"The Flash" Feature Film Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reflection01

Superman is in the Supergirl universe. So that clearly counts. Bruce Wayne, Alfred, and Gordon are on TV as well. There's clearly only a limited embargo going on and that has forced more creativity and broader characters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
If we can have a TV and film Barry Allen Flash at the same time, then why can't we have a TV and Film Superman (legitimately, Supergirl doesn't count... yet), Batman, Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, etc at the same time?
The only reason I can think of is that Flash is exempt from the embargo's most of the other DCTVU shows (particularly Arrow) have to deal with by virtue of its successes and because it was in production before anyone had a clear idea what to do with The Flash movie. It also helps that we don't really know that much about what will, or won't, be in the movie.

Even when Harley made her Arrow cameo, the creators had to really work to fit it into the show, and she was completely off-limits for season 3 once the movie was announced. Next thing you know, the Suicide Squad get gutted and most of the characters also appearing in the movie end up hightailing it to somewhere else. Flash was just lucky that it took off when it did, from what I can tell.

Last edited:

the greenman

I have to agree, this is very risky. Have these producers not learned from what just happened this Summer with 'Fant4stic'? This smells bad to me, it feels like these Studios just want to hire a body and interfere (bully) as they see fit. They don't want to hire someone who will have a creative vision or cost them alot of money to hire either. Wan on Aquaman probably cost WB a whole lot of moola.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Huh. I dunno how to feel. I have faith that he's a good writer, but as a first time director, can he handle the visuals? Flash's super speed will be an important part, obviously.

the greenman

I learned from a vfx magazine, alot of these directors go to like a vfx "boot camp". So they get hands on experience for a month or two before preproduction. Though they of course work with a team. Oh yeah, and it would help if they have some talent too.

reflection01

Huh. I dunno how to feel. I have faith that he's a good writer, but as a first time director, can he handle the visuals? Flash's super speed will be an important part, obviously.

We've seen three recent prominent examples of super speed in film and TV. I have no doubt this film will do it well.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
We've seen three recent prominent examples of super speed in film and TV. I have no doubt this film will do it well.
Yeah, but were those three examples helmed by veteran directors? I'm pretty sure one of the ones you're referring to is MoS, and love or hate Snyder, he's proven that he has some wonderful visuals.

Frontier

Staff member
10/9/15: Huh, interesting...so long as the suit looks good and looks like The Flash, I'll probably be happy with it :).

1/20/16:
If there's one thing I'll give Ezra Miller, he seems enthusiastic about the role ;).

I'm not sure how to feel about the suit, judging by the concept art. I get what they're going for with the lightning chest emblem, but I don't see why they couldn't have just gone with the classic white emblem, especially when the show has finally incorporated it. And I can't even tell if the lightning ears are on the mask o_O.

And the fingerless gloves seem kind of random :p.

Also, while I'm not surprised they're going with the dead mom angle given Johns has a hand in the movies, I wonder how they're going to play it out compared to the show, given it was a whole big arc for the first season. It's not like there should be much mystery at this point as to who killed Barry's mom for quite a few people :sweat:.

Last edited by a moderator:

the greenman

Apparently, there was talk of "Crisis On Infinite Earths" involving the two Flashes on the CW special, but they cut it out before airing:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/kevin-smith-reveals-dc-multiverse-180137967.html

I really do think DC is planning that, and next to Avengers and Batman v Superman, this could be THE absolute biggest comicbook film event EVER. Can you imagine them killing off Supergirl in a film? Smith is right, Crisis and the multiverse is the single best known DC comicbook they ever did.

Frontier

Staff member
I think, obviously, the logistics of doing something like that would be difficulty (especially when the DCEU is only now starting to get going), but to see them pull it off would be pretty amazing :D.

reflection01

The easy thing to do would be to put out the Crisis film in late April or early May and end the seasons of The Flash, Arrow, and Supergirl with a Crisis arc that has a cliffhanger going into the next Crisis film in August. The next seasons of the shows would cover the aftermath.

The MCU provided a blueprint with Winter Soldier and AOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Apparently our first real look at The Flash costume:

flashcostume-2b975.jpg

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Rumor mill spinning on five characters: Iris West, Len Snart/Captain Cold, Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash, Fred Chyre and Jay Garrick
Iris: "Iris West is described in the breakdown as having Christiane Amanpour’s brains and Carrie Bradshaw’s style. An overcaffinated doe. A reporter at The Central City Citizen. Actresses are currently testing for this part."
Reverse-Flash: "Eobard Thawne is described in the breakdown as Central City’s Bill Gates. The smartest man in the room and he suffers from advanced degenerative disease like Stephen Hawking. Thawne is confined to a chair."
Fred Chyre: "Fred Chyre is described in the breakdown as a gruff detective who first meets Barry at the scene of a crime. Now they’re colleagues and the closest thing Barry has to a friend. Chryre is investigating the unusual death of someone at Thawne Laboratories."
Captain Cold: "Len Snart is described in the breakdown as being ex-military and turns out to be working for Thawne. Have a feeling he is the muscle the way Anatoli Knyazev (aka the KGBEAST) was the muscle for Lex Luthor in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice.'"
Jay Garrick: "Jay Garrick is described in the breakdown as being a former Central University professor who was fired for fringe science, and was working on the speed force program. Supposedly his role is just a cameo."
Hope that's not how they're really conceptualizing Snart...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts