3. A Quiet Place Day One $21 mil
4. MaXXXine $6.7 mil
5. Bad Boys Ride or Die $6.6 mil
6. Horizon An American Saga Chapter 1 $5.5 mil
7. Sound of Hope Story of Possum Trot $3.2 mil
8. Kalki 2898 AD $1.8 mil
9. The Bikeriders $1.3 mil
10. Kinds of Kindness $860k

Inside Out 2 held up pretty well against Despicable Me 4, but that was kind of expected since the original Inside Out held up well against the first Minions.

Surreal Kangaroo

Staff member
July 12-14
1. Despicable Me 4 $44.7 mil
2. Longlegs $22.6 mil
3. Inside Out 2 $ 20.7 mil
4. A Quiet Place Day One $11.8 mil
5. Fly Me to the Moon $10 mil
6. Bad Boys: Ride or Die $4.4 mil
7. Horizon An American Saga Chapter 1 $2.4 mil
8. MaXXXine $2 mil
9. Sound of Hope: The Story of Possum Trot $1.3 mil
10. The Lion King (30th anniversary) $1 mil

Longlegs did better than expected and knocked Inside Out 2 out of second place. Meanwhile, the re-release of The Lion King fell way short of its last major re-release in 2011 (which opened at approximately $30 million). That’s to be expected but still Nightmare Before Christmas and Hocus Pocus opened larger than Lion King on their rereleases last year.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Wow, the word-of-mouth marketing really helped Longlegs. Fly Me to the Moon didn't do as well but it was produced by Apple, which means they're fine with their movies not doing well right now, as long as it promotes AppleTV+.

Surreal Kangaroo

Staff member
July 19-21:
1. Twisters $80.5 mil
2. Despicable Me 4 $23.8 mil
3. Inside Out 2 $12.8 mil
4. Longlegs $11.7 mil
5. A Quiet Place Day One $6.1 mil
6. Fly Me to the Moon $3.3 mil
7. Bad Boys Ride or Die $2.7 mil
8. Bad Newz $1.1 mil
9. MaXXXine $819k
10. The Bikeriders $701k

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Wow, Twisters beat expectations at the box office. Looks like the summer box office is still doing well after the first month or so of fumbles.

Surreal Kangaroo

Staff member
July 26-28:
1. Deadpool & Wolverine $205 mil
2. Twisters $35.3 mil
3. Despicable Me 4 $14.2 mil
4. Inside Out 2 $8.3 mil
5. Longlegs $6.8 mil
6. A Quiet Place Day One $3 mil
7. Bad Boys: Ride or Die $1.3 mil
8. The Fabulous Four $1 mil
9. Fly Me to the Moon $750 k
10. Raayan $453 k

Deadpool and Wolverine completely obliterated the record for the opening weekend of an R rated movie. In other news, Inside Out 2 officially became the highest grossing animated movie domestically.

On a personal note I just cannot wrap my mind around the immense appeal for Deadpool. I guess I can understand why some people would be into it but, just seems like a niche thing, not a $200 million worth of people thing.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
July 26-28:
1. Deadpool & Wolverine $205 mil
2. Twisters $35.3 mil
3. Despicable Me 4 $14.2 mil
4. Inside Out 2 $8.3 mil
5. Longlegs $6.8 mil
6. A Quiet Place Day One $3 mil
7. Bad Boys: Ride or Die $1.3 mil
8. The Fabulous Four $1 mil
9. Fly Me to the Moon $750 k
10. Raayan $453 k

Deadpool and Wolverine completely obliterated the record for the opening weekend of an R rated movie. In other news, Inside Out 2 officially became the highest grossing animated movie domestically.

On a personal note I just cannot wrap my mind around the immense appeal for Deadpool. I guess I can understand why some people would be into it but, just seems like a niche thing, not a $200 million worth of people thing.

I'm not surprised at Deadpool's appeal. At a basic level, it's a foul-mouthed, smart-aleck superhero who doesn't take himself or the audience seriously. Combine that with Wolverine, one of the most well-known superheroes of all time and you have box office gold. I think the thing that surprises me is how much appeal they have internationally. I always thought of Deadpool being more appealing to Americans but the world loves him, looking at the box office numbers.

Surreal Kangaroo

Staff member
August 2-4:
1. Deadpool & Wolverine $97 mil
2. Twisters $22.7 mil
3. Trap $15.6 mil
4. Despicable Me 4 $11.3 mil
5. Inside Out 2 $6.7 mil
6. Harold and the Purple Crayon $6 mil
7. Longlegs $4.1 mil
8. The Firing Squad $1.6 mil
9. A Quiet Place Day One $1.4 mil
10. Bad Boys: Ride or Die $601k

I’m honestly surprised that Harold did that low. I knew it wasn’t going to set the box office on fire but I thought it could have easily made double that. When I saw the trailer with Despicable Me 4, I heard a teenaged girl sitting next to me saying she wants to see it. My friend and I saw the trailer with Inside Out 2, and she remarked that it’s a movie that’s made for our generation and not today’s kids.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Deadpool & Wolverine should be heading to the billion club sometime this week. Also, Disney has made over $3 billion this year at the box office, so this is why you can never count the House of Mouse out.

Surreal Kangaroo

Staff member
August 9-11:
1. Deadpool & Wolverine $54.2 mil
2. It Ends With Us $50 mil
3. Twisters $15 mil
4. Borderlands $8.8 mil
5. Despicable Me 4 $8 mil
6. Trap $6.7 mil
7. Inside Out 2 $5 mil
8. Harold and the Purple Crayon $3.1 mil
9. Cuckoo $3 mil
10. Longlegs $2 mil

Pooky

Staff member
Not necessarily that interested in it personally (and maybe it's the rock I'm living under but I'd honestly never heard of the books) but it's good to see something as atypical for the 2020s as It Ends With Us making that kind of money. Would have been cool if it had made #1, but still good.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Not necessarily that interested in it personally (and maybe it's the rock I'm living under but I'd honestly never heard of the books) but it's good to see something as atypical for the 2020s as It Ends With Us making that kind of money. Would have been cool if it had made #1, but still good.

It does show that there's still a audience for romantic dramas in theaters, as long as it's based off a best-selling novel.

And congrats to Deadpool & Wolverine joining the billionaire club!

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
This weekend was possibly even bigger than when Deadpool & Wolverine first came out, absolutely massive.

Just proves how big of a deal Colleen Hoover is. She's not my thing, either, but she's huge on what's called BookTok.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Although Walpurgisnacht Rising was completed last year, it was delayed to Winter 2025.
I've always had suspicions that the reason why Shin Chan, Rotten Ralph and The Kids from Room 402 never aired on Toon Disney and in Shin Chan's case the ABC Family Action Block.

Perhaps maybe Disney were that children would replicate the actions of these characters portrayed in these shows?
Was there a pilot dub for a Battle Spirits anime?

Featured Posts