Ultimate Spider-Man "Snow Day" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment - USM "Snow Day"

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Check out an all-new episode of Ultimate Spider-Man inside Marvel Universe on Disney XD today starting at 11:00am (ET/PT)!

Click on the above image for more!
Ultimate Spider-Man "Snow Day"
Episode Premiere Date - August 5th, 2012
Spider-Man and his team sneak off for a vacation on a deserted tropical island. However, they soon realize something is not right with the island and the Sandman will make sure they never leave.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Feel free to comment as the episode airs, too, providing your own commentary, though avoid successive posting. However, do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And please remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

NuclearBLt

Another pretty good episode. Sandman himself proved to be a great threat for the heroes as well, I hope the show can continue with it's threatening villains from here on out.

spyke

One of the best episodes of this series (which isn't saying much).

Choppasmith

I bet those people who groaned about Sandman being "turned into a kid" and how they ruined the character sure feel silly now. I really thought it was a neat and refreshing take.

And it might just me, but it seems the kinks of the team FINALLY seemed straightened out. They were all getting together pretty well. I think this is one of the best "team" episodes yet.

Also, was this the first episode we get to hear Cage say "Sweet Christmas?" I thought he said it on the EMH episode but not here, though maybe I'm just getting mixed up.

EDIT: I actually laughed at the whole "Ominous Music Gag" But also, it's probably just a random coincidence, but at the start of the episode when Peter's fumbling with his Spidey suit and street clothes, He temporarily has his mask and a blue shirt on, made me think of this:

p45xj.jpg

Again, probably just coincidence. But then they did say the Marvel Mashups were inspired by the various classic Spidey memes/videos. I'll have to catch the episode again and get a picture. I swear it was the same shade of blue.

bigdaddy313

they should not feel silly, it was marvel that only showed that part of him as a kid. And they put a second video to stop complaints from people showing him as a man

NuclearBLt

they should not feel silly, it was marvel that only showed that part of him as a kid. And they put a second video to stop complaints from people showing him as a man

That's pure speculation. You can't prove that to be true.

Choppasmith

Even if that WERE true, it was still pretty reckless to pass judgement on the episode and jump to conclusions from a clip.

bigdaddy313

Think about it, why did they have to show that part of him being a grown up? They didn't have to, they would usually show 1 or 2 clips at the same time but this time after a huge complaint about him as a kid the then show him as a man in a second clip. check every forum and see the complaints and on youtube.

It may be speculation on my part but the signs are there and it makes sense.

NuclearBLt

Think about it, why did they have to show that part of him being a grown up? They didn't have to, they would usually show 1 or 2 clips at the same time but this time after a huge complaint about him as a kid, check every forum and see the complaints and on youtube.

He appeared much more often as an adult in the episode than as a child. The only other significant scene with Sand-Boy was him catching a volleyball and interacting with Spider-Man and his gang. Marvel tends to add clips that spotlight action scenes, which Sandman appeared as adult through out most of them.

Choppasmith

Think about it, why did they have to show that part of him being a grown up? They didn't have to, they would usually show 1 or 2 clips at the same time but this time after a huge complaint about him as a kid, check every forum and see the complaints and on youtube.

IIRC, the original clip was from Marvel.com and their Youtube page while the "new" clip was from TVGuide (yep, just checked their YT page, they only have the first clip). MLP is another show I can think of off hand that will release multiple clips sometimes giving different media websites different exclusives.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I thought the episode was okay. Sandman is a tough villain, but his personality was lame. His "I want friends, waaaaaah!" attitude makes me want to laugh at him. Nova is an idiot, though.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
The second clip was from TV Guide who always seem to get different clips from the ones posted on Marvel or MAA. I have no idea why they choose which clips they do but I would guess that they were chosen before any internet feedback would gain the attention of the Marvel guys.

Anyways, the episode was better than I expected it to be. It's not one of my favorites but I thought it was a pretty fun escapade. This is definitely not saying much but it was probably the best non-TSSM Sandman animated appearance. Dee Baker did a good job although I'd generally expect someone gruffer to voice Cain Marko. There were some brief moments here, when the team is running from Sandman, that reminded me of the first few comics I read with the character as a kid, back when I thought he was both awesome and terrifying. I was also reminded of Spider-Man Unmasked, where the team also crossed paths with Sandman after having fun on the beach.

reflection01

Even if that WERE true, it was still pretty reckless to pass judgement on the episode and jump to conclusions from a clip.

How so? The whole purpose of the clip is for Marvel to show fans something that encourages them to pass a positive judgement on the episode and to jump to the conclusion that they want to watch it. At the very least, Marvel screwed up royally by previewing a clip that presented the episode in a poor light that is in line with the worst fears of its critics.

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
One of the show's better episodes so far, it was a nice take on Sandman. His powers made for a nice visual treat here.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Everyone freaked out and lost their minds when they thought Sandman was a little kid and it turned out being a pretty faithful rendition of Sandman. He simply went nutty being stuck on that deserted island by himself.

I was hoping they were going to beat Sandman not by turning him into glass but by using a giant vacuum cleaner. Hey that's how he did it in the comics.

Sam/Nova had a line I found rathr funny. When White Tiger made a comment about the Bermuda triangle he said, "What do you have against triangles?"

Dragnatek

Pretty good episode. Better then I expected and yeah one of the better Spider-team episodes. I was presently surprised with how they handled Sandman that "sandboy" was just Flint making company for himself after being driven crazy from isolation.

And yes Nova is a complete idiot. Mistaking Classified with "Classy" what a moron.

HEATXZ

Duck Knght
Great episode :D
Sandman was great
My favorite parts are Hulk at the beach party,Chibi Spiderman inside Spiderman's Head,and the ending XD

Christopher Glennon

Punch Drunk Flounder
Staff member
Reporter
Ugh, "classy fied?" I almost felt like they were re-doing the idiot mistakes that happened in the Dr. Doom episode with that, but luckily, this turned out to be a pretty enjoyable episode.

Also, was this the first episode we get to hear Cage say "Sweet Christmas?" I thought he said it on the EMH episode but not here, though maybe I'm just getting mixed up.

I think you're right, as I reacted to that too. Between that, Fury and Coulson's hair, Hulk the lowest there is, and Spidey's spider-sense kicking his brain, there were a lot of funny moments.

Dee Baker did a good job although I'd generally expect someone gruffer to voice Cain Marko.

You mean Flint Marko. AKA William Baker. Sandman sure is big on the multiple personality. I think this episode was based on a Spider-Man comic from about ten years back where Sandman split into a bunch of different people with different personalities.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts