The Official DC Animation DVD Talkback, Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxnugget

Avenger of evil and ignorance
I'm reluctant to buy the JLU DVD (and/or new JL DVDs) since it seems probable they'll release the season sets, but if the JLU disc is in widescreen AND has "For the Man Who Has Everything" on it, it's gonna be hard to resist. :)

EJill34

maxnugget said:
I'm reluctant to buy the JLU DVD (and/or new JL DVDs) since it seems probable they'll release the season sets, but if the JLU disc is in widescreen AND has "For the Man Who Has Everything" on it, it's gonna be hard to resist. :)
I think JL season sets are more likely to happen than JLU sets. In fact, I think JLU season sets won't be a possibility until at least Season 2 is finished airing and even then its really unlikely. And for some reason, I doubt the upcoming JLU DVD will be in widescreen, but I sure hope it will be. If only WHV could make an official announcement...

Then again, I'll be buying the DVD no matter what because I love JLU.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
GMahler said:
I think JL season sets are more likely to happen than JLU sets. In fact, I think JLU season sets won't be a possibility until at least Season 2 is finished airing and even then its really unlikely. And for some reason, I doubt the upcoming JLU DVD will be in widescreen, but I sure hope it will be. If only WHV could make an official announcement...

Then again, I'll be buying the DVD no matter what because I love JLU.
Thing is, if they do like the JL discs and have four episodes they could EASILY fit a widescreen option on there. I'd rather have four widescreen episodes than six full screen.

A.J

Im so getting the JLU DVD! :anime: I cant still believe they are releasing it so fast anyway! :eek: What i wonder is how many episode will it contain...? 4, 5, 6??? :rolleyes:

I dont consider widescreen as an option...too good to be real! :sweat:

Supremus

Fone Bone said:
Thing is, if they do like the JL discs and have four episodes they could EASILY fit a widescreen option on there. I'd rather have four widescreen episodes than six full screen.
In terms of size, it makes absolutely no difference if they are fullscreen or widescreen. The Teen Titans DVD is widescreen, so I would expect the JLU discs to be as well, and they will probably have the same number of episodes.

A.J

Teen Titans DVD widescreen? uh...weird....mine is fullscreen! Are they selling both versions or what???

Supremus

JLSAINT said:
Teen Titans DVD widescreen? uh...weird....mine is fullscreen! Are they selling both versions or what???
I didn't buy the Titans DVD myself, but it's listed as being widescreen. Is it possible that your DVD player is set to 4:3 output instead of 16:9 or LBX?

A.J

Supremus said:
I didn't buy the Titans DVD myself, but it's listed as being widescreen. Is it possible that your DVD player is set to 4:3 output instead of 16:9 or LBX?
Probably thats why...i was out of home so i disconnected all my entertaiment system....got the DVD in Miami over the weekend and played it last night...since i had no idea about the TT dvd being widescreen i didnt notice it...ill check it out tonight! Thanks for the info Supremus! :D

Bird Boy

WF Admin
Staff member
Supremus said:

Actually, according to reviews, despite it saying it's in widescreen, it's really not. Hence why I'm not too eager to pick it up anymore--TT on DVD is a great aspect yeah, but when they say widescreen and don't give it...

-BB

Supremus

Bird Boy said:
Actually, according to reviews, despite it saying it's in widescreen, it's really not. Hence why I'm not too eager to pick it up anymore--TT on DVD is a great aspect yeah, but when they say widescreen and don't give it...
You might be right. I Googled it, and although a couple of reviews actually said it was widescreen, and not just in the specs, I am more inclined to believe that WB once again messed up. Typical. I would have flipped out if I had bought it thinking it was widescreen and gotten 4:3 instead.

A.J

Bird Boy said:

-BB
ok, now im confused! Tonight, when i get home, ill find it out MYSELF!

Spider-Man

JLSAINT said:
JusticeLeagueUnlimited_V1.jpg

Green Arrow, Supergirl, and Captain Atom pass the "Initiation" (that's the title of the 3rd season opener) when Justice League Unlimited - Saving The World becomes the sixth volume released in this series on February 15, 2005. List price is $14.97, but Warner is encouraging stores to discount this title to as low as $9.95, which would be sweet!
This has got to be early artwork - Green Arrow doesn't even have a bow to go with his arrow! Do we know how many episodes and which ones will be on this DVD? It's safe to assume the first episode will be on there. I hope it's a packed disc.

