What if Fox Kids continued after 2002?

Moe

given fx has a production company, maybe fxf can have a production company doing the shows & animated series on the network,Having experienced animators from shows like the Simpsons, Family guy, Bob Burgers could help fxf when it comes to producing new content. A lot of these guys have experience in working in animation for a very long time and now having the opportunity to produce content for fox kids/fxf could open a whole new type of era for fox kids/fxf and animation as a whole. Blue Sky Studios was owned by Fox at the time so I know for a fact that fox kids/fxf would have an Ice Age or Rio animated series in the works as well
That isn't going to be same as Nickelodeon, Disney and Cartoon Network since Fox Family Channel is more of leaning to Hallmark that is family friendly channel.

Like I said competition already toasted Fox Kids and Fox Family Channel, so I'm saying if Disney hasn't bought and owned Fox Family Worldwide in 2001, so Fox made a change to maintain a better survivability for Fox Kids and Fox Family Channel. You went too further and assumed that was successful, but my post is based on current state of Fox Kids and Fox Family Channel in 2001.

sorry for going off topic, back to your regular fox kids what if programming
Fox Kids and Fox Family Channel are part of same family.

If after 2002, Fox Kids wouldn't be rebranded as FoxBox and continue to run as Fox Kids with changes in programming, so more anime shows.

Last edited:

Two Two's

I've got an electric shaver!
There's 3 versions of FK that could of happened

Timeline 1: DIC's FK

In September 2002, the Fox Kids block as we know it would undergo some extreme changes. Nearly every program from the 2001-2002 lineup is moved to Toon Disney or ABC Family for new episodes and or reruns. Fox Kids is renamed to the The Incredible of DIC and would air in the same slot and have a weekday morning hour slot to suit affiliates with E/I.

An example of what the schedule would look like in it's first season

Weekdays:

7:00AM: Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century (E/I)
7:30AM: Stargate Infinity (E/I)

Saturdays
8:00AM: Sonic Underground
8:30AM: Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century (E/I)
9:00AM: Archie's Weird Mysteries
9:30AM: Stargate Infinity (E/I)
10:00AM: Alienators: Evolution Continues (The only remaining FK remains of this block)
10:30AM: Super Duper Sumos
11:00AM: Gadget and The Gadgetinis
11:30AM: Sabrina: The Animated Series

This block would probably give 4K!DS an incentive to move their programs towards Kids WB! and to some extent, Syndication. The DIC block itself would probably have shows go into rotation every once in a while. I assume the block would die out at around 2005-2006 time where DIC would lose interest in Fox and Fox would just give their slot to someone else or let affiliates decide

Timeline 2: Nelvana's FK

Nelvana was indeed one of the companies that were highly interested in the Fox Saturday Morning slot. I think Nelvana would see this chance to redo their mistakes with the CBS Kidshow and bring more action orientated shows to the block like Medabots, Cardcaptors and of course, Beyblade. 4K!DS would focus more on Kids WB and probably earn a small stake in the blocks revenue at this time

An example of what could of been

8:00AM: Pecola (E/I)
8:30AM: Braceface
9:00AM: Flying Rhino Junior High (Out of all the CBS Kidshow programs, this is the most likely)
9:30AM: Beyblade
10:00AM: Medabots
11:00AM: Cardcaptors
11:30AM: Beyblade

Now this FK would probably not last due to most of the lineup being reruns or programs that just didn't fit the network in the slightest and most of Nelvana's progamming would shift towards Nick Jr on CBS... woe is me!

Timeline 3: Fox Family sticks around.

Now this timeline could of benefitted both ends as Fox Family would probably strike a deal with 4K!DS for their programs to be shown on the Saturday slot. With that, Fox Family would now be fully owned by Fox and as such, Fox would see this chance to bring back the weekday slot! With that, Fox decides to pick up Poochini's Yard and Stargate Infinity

2001-2002 shows moved to Fox Family

- The New Woody Woodpecker Show (Season 3 would air on Fox Family, reruns until 2007.)
- Transformers: Robots in Disguise (Reruns until 2009.)
- Alienators: Evolution Continues (Reruns until 2009.)

Weekday Slot
2:00PM: (Monday)/Life with Louie (E/I)/(Tuesday-Thursday)/Gadget and the Gadgetinis/(Friday)/Mon Colle Knights
2:30PM: Fighting Foodons
3:00PM: Ultraman Tiga
3:30PM: Digimon Tamers (later on Frontier)

Saturday

8:00AM: Poochini's Yard
8:30AM: Power Rangers Wild Force (later Ninja Storm)
9:00AM: Kirby Right Back At Ya!
9:30AM: Ultraman Tiga
10:00AM: Digimon Frontier
10:30AM: Ultimate Muscle
11:00AM: Stargate Infinity (E/I)
11:30AM: Fighting Foodons

This deal would prove VERY successful for 4K!DS. Programs are exchanged between the two entities and Fox Family airs 4K!DS content.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
I have an idea for Fox Kids' 2002-2003 season. This assumes that Fox doesn't sell Fox Family (instead buying out Saban's stake). Also, the weekday block is still scrapped to appease affiliates, instead focusing more on Fox Family. A few pickups from studios Fox Kids had connections with at the time. Inspiration from international Fox Kids, the ABC Family action block, and stuff Fox Kids USA had planned before the sell-off. And yes, a little bit of FoxBox.

WEEKDAY MORNING STRIP (E/I)

Monday and Thursday: Archie's Weird Mysteries
Tuesday and Friday: Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century
Wednesday: Stargate Infinity

Although the weekday block was gone, Fox Kids would still provide a half-hour of weekday programming to affiliates, solely for E/I purposes. Rather than air Magic School Bus, Fox Kids would partner up with DiC to provide more action-oriented E/I shows more fitting of the Fox Kids brand. Of note is the return of a previous Fox Kids series, the Fox Kids premiere of its intended companion series (Holmes was originally supposed to air on PAX alongside Archie), and repeats of Saturday's E/I show.

FALL SATURDAYS

8 AM: Stargate Infinity (E/I)
8:30 AM: Power Rangers Wild Force
9 AM: Beyblade
9:30 AM: Digimon: Digital Monsters
10 AM: Speed Racer X
10:30 AM: Buffy: The Animated Series
11 AM: Transformers Armada
11:30 AM: Digimon: Digital Monsters

Explanations:
  • Power Rangers and Digimon are, obviously, Fox Kids staples.
  • Transformers Armada is, in this timeline, dubbed by Saban (or its successor) much like Robots in Disguise, continuing the Transformers streak Fox Kids had been on for the past few years.
  • Stargate Infinity was on the FoxBox's launch schedule, made by DiC, and provided E/I content for Saturdays (since the main block was only one day a week and the weekday strip only totaled two and a half hours, this would provide the full three hours of weekly E/I the FCC required).
  • Speed Racer X was also provided by DiC, and in our timeline, the original show ended up on Fox's Speed Channel in 2003 (when it, too, was being distributed by DiC). So it airs here instead of Nickelodeon's ill-fated SLAM.
  • Beyblade aired on the ABC Family action block, was dubbed by Nelvana (who also dubbed Medabots), and was based on a toy by Takara and Hasbro (creators of Transformers).
  • Medabots continues, though is moved to Fox Family, as is Shinzo (ya JUST missed it; it premiered back in July)
  • Buffy: The Animated Series was set to be Fox Kids' big show for 2002- based on the popular TV show, high budget, and even produced in-house. As such, it gets a prime slot- 10:30 AM, a weak point in Kids' WB!'s line-up between Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh! After Fox Kids went under, Fox couldn't sell it to anyone else. Shame.

WINTER SATURDAYS

8:30 AM: Digimon: Digital Monsters
9:30 AM: Power Rangers Hexagon
10 AM: Totally Spies!
11 AM: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
11:30 AM: Transformers Armada

Explanations:
  • The new Digimon season was Digimon Frontier, which proved controversial and ended up killing the anime for a while. It's "punished" by being slimmed down to one slot and bumped back to 8:30.
  • Power Rangers Hexagon was the original version of what became Ninja Storm, a tenth anniversary season with two rival teams of Rangers- the official, semi-authoritatian Hexagon Rangers (read: Ninja Rangers), mentored by the ever-popular Tommy Oliver, and the rebellious Beetle Rangers (read: Thunder Rangers with a dark yellow ranger, and either Navy or Dark Yellow is a girl), mentored by original Red Ranger Jason Lee Scott. The central marketing focus for the season would be the conflict between the two teams, with "Which side are you on?" driving it all.
  • Speed Racer X still gets taken out by the lawsuit between DiC and Speed Racer Enterprises. Reruns continue on Fox Family.
  • Fox Family's Totally Spies is added to fill the 10 AM slot, forming a girl-oriented hour alongside Buffy, while not being too major because of course Pokémon is going to bodyslam it in the ratings. Expect more Fox Family series in the future.
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is 4Kids' introduction to the world of Fox Kids. While it did air on many Fox Kids stations internationally, the main reason it's here is because both Kids' WB! and Cartoon Network rejected potential Ninja Turtles series in the early 2000s, and the idea was too big and notable to air on something like SLAM (where I feel stuff like Ultraman Tiga would air). So here it is.
    • Specifically, I feel Fighting Foodons and Ultraman Tiga would air on SLAM, Kirby would air on Kids' WB! replacing Ozzy and Drix (because Osmosis Jones bombed), and Ultimate Muscle would join the Toonami lineup.
If you wanna see more, I got plenty of ideas in the works.

harry580

or maybe foxbox would still have happen, but its be on fox family as their answer to toonami, meaning ozzy & drix would still happen

anyways:
I believe that fox kids would have pick up zoomates from Seth Macfarlane and ran for 2 seasons before being cancelled in favor of american dad & the family guy revival

Two Two's

or maybe foxbox would still have happen, but its be on fox family as their answer to toonami, meaning ozzy & drix would still happen

anyways:
I believe that fox kids would have pick up zoomates from Seth Macfarlane and ran for 2 seasons before being cancelled in favor of american dad & the family guy revival
I still think Family Guy's revival would happen. It was THAT popular on DVD and [adult swim] for them to not ignore...

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
Yeah, I doubt it. 4Kids only started dealing with Fox when Fox was looking to get out of kidvid. Now that they're in, I still see it happening, but it starts with TMNT, a show neither Kids' WB (its usual partner) or CN (KWB's sister channel) wanted, and was too big to dump on, say, Nickelodeon SLAM. 4Kids would still focus on Kids' WB in this timeline, but would give Fox stuff if they were interested.
anyways:
I dunno about Zoomates, but I do believe some Family Guy staff (from season 3, back when it was at Fox Television Animation for the first time but before cancellation) would make some shows for Fox Kids and Fox Family. This includes...
  • Dan Povenmire, co-creator of Phineas and Ferb, which he was pitching for YEARS before Disney (and even got close to getting it on Fox Kids shortly before Saban took over)
  • Rob Renzetti, creator of Teenage Robot. The series was only greenlit at Nick in early 2002, so maybe Fox could have time to pick it up if they took control of FF in October 2001, when they sold to Disney in our timeline (or maybe even July, when the sale was planned in our timeline). This would also start a relationship with Frederator, and thus potentially allow them to pick up Adventure Time when Nickelodeon rejects it.
  • Michael Dante DiMartino, co-creator of Avatar: The Last Airbender (!!!)

Two Two's

Fox Family Schedule in 2003 in this timeline

6:00AM: The Kids From Room 402
6:30AM: What's With Andy?
7:00AM: Big Guy & Rusty The Boy Robot
7:30AM: X-Men
8:00AM: Spiderman: TAS
8:30AM: NASCAR Racers
9:00AM: Mon Colle Knights
9:30AM: Inspector Gadget
10:00AM: Garfield and Friends (X2)
11:00AM: The New Woody Woodpecker Show
12:00PM: Best of Power Rangers
1:00PM: Totally Spies (X2)
2:00PM: Medabots
2:30PM: Digimon
3:00PM: Braceface
3:30PM: Fighting Foodons
4:00PM: Gadget and The Gadgetinis
4:30PM: Digimon
5:00PM: Freaks & Geeks
5:30PM: Two of A Kind
6:00PM: The Wonder Years
6:30PM: Family Matters (here the rights are given much earlier)
7:00PM: Movie
9:00PM: Family Matters
9:30PM: Da Mob
10:00PM: Firefly
11:00PM: 700 Club
12:00AM: Paid Progamming
5:00AM: 700 Club

Two Two's

I have an idea for Fox Kids' 2002-2003 season. This assumes that Fox doesn't sell Fox Family (instead buying out Saban's stake). Also, the weekday block is still scrapped to appease affiliates, instead focusing more on Fox Family. A few pickups from studios Fox Kids had connections with at the time. Inspiration from international Fox Kids, the ABC Family action block, and stuff Fox Kids USA had planned before the sell-off. And yes, a little bit of FoxBox.

Although the weekday block was gone, Fox Kids would still provide a half-hour of weekday programming to affiliates, solely for E/I purposes. Rather than air Magic School Bus, Fox Kids would partner up with DiC to provide more action-oriented E/I shows more fitting of the Fox Kids brand. Of note is the return of a previous Fox Kids series, the Fox Kids premiere of its intended companion series (Holmes was originally supposed to air on PAX alongside Archie), and repeats of Saturday's E/I show.

FALL SATURDAYS

Explanations:
  • Transformers Armada is, in this timeline, dubbed by Saban (or its successor) much like Robots in Disguise, continuing the Transformers streak Fox Kids had been on for the past few years.
  • Stargate Infinity was on the FoxBox's launch schedule, made by DiC, and provided E/I content for Saturdays (since the main block was only one day a week and the weekday strip only totaled two and a half hours, this would provide the full three hours of weekly E/I the FCC required).
  • Speed Racer X was also provided by DiC, and in our timeline, the original show ended up on Fox's Speed Channel in 2003 (when it, too, was being distributed by DiC). So it airs here instead of Nickelodeon's ill-fated SLAM.
  • Beyblade aired on the ABC Family action block, was dubbed by Nelvana (who also dubbed Medabots), and was based on a toy by Takara and Hasbro (creators of Transformers).
  • Medabots continues, though is moved to Fox Family, as is Shinzo (ya JUST missed it; it premiered back in July)
  • Buffy: The Animated Series was set to be Fox Kids' big show for 2002- based on the popular TV show, high budget, and even produced in-house. As such, it gets a prime slot- 10:30 AM, a weak point in Kids' WB!'s line-up between Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh! After Fox Kids went under, Fox couldn't sell it to anyone else. Shame.

WINTER SATURDAYS

Explanations:
  • The new Digimon season was Digimon Frontier, which proved controversial and ended up killing the anime for a while. It's "punished" by being slimmed down to one slot and bumped back to 8:30.
  • Power Rangers Hexagon was the original version of what became Ninja Storm, a tenth anniversary season with two rival teams of Rangers- the official, semi-authoritatian Hexagon Rangers (read: Ninja Rangers), mentored by the ever-popular Tommy Oliver, and the rebellious Beetle Rangers (read: Thunder Rangers with a dark yellow ranger, and either Navy or Dark Yellow is a girl), mentored by original Red Ranger Jason Lee Scott. The central marketing focus for the season would be the conflict between the two teams, with "Which side are you on?" driving it all.
  • Speed Racer X still gets taken out by the lawsuit between DiC and Speed Racer Enterprises. Reruns continue on Fox Family.
  • Fox Family's Totally Spies is added to fill the 10 AM slot, forming a girl-oriented hour alongside Buffy, while not being too major because of course Pokémon is going to bodyslam it in the ratings. Expect more Fox Family series in the future.
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is 4Kids' introduction to the world of Fox Kids. While it did air on many Fox Kids stations internationally, the main reason it's here is because both Kids' WB! and Cartoon Network rejected potential Ninja Turtles series in the early 2000s, and the idea was too big and notable to air on something like SLAM (where I feel stuff like Ultraman Tiga would air). So here it is.
    • Specifically, I feel Fighting Foodons and Ultraman Tiga would air on SLAM, Kirby would air on Kids' WB! replacing Ozzy and Drix (because Osmosis Jones bombed), and Ultimate Muscle would join the Toonami lineup.
What would happen to the FK shows from Spring/Summer 2002 that didn't make the cut? Would Fox be bothered to air last few episodes of Mon Colle Knights and the last season of the Woody Woodpecker Show?

Otakuninja2006

FALL SATURDAYS

Explanations:

WINTER SATURDAYS

Explanations:
That's actually pretty good. I'd like to see more of this. And how would Ultimate Muscle work on Toonami? It probably wouldn't be as censored because of the cable factor alone(FUN FACT: 4Kids didn't really want to cut their shows they way they did, but Fox BS&P forced them to. Here, there's a probable chance UM and potentially Shaman King gets a better fate).

Two Two's

Sometime in 2001, Murdoch would buy all of FOX Family Worldwide and supply the channel with FOX content, boosting the channel slightly but.............

The NEW Fox Kids!

WEEKDAY AFTERNOON STRIP​

2:00PM: Life with Louie (E/I) (Mondays)/The New Woody Woodpecker Show (Tue-Thur)/Action Man (Fri)
2:30PM: Transformers: Robots in Disguise
3:00PM: Power Rangers Time Force
3:30PM: Digimon

This version doesn't change but the Saturday block does.

SATURDAY MORNING STRIP​

outside of Medabots, Digimon and Power Rangers.

Affiliates can DECIDE what show they air during these slots! over 3 choices

Choice 1Choice 2Choice 3
The Why Why Family (E/I)Alienators: Evolution ContinuesThe New Woody Woodpecker Show
Magic School Bus (E/I)The Ripping FriendsAngela Anaconda
Monster RancherMoolah Beach (Later replaced by Mon Colle Knights.)What's With Andy?

The vast majority of affiliates chose Choice 1, as a singular 30 minute slot for Life with Louie didn't suit affiliates.

In terms of popularity

Choice 1>Choice 2>>>Choice 3

In Spring 2002, this choice would be updated.

Choice 1Choice 2Choice 3
The Why Why Family (E/I)Alienators: Evolution ContinuesThe New Woody Woodpecker Show
Magic School Bus (E/I)Tama and Friends (E/I)Zazoo U (E/I)
Sherlock Holmes in The 22nd Century (E/I)Mon Colle KnightsWhat's With Andy?

harry580

I feel like fox family would have easily been reworked as a nickelodeon inspired network that be like the hub before the hub with original shows like zoomates & shows based on 20th century fox movies like ice age & rio (700 club gets moved to Fox News with nick at nite inspired block with the shows moe mentioned like: Full House, Dinosaurs, The Nanny, The Golden Girls, Family Matters, Step by Step, etc. Game shows would be Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, Supermarket Sweep, The Price Is Right and others. Drama shows may be possible for the nick at nite inspired block like Remington Steele, Murder, She Wrote, Emergency! and Hart to Hart)

harry580

I imagine a what if scenario if fox kids was still around, after disney bought out fox family worldwide, news corporation would have to keep the shows produced by 20th century fox television for fox kids and announced they be launching a new family channel as a joint venture with 4kids & cinegroupe and it will features original programming produced by 20th century fox television, news corp goes states that its was haim saban for the failure and that they making a new channel without haim saban involvement so in this timeline, only saban entertainment, the dubbed anime stuff like digimon, sip animation, marvel productions and the fox family channel got sold to disney but fox keeps the fox kids shows

JulianRO

Either way, we have to acknowledge that Fox Kids and its library are long dead because of Disney.

I really regret that they sold it to them and not to DiC.

harry580

Yeah, but it would still get acquired by Disney later in 2019.
but the only difference is that news corp/21st century fox would still care for the library more with disney helping the library for disney plus since the shows will still be remembered like nickelodeon & cartoon network shows, I mean, news corp/21st century fox still care for the classic simpsons so maybe the same would imply to the fox kids shows

Two Two's

Realistically, FOX could of just bought their entire stake into the FOX Family Channel and with that get the Saban library. Would of made sense and probably saved them a ton. They probably just took the easy route and instead sell it for money to buy more stuff.

Moe

If Fox Kids still run today - we will see newer seasons of Power Rangers, anime shows, Bobby's World rerun and other animated shows.

I wish that Saturday morning cartoon blocks don't die and I blame on strict E/I requirement for doomed this block.

Many cord cutters, even millennials receive OTA channels via antenna and they easily remember Fox Kids brand.

Two Two's

If Fox Kids still run today - we will see newer seasons of Power Rangers, anime shows, Bobby's World rerun and other animated shows.

I wish that Saturday morning cartoon blocks don't die and I blame on strict E/I requirement for doomed this block.

Many cord cutters, even millennials receive OTA channels via antenna and they easily remember Fox Kids brand.
The E/I requirement was 100% the nail in the glass coffin for FOX Kids, they had little to no E/I shows until 1998; when the Magic School Bus premiered on the block and even then it wasn't really an FK show and wasn't apart of their actual weekday morning/afternoon offerings.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts