Warner Bros. Discovery News & Discussion Thread

Moe

It's not the CEO, it's the company, no one seems to understand that. No one is going to like the next CEO either he or she will still be running the same rotted company, unless they find the one who willing to just commence the fire sale and start strip mining for parts. The next CEO is not going to stop layoffs, the next CEO will not fix CNN, will not fix Cartoon Network, will not bring back deleted stuff, they aren't. They are going to either going do the fire sale of parts that can make money , find someone else dumb enough to buy it (getting harder), or sell it to the only buyers left like a private equity firm. There are no other media buyers they all screwed up for the past decades. It's gonna be like Shari Redstone but without the emotional connection she had; they are going to find the highest bidder and walk and not care if anything is broken up in the future.

It's like if the Titanic got a new captain after the boat already hit the iceberg and was sinking, can't blame the captain when it was already sinking. The dumbest thing he and Discovery did was actually buy Warner , they had hubris thinking they could do something different than others when they couldn't. I can see why, Discovery was successful, their cable networks even now are top 10 in ratings, they bought the Scripps cable networks and that worked. They thought they could could buy the flooded car and get it run again. Discovery's people didn't come in and decide they spent money just go in and destroy things.

It's not even just them, this from at least 3 decades of overt hubris, un self-awareness , bad decisions and greed. The radio industry the same thing, local TV industry same thing.
Well said, good one.

There is warning - it does happen with other studios.

Want CEO out? That’s not going to fix the problems at all.

What I’m doing? Move on and stop talking about CEO.

harry580

this is why discovery could instead buy lionsgate instead (which made sense given that lionsgate did owned a stake in discovery)

JMTV

Tater Tot!
Despite losing NBA rights that'll make Ted Turner cry, TNT are now going back to their "We Know Drama" era again, all thanks to Channing Dungey.

Last edited:

JUS28

JMTV

Tater Tot!
Yeah, and I hope Channing might try to help Cartoon Network improve it's original programing in the future. Things are looking bright though!
That would be nice, but @RegularCapital describe above, that idea seems a bit too optimistic. I just want Micheal Ouweleen and Sam Register start giving a damn about CN again and not just heavily focusing on Adult Swim.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Despite losing NBA rights that'll make Ted Turner cry, TNT are now going back to their "We Know Drama" era again, all thanks to Channing Dungey.

They are still going to have sports, though. It's not like overpaying for the NBA meant they don't have sports. The NHL airs on TNT, for example, they are going to have the French Open, some college sports, etc.

JMTV

Tater Tot!
They are still going to have sports, though. It's not like overpaying for the NBA meant they don't have sports. The NHL airs on TNT, for example, they are going to have the French Open, some college sports, etc.
I get that TNT is more than just NBA, but it still rubs me the wrong way. But then again, that's just me.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I get that TNT is more than just NBA, but it still rubs me the wrong way. But then again, that's just me.
At lot if it is also, in this case the NBA, they'd rather take the higher bids and money than going on relationships and quality. Disney/ESPN does subpar quality with most of their sports but as long as they have the money to do it they'll get rights (mostly) they want.

JMTV

Tater Tot!
At lot if it is also, in this case the NBA, they'd rather take the higher bids and money than going on relationships and quality. Disney/ESPN does subpar quality with most of their sports but as long as they have the money to do it they'll get rights (mostly) they want.
I understand. Like I said, maybe it's just me.

Moe

I wish that WBD reboot CHiPs for TNT in procedural drama format, not serialized, based on modern day Los Angeles metro, so will be different casts, not like 1970s series nor 1998 TV movie.

harry580

I wish that WBD reboot CHiPs for TNT in procedural drama format, not serialized, based on modern day Los Angeles metro, so will be different casts, not like 1970s series nor 1998 TV movie.
has Warner bros & tnt attempted to remake chips had the 2017 movie didn't failed

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
The NBA-WBD drama continues

Yeah, Discovery people, just get it go. It's over, you lost the rights. Didn't want to pay a higher price, I understand. Just give up, and make a deal with Amazon to produce their NBA broadcasts since they need someone like how NBC does their football broadcasts. Save the lawsuit money and please somehow take ESPN/Disney's MLB rights instead.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts