Universal Kids (formerly Sprout) (TALKBACK)

harry580

in a another timeline: g4 (the original one) & kidsco networks gets replaced by universal kids while sprout gets replaced by universal junior

CNNickFan

Invader Zim
Wait, this thread is still active? I thought it would be as dead as the channel is (I'm joking).

I've been looking at some of UK's on-screen elements and bumpers; I like them! They're definitely creative and playful. Still doesn't hold a candle to the iconic Sprout jingle, though

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
Wait, this thread is still active? I thought it would be as dead as the channel is (I'm joking).

I've been looking at some of UK's on-screen elements and bumpers; I like them! They're definitely creative and playful. Still doesn't hold a candle to the iconic Sprout jingle, though
I found a webpage on the rebranding and it literally said they’re shifting to a younger audience aged 3-6. They literally went back to the Sprout audience they chased away because the initial shift to an older demographic was such a failure.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I found a webpage on the rebranding and it literally said they’re shifting to a younger audience aged 3-6. They literally went back to the Sprout audience they chased away because the initial shift to an older demographic was such a failure.

They took chances, got messy, made mistakes.... I do admire they took a chance even if it didn't work out. I did enjoy it for like for a few months when they had interesting imports and stuff. In hindsight it was dumb to cut Sprout the way they did , it was successful. Oh well.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
I actually recall Sprout being one of the lower rated networks. It was probably still doing better than Universal Kids though.
Yeah, Sprout was getting low ratings, and I heard people would refuse to merchandise Sprout shows because so few people were watching. (Super Wings being an exception) Universal Kids was an attempt to expand the demographic so more people would watch (especially given Sprout’s reputation as a “baby channel” that resulted in Free to Grow), but it only succeeded in alienating the viewership it had left.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts