"The Fairly OddParents: A New Wish" News & Discussion Thread

Ace

Ace
It's not the kind of frustratingly bad where they screwed up the lore and basic elements of the show. It's a boring "empty feeling" kind of bad. There's episodes of it I thought were okay.. like the dinosaur one. At first it feels fine just a little bit awkward then it's problems become a lot more apparent about 10 or 12 episodes in.

The original was something that thrived on it's simplicity. In terms of design transfering that into 3D. You have things like characters interacting in vast empty rooms and hallways which kind of remind me of like luminal spaces. The sound design suffers too as characters would just talk loudly out of nowhere. The volume would just randomly increase a huge amount. Hazel's voice is fine but Cosmo and Wanda's voice aged pretty poorly.

but I think too is the overall lack of stakes involved in the show. I mean the reason Hazel has fairies is because she doesn't have any friends but in the first few episodes that's resolved rather quickly. She just immediately befriends the popular kid. Aside from learning more about her brother I don't see a reason to keep watching this.

Mandouga

So, I have one possible theory as to why it isn’t (really) on their website, or on Paramount+: they’re not sure how to list it. I personally don’t think they’re sure if they should list it as a separate series (i.e., with its own entry), or as part of the existing series (i.e., as a new “season”). After all, it has the same production values (despite the 3D animation), and the same writing. Actually, TBCH, some of the stories could easily be written with Timmy.

In any event, I repeat, this is just a theory. Your guess is as good as mine as to why it isn’t on the website (other than the “pilot”) or Paramount+.

VERY LATE EDIT: I don’t know why I said “TBCO”. It doesn't seem to stand for anything I can think of…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Eurbane

Stanky Danky: Hazel plans a day for cleaning pollution when she accidentally wishes of for a live talking dumpsters and we meet Dev’s dad who you might seen in the orginial series, I think the dimmadome’s must have moved to Dillphabia as well. It was a masterpiece.

Peace of Pizza: On kindness day, Dev doses’t wanna pizza because he’s toxic. Hazel calls for an attorney to get him to be kind. Soon all the pizza’s we’re gone, even italy.

A new Development: Hazel and Dev get together on a class project and they wish to be together for this.

Cookie’s Court: Cookie returns for revenge by suing Cosmo and Wanda in court. Funny part when the court goes to recess.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these proposals:

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.

Featured Posts