The New Toonami Ratings Thread (now with more civility!)

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Big drop from 12 to 12:30 even with the same show. I suppose it shows the harsh drop off from Ninja Kamui to Zom 100 isn’t all Zom’s fault, since a lot of people are just falling asleep over the first hour of Toonami.

Also interesting Shippuden did slightly better than One Piece. I can see why One Piece didn’t make the cut for Rewind, when it can’t consistently outperform the show after it on Toonami.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
What happened to these Friday's ratings? Even REGULAR CN scored! No sight of Sailor Moon!

Sailor Moon is considered a rerun since the show aired once in America and there's nothing distinguishing it this time around, like DBZ and DBZ: Kai. Also, the rerun ratings for last week haven't been updated yet. Here's the ratings for this past Saturday:

6/1/24:

My Adventures with Superman: 172,000(0.09 P18-49)
Zom 100: Bucket List: 127,000(0.07 P18-49)
One Piece: 118,000(0.06 P18-49)
Naruto Shippuden: 118,000(0.06 P18-49)

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Consistent late block ratings with Naruto retaining the whole One Piece audience.

Here is a comment from Demarco’s BlueSky. The block’s ratings are viewed favorably by AS. It was the network who chose to expand Toonami on these grounds to Friday night as a nostalgia block.

Conttactt

Not true. OG Naruto was listed as a premier in 2012 and Kai had aired on cable on two separate networks before coming to Toonami. So Sailor Moon should be on that Friday premier chart. Gurren Lagann was also listed as a premier despite airing on Syfy.

Given the weekly frantic changes to Checkered Past, it would not be unbelievable to say Sailor Moon got a low 0.01 and kept it off the chart. Rewind may not be the fix to those hours. That’s not to say it’s Sailor Moon’s fault, it’s just the 5pm hour is tough.

Checkered Past has never once made the rerun charts, so I wouldn’t hold your breath on seeing anything there.

Here is a comment from Demarco’s BlueSky. The block’s ratings are viewed favorably by AS. It was the network who chose to expand Toonami on these grounds to Friday night as a nostalgia block.
Demarco’s words on block performance should always be taken with a big grain of salt. He is sitting here claiming Saturday is doing well, yet Saturday has been cut down to 4 premiers, one of which is one of their own shows. If Saturday was doing well, it would look like it.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Demarco’s words on block performance should always be taken with a big grain of salt. He is sitting here claiming Saturday is doing well, yet Saturday has been cut down to 4 premiers, one of which is one of their own shows. If Saturday was doing well, it would look like it.
I don’t love the current Saturday schedule either. I was disappointed when it was announced that only the first two hours would be premieres after Kamui finished. Still, it is somewhat to be expected.

You know how much they must have spent on Demon Slayer. It is like Attack on Titan where it is a big show that has to be aired two or three times to make back what they spent on it. The same is true with the originals like Ninja Kamui. They have to put so much money into developing the shows that they almost always end up running twice to recoup costs, plus the marathons.

Conttactt

You know how much they must have spent on Demon Slayer. It is like Attack on Titan where it is a big show that has to be aired two or three times to make back what they spent on it. The same is true with the originals like Ninja Kamui. They have to put so much money into developing the shows that they almost always end up running twice to recoup costs, plus the marathons.
And that’s a big issue I have with how they operate. This block did not need Demon Slayer if getting it meant sacrificing months of content later in the year. It didn’t even do that well, so that’s fat money out the door for little return. I didn’t sweat it earlier in the year cause we had Lycoris and Zom so it didn’t feel like Demon Slayer was a budget buster but now he were are. Again. And we have 2 more opening slots right around the corner. Pretty solid evidence says Superman is being replaced by R&M garbage, so those two slots are our only space for an engaging summer.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
I have a theory that they plan to use Rewind to recoup the costs of some of these big licenses they recently made. DBZ Kai is already pulling double duty on Toonami and Toonami Rewind. There is no sign of it going anywhere. It uses almost the same exact bumpers on both blocks, with the only difference being the red TOM3.5 red graphics. TOM, SARA, the absolution, the show clips and quips are all identical on both blocks. Now I am leaning towards thinking they will rerun Naruto on Toonami proper when Shippuden ends, but doing the reverse of what they’ve done with Kai and using modern graphics instead of the TOM3.5 graphics. Sailor Moon on the main block is something I am still not ready to predict, but if Rewind bombs and they already bought a ton of episodes, it could happen.

aegisrawks

Did Sailor Moon and Toonami Rewind trend again? Because if we wont get ratings that was the last thing we could have used to gauge success.

Conttactt

Still no ratings for rewind ratings?
The lowest a show on Rewind could have done and made the rewind chart was 0.09. And that’s not gonna happen.

It was a toss up if Sailor Moon would be considered a premier. If it was, then it charted a low 0.01 or less and missed the Saturday chart. So hopefully it’s considered a rerun and that isn’t the case.
Did Sailor Moon and Toonami Rewind trend again? Because if we wont get ratings that was the last thing we could have used to gauge success.
Thats not really an accurate gauge since multiple people have bots set up to post Toonami hashtags to push them to trend.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Whoever is doing the ratings probably just counts all of Sailor Moon as reruns. I don’t think they’re going back episode by episode and comparing the viz and dic dubs to see which episodes are cut.

Conttactt

Whoever is doing the ratings probably just counts all of Sailor Moon as reruns. I don’t think they’re going back episode by episode and comparing the viz and dic dubs to see which episodes are cut.
That’s not how it’s done. If the show has not aired on AS, it’s considered a premier. Both Kai and Naruto were listed as premiers when they first ran even though Kai was on the CW and Nick, and Naruto was on CN. Following that trend, Sailor Moon should be on the premier chart.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
That’s not how it’s done. If the show has not aired on AS, it’s considered a premier. Both Kai and Naruto were listed as premiers when they first ran even though Kai was on the CW and Nick, and Naruto was on CN. Following that trend, Sailor Moon should be on the premier chart.
Aren’t the ratings being reported on different websites now though? They may have different practices from the ones doing it ten years ago.

Conttactt

Aren’t the ratings being reported on different websites now though? They may have different practices from the ones doing it ten years ago.
It doesn’t matter who reports them, they are all pulling from the same source. And by all, I mean SpoilerTV because I don’t think anyone else even does it anymore. But if it was years ago and SonoftheBronx was still reporting, he still would have been pulling from the same chart SpoilerTV does. So if we aren’t seeing Sailor Moon, that means it’s not making the public chart. AS knows what all their shows are scoring, but that will never be made public.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
6/8/24:

My Adventures with Superman: 176,000(0.09 P18-49)
Zom 100: Bucket List: 151,000(0.08 P18-49)
One Piece: 138,000(0.07 P18-49)
Naruto Shippuden: 112,000(0.05 P18-49)

Superman seems to be a good lead-off for the block.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
This was a relatively high week for One Piece. Usually it does about the same as Naruto, despite being on a half hour earlier. If it did a little better, they might be airing One Piece on Toonami Rewind instead of the extra Kai. They may still be remembering the time they tried airing Enies Lobby at 8:30 pm next to Kai, and had to remove it due to poor ratings after less than a month.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts