What if Fox Kids continued after 2002?

harry580

I been wondering, what if foxbox was actually a block on fox kids like how kids wb has a toonami block, I mean, fox kids would still air the 4kids shows but the foxbox block will air the action cartoons on it

Igorov

I have no idea for the USA. But Fox Kids was very popular in Europe. We had original shows that didn't air very much in the US. It's likely that Fox Kids would have been more successful than Disney if it had continued.

Especially shows such as "The Kids From Room 402", "What's with Andy" and "Wunschpusch" are very valuable. These shows are under CineGroupe today :(

Francisque

I have no idea for the USA. But Fox Kids was very popular in Europe. We had original shows that didn't air very much in the US. It's likely that Fox Kids would have been more successful than Disney if it had continued.

Especially shows such as "The Kids From Room 402", "What's with Andy" and "Wunschpusch" are very valuable. These shows are today co-produced by CineGroupe.
Eastern Europe and the Netherlands mainly.

Here in IT it was just one of the many satellite channels.

It had some visibility for some time as a simulcast in syndication on some local TV channels up here, but then in 2003 that syndication block became K2 which then evolved in its own channel.
Many people have good memories for K2 mainly for Fairly odd parents lol

But I guess had it continued it would've become a victim of the Fox-Disney mergers anyway.

In a way I was also glad it became Jetix, as it made more sense as a name in territories when there was no Fox.
Although programming wise not a patch with many Disney, Cartoon Network and even Nickelodeon shows, but at least it had some animes and a focus on action shows

In a way or the other, Disney knew how to better run a kids' channel.
Not in the best possible ways, especially post-2006, but yeah

Igorov

Eastern Europe and the Netherlands mainly.

Here in IT it was just one of the many satellite channels.

It had some visibility for some time as a simulcast in syndication on some local TV channels up here, but then in 2003 that syndication block became K2 which then evolved in its own channel.
Many people have good memories for K2 mainly for Fairly odd parents lol

But I guess had it continued it would've become a victim of the Fox-Disney mergers anyway.

In a way I was also glad it became Jetix, as it made more sense as a name in territories when there was no Fox.
Although programming wise not a patch with many Disney, Cartoon Network and even Nickelodeon shows, but at least it had some animes and a focus on action shows

In a way or the other, Disney knew how to better run a kids' channel.
Not in the best possible ways, especially post-2006, but yeah

Eastern Europe and Scandinavia is a market where 500-600 million people live. I don't think Disney has achieved the same success. You know my views on this matter.

It would have been different if Fox Kids had been sold to Disney in 2019. I think it is one of Disney's biggest competitors, along with CN and Nick. Moreover, Fox Kids existed before these 3 channels in many countries. Perhaps if it had not been sold in 2001 much better series could have been produced.

More importantly, if this were the case, Disney+ would also add Fox Kids shows when it launches. We're not getting any other shows right now other than Marvel and The Tick. These are not available in every country. There is no Disney+ in Russia anyway. Disney+ only cares about the American market.

img-8652-jpg.306546

Moe

At beginning, Fox Kids in the US was very popular until more competition came, especially Pokémon on Kids’ WB that led to demise of Fox Kids in 2002. If it wasn’t for Power Rangers, it would dies in mid to late 1990s, at least for the US.

That all I remember. :)

and of course, I was big fan of Power Rangers when they first aired on TV in 1993 but real annoying is school bus come at middle of Power Rangers, so I asked my mom to record with VHS.

Vuxovich

We would get the Ocean Group dub of the certain Sonic the Hedgehog anime had Fox Kids continued after 2002. On the unrelated note, the Ocean Group cast would be the ideal choice for the dub of Transformers: Car Robots in Disguise, given that most of the Hasbro media of the 1990s and the 2000s were voiced in Vancouver. I wonder. Why Saban didn't use the Ocean Group for the dub of the said Transformers anime?

GRPHX

At beginning, Fox Kids in the US was very popular until more competition came, especially Pokémon on Kids’ WB that led to demise of Fox Kids in 2002. If it wasn’t for Power Rangers, it would dies in mid to late 1990s, at least for the US.

That all I remember. :)

and of course, I was big fan of Power Rangers when they first aired on TV in 1993 but real annoying is school bus come at middle of Power Rangers, so I asked my mom to record with VHS.
Nobody understood. But the acquisition of Fox Kids by Disney is a cultural massacre.

Because Fox Kids was the only representative and heir of a school.
On its own, it reflected a style of art.

FOX KIDS was a well-established school whose origins begin with Friz Freleng and David H. DePatie.
This school started with DFE Enterprises and continued through Marvel Productions, DIC Audiovisuel, Creativite Et Developpement, Saban Entertainment (including the SIP/Paris unit) and New World Animation.

Later, Quebec-Canadian animation company CineGroupe became partially a part of this school.
Sometimes some Japanese companies, such as TMS Entertainment and Toei Company also contributed to the development of this school.

This school transferred the knowledge and experience of animation and music masters such as Andy Heyward, Jean Chalopin, Bruno Bianchi, Lee Gunther, Michael Wahl, Will Meugniot, Shuki Levy, Avi Arad, Haim Saban to the young and talented artists of the period. Such as John F. Semper, Scott D. Peterson, Rick Ungar, Larry Brody, Bill Kopp, Jim Benton, Michel Dax, Ron Wasserman, Noam Kaniel, Alain Garcia, Jean Chaville.

FOX KIDS was where all this information and knowledge is gathered. Jetix, for example, never had this originality. Especially Jetix's crappy DisneyTVA shows were bad Cartoon Network bootlegs.

Let's think now! What would have happened if Fox Kids and Saban Entertainment had not been purchased by Disney in 2001? There would be no loss other than "W.I.T.C.H." and "A.T.O.M.". In fact, the talented masters I mentioned above would produce better shows than these two shows. Murdoch would buy Saban's remaining shares on FFW. Under Murdoch's leadership, restructuring would occur. Fox Kids and Saban would completely merge. It would continue on its way stronger.

Murdoch would purchase Saban's remaining shares in FFW. Under Murdoch's leadership, restructuring would take place. Fox Kids and Saban would fully merge under the umbrella of 20th Century FOX. It would continue on its way much stronger than before. Saban's and Fox Kids' shows were popular around the world in 2001 before Disney axed it. Shows such as "Mad Jack the Pirate", "The Secret Files of the Spy Dogs", "Eek! The Cat" and "Life with Louie", which were unsuccessful in America, were very popular in overseas markets. We still have memories and even memes with them. You don't have it.

If Disney had never interfered in this business, the current Fox Kids library in 2001 would have become at least as popular as Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon over time. Perhaps Murdoch would also purchase Marvel to combine Marvel's cartoon archive with all remaining rights. During Disney's ownership of DIC from 1996 to 2000, it retained DIC's distinctive Franco-Japanese artstyle. However, it completely destroyed Saban (and therefore Marvel Productions and New World) and the distinctive Franco-Japanese art style that was representative of the same school.

A major school of art style that developed shows like Heathcliff, Inspector Gadget, Dennis the Menace, COPS, MASK, The Bots Master, King Arthur: Knight of Justice, Conan The Adventurer, G.I Joe, Dungenons&Dragons, X-Men:TAS, Eek! Cat, Tick, Spider-Man:TAS, Iznogoud, Walter Melon, Diabolik, Wunschpunsch, W.I.T.C.H. and A.T.O.M. was destroyed by Disney

Nowadays, former managers and writers of Saban International Paris/SIP Animation have moved to Marathon Media (Vincent Chavlon-Demersay) or ZAGToon (Jacqueline Tordjman), but the works produced by either companies do not represent this school.

This school ended with W.I.T.C.H. and A.T.O.M.
JPG_propaganda_dar_gorsel_uhd_original_downscaled.jpg

In order to increase the diversity of animations on Disney+, there should be more animations from this school on Disney+, excluding MARVEL shows.
Eastern Europe and Scandinavia is a market where 500-600 million people live. I don't think Disney has achieved the same success. You know my views on this matter.

It would have been different if Fox Kids had been sold to Disney in 2019. I think it is one of Disney's biggest competitors, along with CN and Nick. Moreover, Fox Kids existed before these 3 channels in many countries. Perhaps if it had not been sold in 2001 much better series could have been produced.

More importantly, if this were the case, Disney+ would also add Fox Kids shows when it launches. We're not getting any other shows right now other than Marvel and The Tick. These are not available in every country. There is no Disney+ in Russia anyway. Disney+ only cares about the American market.

img-8652-jpg.306546
I feel upset for Americans. Other than Batman : TAS, the emptiest Fox Kids and Jetix programming was in America. The shows you watched on Fox Family or UPN were part of our core programming. CineGroupe series such as The Kids From Room 402, Wunschpunsch, Princess Sissi, What's with Andy, Bad Dog and SABAN-FK EMEA shows such as Diabolik, Sweet Halley High, Princess Tenko, Walter Melon, The Adventures of Oliver Twist received very little airplay in America.
Some shows may have never even aired. (Such as Diabolik and/or A.T.O.M. Season 2)

The root of the whole problem was that Fox Kids was not a full-fledged channel. That's why your programming blocks have never seen more than Power Rangers and Digimon.
That's why the channel was not watched, the variety of shows never increased.
So it wasn't considered a profitable investment and they had to sell it to Disney.

Although some of these works (Diabolik, W.I.T.C.H., A.T.O.M., etc.) belong to Disney today, the fact that they are not on Disney+. This situtation shows that Disney is still the number one supporter of this cultural massacre.

* Hanna-Barbera, Fred Quimby, Tex Avery, school --->>> survived with Genndy Tartakovsky and Craig McCracken and continued with names like J.G. Quintel

* The Walt Disney
school has changed very little until today.

* After successful shows like "Ben 10 Classic" and "UAF", Man of Action turned to Omnish*tverse and Marvel animations. In this way he founded his own school. After Ultimate Alien he ***** everywhere. (OVS, B10Reboot, Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers Assemble, Hulk and the Agents of the SMASH!)
As a former Marvel writer, I wish he would at least be inspired by masters like Avi Arad and Rick Ungar. But he totally f*cked it up.

* You know Nickelodeon, they have an even worse school of art style than Cartoon Network.

But unfortunately, the Franco-Japanese Saban-Fox Kids art style school that started from DFE Enterprises has disappeared.

Last edited:

Moe

The competition killed Fox Kids in the US that led Fox sold Fox Kids to Disney, also Fox exhausted all options to improve Fox Kids and Fox Family. Shareholders have a lot of influences too.

There is no integrity check in place to ensure the Disney takes a good use of assets owned by Fox Family Worldwide, so it means Disney can destroy if they wanted.

Last edited:

GRPHX

I answered the question about whether Fox Kids was popular in the US and didn’t expect to see turn my post into condemnation against me, also you act like you know more than me.

I don’t appreciate to see you cut my name out of my quote. If you want to quote so you must include my name.

This thread is all about discussion, not debate and I’m not interested to debate on this matter.

It is fact that competition killed Fox Kids in the US that led Fox sold Fox Kids to Disney, also Fox exhausted all options to improve Fox Kids and Fox Family. Shareholders have a lot of influences too.

There is no integrity check in place to ensure the Disney takes a good use of assets owned by Fox Family Worldwide, so it means Disney can destroy if they wanted.

There is remind - this thread is all about Fox Kids and what happen if they continue to operate after 2002.
I tried adding your name to the quote. But it didn't happen. I sent a message this shape anyway. Condemnation? I'm sorry to say this, but you're being touchy right now.

Moe

I tried adding your name to the quote. But it didn't happen. I sent a message this shape anyway.
Ok, I can understand now.

Condemnation? I'm sorry to say this, but you're being touchy right now.
Some of your phrases sound like disagreement to my posts and made me puzzled. I’m tried to understand about what are you saying.

Had last major fight in other thread affect me that led to guard myself to ensure that fight don’t happen again. I acknowledge that you and I didn’t get along. I had to set a boundary and avoid replying to your posts if it cause the disagreement.

The fight affect members in forums and make much harder to get along in long run.

Alright, don’t worry and I can see now.

Vuxovich

I have heard that Transformers: Robots in Disguise was dubbed only in Italian, Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese and Croatian. Why was that? Was this because of Fox Kids' demise, restructuring or something like that?

Moe

If Fox Kids continue after 2002, Power Rangers would continue to air, so are multiple acquired shows and imported anime shows. That include TMNT ‘03, Sonic X, Kirby, F-Zero and others air under Fox Kids brand, rather than FoxBox.

I have heard that Transformers: Robots in Disguise was dubbed only in Italian, Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese and Croatian. Why was that? Was this because of Fox Kids' demise, restructuring or something like that?
I guess that Fox Kids is cheap with dubbing since they gave very low budget.

Igorov

I feel upset for Americans. Other than Batman : TAS, the emptiest Fox Kids and Jetix programming was in America. The shows you watched on Fox Family or UPN were part of our core programming. CineGroupe series such as The Kids From Room 402, Wunschpunsch, Princess Sissi, What's with Andy, Bad Dog and SABAN-FK EMEA shows such as Diabolik, Sweet Halley High, Princess Tenko, Walter Melon, The Adventures of Oliver Twist received very little airplay in America.
Some shows may have never even aired. (Such as Diabolik and/or A.T.O.M. Season 2)

The root of the whole problem was that Fox Kids was not a full-fledged channel. That's why your programming blocks have never seen more than Power Rangers and Digimon.
That's why the channel was not watched, the variety of shows never increased.
So it wasn't considered a profitable investment and they had to sell it to Disney.

Although some of these works (Diabolik, W.I.T.C.H., A.T.O.M., etc.) belong to Disney today, the fact that they are not on Disney+. This situtation shows that Disney is still the number one supporter of this cultural massacre.

* Hanna-Barbera, Fred Quimby, Tex Avery, school --->>> survived with Genndy Tartakovsky and Craig McCracken and continued with names like J.G. Quintel

* The Walt Disney
school has changed very little until today.

* After successful shows like "Ben 10 Classic" and "UAF", Man of Action turned to Omnish*tverse and Marvel animations. In this way he founded his own school. After Ultimate Alien he ***** everywhere. (OVS, B10Reboot, Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers Assemble, Hulk and the Agents of the SMASH!)
As a former Marvel writer, I wish he would at least be inspired by masters like Avi Arad and Rick Ungar. But he totally f*cked it up.

* You know Nickelodeon, they have an even worse school of art style than Cartoon Network.

But unfortunately, the Franco-Japanese Saban-Fox Kids art style school that started from DFE Enterprises has disappeared.

Maybe that's the problem. Even though Fox Kids was a US brand, many shows were not available there. Some shows were broadcast for a very short time. That's why they weren't too keen on adding these shows to Disney+.

Moe

Maybe that's the problem. Even though Fox Kids was a US brand, many shows were not available there. Some shows were broadcast for a very short time. That's why they weren't too keen on adding these shows to Disney+.
Most of Fox Kids shows would end up on Hulu by now if it wasn't sold to Disney in 2001 and 2019, and 20th Century continue to be owned by Fox.

If Fox Kids existed after 2002, it could have Fox Kids Hub in Hulu and of course, Power Rangers would be there too.

Igorov

Most of Fox Kids shows would end up on Hulu by now if it wasn't sold to Disney in 2001 and 2019, and 20th Century continue to be owned by Fox.

If Fox Kids existed after 2002, it could have Fox Kids Hub in Hulu and of course, Power Rangers would be there too.
It probably would have been. Disney destroyed its entire legacy by purchasing one of its biggest competitors. Even the remaining Marvel series from Fox Kids are presented with terrible image quality on Disney +. If it were in Fox's hands, we could even watch Spider-Man TAS in its remastered form. However, in Max, DC series are presented in remastered form.

Moe

It probably would have been. Disney destroyed its entire legacy by purchasing one of its biggest competitors.
Yes, corporate greed at finest. Also, Disney is extremely unfriendly to physical media releases (DVD/Blu-ray).

I feel bad for collectors.

Even the remaining Marvel series from Fox Kids are presented with terrible image quality on Disney +.
I agree with you, I can tell that their picture quality is terrible - looks very raw SD quality and completely unremastered. It make feel like I'm watching show on VHS.

However, I'm big fan of retro drama shows from 1950s to 1990s (The A-Team, Knight Rider, Police Story, The Mod Squad, Rockford Files, Hawaii Five-O 1968 series and others) re-run on broadcast TV and sometime on DVD, I'm used to terrible unremastered picture quality. If in HD, they should be remastered completely.

In the US, you would find a lot of free digital subchannels like MeTV, H&I, Antenna TV, Cozi, Get and others - they usually air in SD and often unremastered for rerun of old shows.

If it were in Fox's hands, we could even watch Spider-Man TAS in its remastered form. However, in Max, DC series are presented in remastered form.
Yeah, WB did excellent job with remaster old shows that cannot be said same for old Disney and Fox Kids/Jetix shows. Fox is good too, after saw remastered X-Files and The Simpsons, despite cropped into 16:9 screen.

harry580

If Fox Kids had continued beyond 2002 and if Disney hadn't purchased Fox Entertainment, there might have been a Fox streaming service with Fox Kids as one of it's windows, or at the very least, some shows from the Fox Kids library might be streaming on Hulu.
yeah, if only news corporation cared about the family animation side of fox (fox kids, fox animation studios, blue sky studios)

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts