What if Fox Kids continued after 2002?

Otakuninja2006

I think I have a new idea.

After the relative successes of female-skewing Braceface, State of Grace, and Totally Spies(that last one’s success was guesstimated as it debuted like just a few days before the switch), Fox Family decided to pilot towards a female demographic. However, that doesn’t mean it becomes Disney Channel. The night half becomes what it is nowadays as Freeform, but the other two are cartoons. And one of them an action show. So, instead of ripping off modern day Disney Channel or Nickelodeon(the network of which many people accuse it of ripping off), it essentially becomes a gender-bent Cartoon Network, but with live action... and a bit more gender neutral programming.
Ok.
Often, the programs were gender neutral shows that just happened to star girls(Angela Anaconda, Julia Jekyll and Harriet Hyde, Frankenstein’s Cat, Bounty Hamster, reruns of Shirley Holmes), or just plain gender neutral programs, and the preschool block continues to be gender neutral. The sole recurring outlier is Power Rangers, which has appealed to females in the past(remember pink and yellow Power Ranger dolls?).
Yeah.
In addition, after the failure of the Odyssey Network, Fox Family acquires the Jim Henson company and utilizes it along with the MTM and family movie library for a family oriented block to bridge the gap between the kid and adult portions of the network.
Great thinking. Could they also buy out the Odyssey Network as well?
Jim Henson shows also populate the preschool block, like reruns of the Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss, Fraggle Rock, and Muppet Babies.
Great!
The adult portion also has Henson shows such as Farscape and The Storyteller, and many of the Henson shows in both the preschool and family blocks are also in the regular kid blocks. Following the 2015 partial acquisition of EndemolShine, their kid/family programs are also on the network(Tracey McBean, the return of Mr. Bean, Bananas in Pajamas, Worzel Gummidge), as well as new programs from them like MasterChef Junior. 700 Club moved to Fox News.
Great.

Moe

I do think that Disney should buy Nickelodeon and bake into 20th Century, so next day, Nick got rebranded as Fox Kids to air all shows that they have in the vault, even SpongeBob and The Loud House are cancelled.

Mickey Mouse run away before sky turn into black.

harry580

I do think that Disney should buy Nickelodeon and bake into 20th Century, so next day, Nick got rebranded as Fox Kids to air all shows that they have in the vault, even SpongeBob and The Loud House are cancelled.

Mickey Mouse run away before sky turn into black.
and rio the series & ice age the series became a reality

ok, in all seriousness, they have Disney Channel they should be worried about so buying nickelodeon would definitely be a monopoly

Moe

I made a dark joke, sorry.

ok, in all seriousness, they have Disney Channel they should be worried about so buying nickelodeon would definitely be a monopoly
Antitrust laws are largely broken right now, but I'm seriously doubt that Disney want Nick or Cartoon Network since Disney care about their IP that they created, not others.

Back in 2001, the competition killed Fox Kids, even you may say that competition is good, sure but it could kill one like Fox Kids is one of them. Cable subscription was all peak, so it was enough for Fox to sold Fox Family Worldwide to Disney as hope to see if Disney willing to invest further to launch a new channel, until Disney realized about difficulty with cable companies to add new channel, so they went to hijacked Toon Disney and added Jetix as block, eventually expanded and expanded until rebrand as XD.

If Fox Family Worldwide wasn't sold, so Fox Kids will continue to operate after 2002 with mostly acquired shows.

harry580

Antitrust laws are largely broken right now, but I'm seriously doubt that Disney want Nick or Cartoon Network since Disney care about their IP that they created, not others.

Back in 2001, the competition killed Fox Kids, even you may say that competition is good, sure but it could kill one like Fox Kids is one of them. Cable subscription was all peak, so it was enough for Fox to sold Fox Family Worldwide to Disney as hope to see if Disney willing to invest further to launch a new channel, until Disney realized about difficulty with cable companies to add new channel, so they went to hijacked Toon Disney and added Jetix as block, eventually expanded and expanded until rebrand as XD.

If Fox Family Worldwide wasn't sold, so Fox Kids will continue to operate after 2002 with mostly acquired shows.
wait, I thought fox family worldwide was sold because of Rupert murdoch & haim saban hating each other & news corporation (who owned fox family worldwide at the time) wanted to make a bet for direct tv

Moe

wait, I thought fox family worldwide was sold because of Rupert murdoch & haim saban hating each other & news corporation (who owned fox family worldwide at the time) wanted to make a bet for direct tv
Some members said decline of rating on Fox Kids and Fox Family, and strong competition, especially Pokémon on Kids' WB were factor that Fox sold to Disney.

harry580

Some members said decline of rating on Fox Kids and Fox Family, and strong competition, especially Pokémon on Kids' WB were factor that Fox sold to Disney.
wait like the entire fox or just the fox family worldwide division in general

JMTV

Tater Tot!
I think if Fox Kids continued after 2002, they would have to go back their pre-Saban roots. Make original shows for the block and not have Saban do all the work for them. That pretty much led to Fox Kids' downfall. You can only rely on Power Rangers and Digimon content for so much before kids switch over to Nickelodeon.

That, and Fox affiliates rather air sports, news, and informercials than airing cartoons, but that's another discussion.

I think that if Fox would've kept Fox Children's Productions up and running and not being absorbed by Saban, then Fox Kids would have a longer lifespan. I mean, Warner Bros did it, and ABC/Disney did it, so can Fox Kids.

It's really sad that Fox is no longer producing children cartoons anymore. At the end of 2001, Fox has washed their hands cleans on the kids TV market and have 4Kids took over a year later.

If the Saban oversaturation and creating their own in-house content, and affiliates wanted to get rid of the block never happened, then Fox Kids would've lasted much longer.

Now that Disney owns Fox, Fox is more interested in their adult animation rather than kids animation.

Two Two's

I've got an electric shaver!
fox kids would probably rely on digimon reruns, power rangers and whatever is popular

I could see a saban-4kids merger and reruns of the new woody woodpecker show

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
I believe that if Disney didn’t buy FFW, Saban would sell their stake to Fox(what they were originally going to do). I feel that in this case, Fox would probably keep a deal with Saban while they start making proper originals again, which was going to be the case with Buffy Animated.

Moe

I think that's what Saban should've done. That way, Fox Family will still be around today and Disney XD never existed.
and family movies would air on Fox Family instead of FX, especially from DreamWorks Animation.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts