Toon Zone Talkback - "Dinosaur King" Weekends at the Paris Science Museum

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
This is the talkback thread for "Dinosaur King" Weekends at the Paris Science Museum.

Heh, if I lived in France (or spoke French at all), I'd totally go see this.

I imagine it must be a pretty rare occurrence for a TV series to be featured in a theater such as La Geode, let alone an animated TV series. But then again, I guess the show does contain a wide variety of obscure dinosaurs, so I guess it's somewhat fitting of the Paris Science Museum (even if those dinosaurs breath fire or shoot lightening from their horns :sweat:).

Undrave

Forever Burning Heart!
That's one thing you gotta give to Dinosaur King: its not affraid of obscure Dinosaurs with hard to pronounce and spell names. Carchadonthosaurus and stuff :p

Ed Liu

Frog of Thunder
Staff member
Reporter
That's one thing you gotta give to Dinosaur King: its not affraid of obscure Dinosaurs with hard to pronounce and spell names. Carchadonthosaurus and stuff :p

Yes, and then it makes them into things that turn back and forth into cards and jump around and shoot lightning at each other :shrug: :D.

I'm of two minds on this exhibit. On the one hand, I'm going to be for just about anything that gets kids into a science museum on general principle. On the other hand, I just wish it weren't a tie-in to Dinosaur King (which, IMO, yuck). The article also seems to have far more information about how they're going to be pushing the games over what they're going to be teaching the kids, which makes me wonder if it's just covering up the fact that it's a massive ad by pretending to be educational. Then again, I suppose that wouldn't be much different from the series as a whole.

Besides, my brother and I didn't need no steekin' game/TV show tie-in to make my mother bring us to the American Museum of Natural History to gawk at the dino fossils. Dinosaurs Are Cool, full stop, which may also be one reason why I dislike the show so intensely.

-- Ed

DinoQueen13

Life is Now or Never
@Undrave: You mean Carcharodontosaurus, right? I think that's the longest name for any of the dinosaurs that appear in Dinosaur King anime, lucky for you.

@Ed Liu: Sorry to disagree, but I think Dinosaur King gets even cooler with the move cards. Otherwise it'd almost always be the carnivores winning unless the herbivores made good use of their skills and stuff.

If that quiz they're gonna give is about Dinosaur King, the show, I'd totally rock that quiz. Give me an episode, I'll tell you what dinosaurs appeared, what moves were used etc. But most likely it will be about dinosaurs in general, which I'll probably get an 80% on.

Light Lucario

Staff member
That does sound like a fun and cute way to promote kids to go to a museum. It must be doing pretty well over there in France. I don't mind how the dinosaurs in Dinosaur King turn into cards and have different elemental attacks. While watching and studying about how dinosaurs lived is cool, mainly those specials on the Discovery Channel that are so awesome, but I'm not sure how that would work out in an animated series. Still, it seems like a nice idea.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
I'm of two minds on this exhibit. On the one hand, I'm going to be for just about anything that gets kids into a science museum on general principle. On the other hand, I just wish it weren't a tie-in to Dinosaur King (which, IMO, yuck). The article also seems to have far more information about how they're going to be pushing the games over what they're going to be teaching the kids, which makes me wonder if it's just covering up the fact that it's a massive ad by pretending to be educational. Then again, I suppose that wouldn't be much different from the series as a whole.

It's not like the games can't be educational too. Interestingly enough, a paleontologist reviewed the DS game and claimed it was "the video game [he's] been waiting [his] entire life for."

So I imagine Sega’s executives had a camera in my house at some point. “We’ve got this one guy in Alaska who loves Pokémon and dinosaurs,” says the executive. “We can totally make a game for this guy. But we can’t just put in popular dinosaurs like Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops. That won’t satiate his cultivated appetite. We’ll need to throw in more obscure taxa, like Talarurus and Opisthocoelicaudia. And we need to give them all elemental types.” Well, I see your ploy, Sega! You think some silly sprite-based Pokémonesque gameplay will capture my interest, eh? Think again! Wait—are those dinosaurs rendered in 3D? Are they…*gulp*…scientifically accurate to a degree unseen even in most modern Discovery Channel and History Channel shows? Is that bony crest I see on Irritator challengeri’s head? Am I correct in assuming that Einiosaurus has a downturned nasal horn? Heaven? Is that you?
Yeah, that's right, you heard the man. The dinosaurs in Dinosaur King are more accurately depicted than dinosaurs in specials on the Discovery Channel and History Channel. :p

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So, lemme get this straight. VA's have gone on strike protesting AI replicating their voices, and SAG-AFTRA signs a partnership deal with Narrativ? Apparently this is the second time SAG-AFTRA has done something like this.
Toonsylvania is a hidden gem from the late 90s, A real shame that the show hasn't been recognized since the early 2000s.
25 years ago today! Fox Kids introduced the United States to Digimon , the anime. Happy American 25th anniversary to it!

Featured Posts