The Official DC Animation DVD Talkback, Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxnugget

Avenger of evil and ignorance
Not only is the art "likely to change," but I'd like to point out that with regard to DCAU DVDs, this has been the rule, not the exception. In fact, if memory serves, EVERY BTAS DVD they've released (all those 4-episode single-discs), as well as EVERY JL disc, has appeared online initially as an "early" version of the artwork followed by a noticeably revised version several days or weeks later. So actually, what would be unusual is if the artwork didn't change, since it basically has nearly every single time in the past.

R

Robin

The early art always seemed like a simple place holder. The characters on the cover and how they were positioned seem to be there just to plan out for their revised version later down the road. I do hope WB releases more information about this release soon. I wonder if any ther DVDs are going to be released with it. It seems like the DC DVDs are released two or three at a time.

warmachine04

No Evil Shall Escape My Sight
Check out rear coverart for upcoming JLU DVD.

JusticeLeagueUnlimited_V1_b.jpg

for more information:http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2556

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
THREE episodes? And For the Man Who has Everything isn't even one of them?

On this plus side I LOVED Kids Stuff and this lends credence to there being a widescreen option. But DANG that hurts.

At least it will only be ten bucks.

GL2k2

Savage Dragon
LOL:p . I hate to say I told you so. This reminds me of when Lisa was testing the stupidity of Bart and he kept going for a donut and getting shocked. He eventually stopped, but then came Homer. I'm not directing this at anyone, but you guys should get the point.

Simpler Simon

Always in Style
GL2k2 said:
LOL:p . I hate to say I told you so. This reminds me of when Lisa was testing the stupidity of Bart and he kept going for a donut and getting shocked. He eventually stopped, but then came Homer. I'm not directing this at anyone, but you guys should get the point.
Eh, depends. I'm kinda indifferent to WB releasing JL in single-discs, as long as they give box set treatment to the older series like BTAS and STAS.(Honestly, you can't blame any studio for milking a currently hot product).

I draw the line at less than 4 episodes though (Starcrossed excepted), and fullscreen format to boot.

Dogbert

I Don't See Gravity
GL2k2 said:
I hate to say I told you so. This reminds me of when Lisa was testing the stupidity of Bart and he kept going for a donut and getting shocked. He eventually stopped, but then came Homer. I'm not directing this at anyone, but you guys should get the point.
I think that analogy is incredibly insulting. Nearly everyone here didn't buy the previous Batman:TAS and Superman:TAS single releases with random episodes. Give us some credit.

I've bought the single releases in the past because, even though it costs more, the format of releasing the episodes in order leads us to believe we can at least get all the episodes that way. I'm willing to pay what I have to to get the episodes. This release I will pass on because it is clear there is no intention to release every episode. The inclusion of Kid Stuff and exlusion of For the Man who Has Everything seems to indicate that they picked only episodes that children can understand.

GL2k2

Savage Dragon
wdg8 said:
I think that analogy is incredibly insulting. Nearly everyone here didn't buy the previous Batman:TAS and Superman:TAS single releases with random episodes. Give us some credit.

I've bought the single releases in the past because, even though it costs more, the format of releasing the episodes in order leads us to believe we can at least get all the episodes that way. I'm willing to pay what I have to to get the episodes. This release I will pass on because it is clear there is no intention to release every episode. The inclusion of Kid Stuff and exlusion of For the Man who Has Everything seems to indicate that they picked only episodes that children can understand.
You assume too much. I was here when the single discs BTAS came out, and a lot of people bought them. The STAS is post BTAS box set, so that's a different story, but people bought into that too. I was one of the leading advocates (and still am) for the Columbia House BTAS sets. But I now have both CH's 6 episode releases and WB's boxset, and I like my CH sets for different reasons. Anyways, I was wrong to call people stupid for waiting for the boxsets of BTAS when they were complaining about not having BTAS in a good format. This was after the single WB releases. And now it seems a new generation are complaining about JL/JLU. It never ends.

I too believe WB has excluded episodes for marketing purposes as well. Its clear with the current run of JL discs that they were promoting them with a collection frame of mind for each release. FOUR EPISODES JUSTICE LEAGUE: ON TRIAL and JUSTICE LEAGUE: PARADISE LOST. C'mon, please, I can see right through that. And they'll probably keep on that same channel, because people are buying into, just to get their grubby hands on them imediately. And that works in a world where people want everything now and don't think about it. The end result is, don't buy what you don't want and wait for what you do.

EJill34

Wow...fullscreen and my 2 least favorite episodes of the season ("Initation" and "Hawk and Dove") plus an episode I loved but can wait for. Looks I have to pass on this release.

Wow. What a disgusting release.

Juu-kuchi

Everypony's Starry-Eyed
Dear lord what horrible cover art, and what a selection of episodes. Not really all that well in persuading me to think about purchasing it.

No thanks.

JLfan4life

well i'm passing on this release. i can't believe they didn't put FTMWHE on this DVD release and i abhor Hawk and Dove and didn't really care for Initation...even though i liked Kids Stuff....This dvd is not worth it....and it's not even in widescreen...:sad:

Bird Boy

WF Admin
Staff member
This is all giant guesswork, but here's what I've gathered from it so far:

The "official" artwork released still isn't final. This means things can still change, including disc content. What do I mean by this? Well look at it this way: three episodes is an all time low, excluding "Secret Origins", "Starcrossed" and the "B/S Movie". "Starcrossed", however, with it's technically only "three" episodes, had both widescreen and fullscreen transfers, basically accumulating to six episodes.

Considering how lax WB is with information (and what they do give isn't always 100%--Widescreen TT? Yeah right), this can all change. They may have simply forgotten to mention that it's both formats, who knows? To us these releases are bigger--to WHV, they're childrens DVDs and small potatoes, hence why they rarely fix their mistakes (the "Main Man Part" is still listed as one of the STAS eps having commentary...but what one?).

I'm not really asking anyone to believe this, because it's probably not something that'll come true; it is something to chew on as we wait for it to hit. As for why they're putting the episodes out of order on it...I have no flippin' idea. Especially since WHV lists this DVD as "Season One, Volume One."

And Green Arrow still doesn't have a bow. Just an arrow.

-BB

EJill34

Bird Boy said:
This is all giant guesswork, but here's what I've gathered from it so far:

The "official" artwork released still isn't final. This means things can still change, including disc content. What do I mean by this? Well look at it this way: three episodes is an all time low, excluding "Secret Origins", "Starcrossed" and the "B/S Movie". "Starcrossed", however, with it's technically only "three" episodes, had both widescreen and fullscreen transfers, basically accumulating to six episodes.

Considering how lax WB is with information (and what they do give isn't always 100%--Widescreen TT? Yeah right), this can all change. They may have simply forgotten to mention that it's both formats, who knows? To us these releases are bigger--to WHV, they're childrens DVDs and small potatoes, hence why they rarely fix their mistakes (the "Main Man Part" is still listed as one of the STAS eps having commentary...but what one?).

I'm not really asking anyone to believe this, because it's probably not something that'll come true; it is something to chew on as we wait for it to hit. As for why they're putting the episodes out of order on it...I have no flippin' idea.

-BB
Or, because this DVD seems to blatantly disregard the adult fanbase a possible JL box set could be in the works. I know its wishful thinking, but who knows?

Hero Supreme

Mr Jinx No More
well, on the bright side, for those who bought any of the JL DVD releases, each episode sold for about $3.75. If this DVD sells for $10 as expected, each episode only costs $3.33. I would prefer a box set where each episode sells for about $1.50, but it doesnt look like that day will come anytime soon.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
If this doesn't have a widescreen option I'm not getting it.

I swear there had better be JL/JLU box sets in the near future. I'm sick of all these "hints" we've been getting which amount to a hill of jack with a side of squat.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Why is it that WHV wants to only please the kids anyways? Do they have money to buy DVDs? Do parents really get their little kids DVDs? I would think they'd prefer buying sturdier tapes. Are they not aware of the adult fanbase of the DCAU and that it isn't limited to BTAS, STAS and Superfriends? Why do the fans keep getting shafted? This is sickening. I am SO mad right now.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts