show.
The only valid reason for keeping it for me is that some eps have yet to air. After they air, the turtles need to be retired. The main reason the show gets ratings (and not huge ones) is that kids are familiar with the characters (or show itself), same as Sonic X.

mumbo

Look skyward
They need to get rid of Spiderman and Sonic X, both shows are dead and take up valuable space for new shows. Why would 4kids waste their time supporting these shows when they either no longer hold the rights or its over?
Give it a month and they'll probably both be gone. Rollbots and Rocket Monkeys/HTDT have to go somewhere. Right now it's just for the ratings obviously since they've both been very solid, and I guess they make good hole-pluggers.

Makes no difference to me, I'm not awake until 8:30 on Saturdays anyway :shrug:

The thing that needs to die the most though is Will & Dewitt :evil:

ChibiGoku

Something Not Quite Right
Sonic X might stay for a bit longer. There is speculation we might be getting a new Sonic anime next year in Spring in Japan, which might be why 4Kids is also leaving the series on the air. That and it still does well in the ratings. Probably better than most of 4Kids properties...

We'll see though.

Burgundy Ranger

Follower of Power Rangers, especially TV listings
CW4Kids is the only SatMorn kids block that still can program with ratings in mind. So, if they think they can good ratings by stringing Spectacular out to the last possible date (even though it's a lame duck on the schedule), they will.

It'll also probably be the best way to promote the new shows that'll be joining the lineup in February.

CyberCubed

I guess because if Spiderman/Sonic aren't removed, how are they going to make room for their new shows?

All the other shows on the block have new seasons and will be there for awhile. Hopefully TMNT doesn't wind up on the chopping block, even though all signs are pointing toward it.

ABrown

TMNT: BTTS - Total waste of slot

I don't wanna say that it's a waste of a slot because I loved this show and had waited years for it. But I hate what they've let it become. It's not the same show that it was in 2003. The perfect place for it to end would've been at the end of the Ninja Tribunal season. But if it had to keep going, they should've ended it with Fast Forward. With them coming back from the future and the show still having the Fast Forward feel to it just doesn't seem right.

collector_cliff

Noob Saibot
Give it a month and they'll probably both be gone. Rollbots and Rocket Monkeys/HTDT have to go somewhere. Right now it's just for the ratings obviously since they've both been very solid, and I guess they make good hole-pluggers.

Makes no difference to me, I'm not awake until 8:30 on Saturdays anyway :shrug:

The thing that needs to die the most though is Will & Dewitt :evil:

I would be surprised if Rocket Monkeys and HTDT even make it on the air. I always figured they were just going to be filler for the 4kidsTV block. But now with that no longer an option it would be kinda stupid to replace some of their more high profile shows for one of these. I figure if they even bother to use them they would probably show up as online exclusives.

mumbo

Look skyward
I would be surprised if Rocket Monkeys and HTDT even make it on the air. I always figured they were just going to be filler for the 4kidsTV block. But now with that no longer an option it would be kinda stupid to replace some of their more high profile shows for one of these. I figure if they even bother to use them they would probably show up as online exclusives.
Well, I think HTDT is actually their most recent pick-up, and that one had been indicated as being on the CW4Kids - it was originally going to be on Cartoon Network. I'm not excited about it at all but it's a likely candidate to fill that 7:30 slot, which is a crappy slot anyway.

But yeah I've always been skeptical of Rocket Monkeys actually showing up too. The pilot didn't seem to go over that well, and you'd think that if they were going to show it they would have done so already. But they did go ahead and produce 26 episodes of it, so whether they're online or on the block we'll have to see.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
HTDT is not even expected until the fall, hence why no release date has ever been announced for it. RollBots will take one spot in February, probably Spidey's, since it won't debut until the last week of the month and Spidey debuts in March on Disney XD.

Robot Monkeys could very wel end up being an e/i series that could replace Will and Dewitt, or it could end up being a series of shorts. If it's the second, it won't need to take any shows spot.

Old Guy

Spider-Man will be moving to Disney XD in '09. The show will probably premiere in February with Season 1, with Season 2 behind it in March.

Actually, Spectacular Spider-Man's new season is supposed to start on Disney XD in March, 2009.

Why not Cartoon Network? :confused: Does WB have any involvement with the show or were they just distributors?

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Why not Cartoon Network? :confused: Does WB have any involvement with the show or were they just distributors?

Nope, Marvel and Sony are the ones behind the series. Sony is really the main company in charge of distribution though.

Storm Eagle

Power to the peaceful
Huntik is the only thing I'm really interested in. :shrug:

What, you're not interested in KRDR? You must be the only person in the universe.;)

Anyway, that, and TMNT are the only ones I'll be watching on CW4Kids. Too bad The Spectacular Spider-Man won't have new episodes there anymore.

Bunai

ShakeIT, BakeIT, BootyQuake IT
:sad: this isn't a merger, its a freakin take over!

there are some 4Kids shows i enjoy, but they are acting very parasitic with this CW thing. are we going to get original animation that is not imported? they still have Fox so i don't see why they rushed so fast to move everything to CW.

CN would work for TSS-M. CN and WB are within the same company, as far as i can tell.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
:sad: this isn't a merger, its a freakin take over!

there are some 4Kids shows i enjoy, but they are acting very parasitic with this CW thing. are we going to get original animation that is not imported? they still have Fox so i don't see why they rushed so fast to move everything to CW.

CN would work for TSS-M. CN and WB are within the same company, as far as i can tell.

4Kids can barely afford their two original shows, TMNT and Chaotic, as it is (which is one reason TMNT could get canceled). They simply don't have enough money to spend on making other non-aquisitions...though, now that they don't have to pay for the 4KidsTV block, we could get some original stuff next broadcast season.

Also, WB treats CN like a red-headed stepchild. Outside of DC stuff, WB has a hard time giving stuff to CN without having them pay a large amount of money. This is why Looney Tunes is no longer on TV.

And, as others have said, Spider-Man is a Sony production, not a WB production.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star

Actually, 4Kids TV on Fox is ending at the end of the December. Hence, the 'super-charged' lineup, taking the highest-rated shows from 4Kids TV and putting them on CW4Kids starting the first week in January.

As for non-imported original animation, both TMNT and Chaotic are original American shows. RollBots (premiering in February) is also American...er, Canadian. HTDT and Rocket Monkeys are also domestic shows, but they don't have a premiere date yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?
TVLand, CMT, MTV2 (as well as Nickelodeon channels) will be simulcasting Kids Choice Award 2024 according to zap2it!

Featured Posts