Dogbert

I Don't See Gravity
JLSAINT said:
What i wonder is how many episode will it contain...? 4, 5, 6???
Teen Titans is very comparable to Justice League Unlimited. Both have 13 episode seasons, both aired in a similar time period (2003 v. 2004), and both are marketed at the same audience. I expect they'll have similar releases as well. If that is the case, expect six episodes and fullscreen. I would say widescreen is more likely here since it aired that way, but don't forget that b.t. (I think it was b.t. anyway) said that he had to fight for a widescreen release for Starcrossed.

I'd expect that both Teen Titans and JLU will be released in 6/7 episode releases; 6 for the first release, then 7 to finish off the season. I don't think that's unreasonable, as two DVDs wouldn't cost much more than one two-disc set, but knowing my luck they'll cut it down to spread it out over three (4,4,5 - Just like X-Men: Evolution).

Since there is a good chance that JLU releases will be similar to TT, can anyone fill us in on what episodes were on the first TT release and if they were broadcast or production order?

EJill34

wdg8 said:
Since there is a good chance that JLU releases will be similar to TT, can anyone fill us in on what episodes were on the first TT release and if they were broadcast or production order?
Well, actually, it doesn't matter if JLU is in production or airdate order, because no matter what we'll be getting the same 6 episodes. Take a look:

Production Order:
1. Initiation
2. For The Man Who Has Everything
3. Hawk and Dove
4. Fearful Symmetry
5. Kid Stuff
6. This Little Piggy

Airdate Order:
1. Initiation
2. For The Man Who Has Everything
3. Kid Stuff
4. Hawk and Dove
5. This Little Piggy
6. Fearful Symmetry

So, unless WHV pulls some weird stunt and just puts some random episodes on the disc, we're looking at the aforementioned 6 episodes no matter what.

A.J

GMahler said:
Well, actually, it doesn't matter if JLU is in production or airdate order, because no matter what we'll be getting the same 6 episodes.
That will likely only if they release 6 episodes on the first JLU DVD---cause if they only put 4 episodes it would be different between production and airdate order :sweat:

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
That cover art is slightly better than the JL discs... and it's still crap. For starters, how many times do we need those pictures of Batman And Green Lantern? Let's not forget that GL's design is actually wrong here too.

Not bad, but needs a lot of work. Most of it comes down to lazyness.

GL2k2

Savage Dragon
Amazing Spidey said:
That cover art is slightly better than the JL discs... and it's still crap. For starters, how many times do we need those pictures of Batman And Green Lantern? Let's not forget that GL's design is actually wrong here too.

Not bad, but needs a lot of work. Most of it comes down to lazyness.
Yeah, I'm actually amazed at the less than superior artwork for most DCAU related merchandise. I mean, can't they tap an artist to do this stuff. They actually get paid more for stuff like this than they would comic books. It's sad really.

A.J

Two things people:

1. I can see that this JLU DVD is labeled as a DC COMICS KIDS COLLECTIONS. So, they released TEEN TITANS and STATIC SHOCK as VOLUMEN 1 DVDs with 6 episodes each...i dont see the "VOLUMEN" word anywhere on that JLU DVD cover...would that mean its not going to be a Volumen "set" or alike....????

2. I also hate that JLU cover art...looks so....uh....crappy? They keep on using the same and the same JL core members (altho this time HG, WW and MM are out)!!! Come on Warner, we deserve better! Those season box sets cant come soon enough!

Bird Boy

WF Admin
Staff member
JLSAINT said:
Two things people:

1. I can see that this JLU DVD is labeled as a DC COMICS KIDS COLLECTIONS. So, they released TEEN TITANS and STATIC SHOCK as VOLUMEN 1 DVDs with 6 episodes each...i dont see the "VOLUMEN" word anywhere on that JLU DVD cover...would that mean its not going to be a Volumen "set" or alike....????

2. I also hate that JLU cover art...looks so....uh....crappy? They keep on using the same and the same JL core members (altho this time HG, WW and MM are out)!!! Come on Warner, we deserve better! Those season box sets cant come soon enough!

1. It's a low-res image. The disc still hasn't even been officially announced by WHV yet, so anything and everything will probably change.

2. Same as #1. It hasn't been announced yet, and cover art has been known to change between the time of announcement to shelve date. GA will have his bow, there will probably be a "Volume" number on it somewhere and probably a few other cosmetic changes as well. It'll just take awhile, because, as said before, WHV still hasn't officially announced the disc. That doesn't mean it's not coming--it obviously is, but they haven't given any official details whatsoever on it.

-BB

R

Robin

Thank you, Bird Boy. Alot of people seem to be flipping out over this. Remember when WB release early artwork for Justice League: Paradise Lost and how much it changed when it was actually released? People are so fast to judge at stuff like this instead of waiting to see how it plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts