What if Fox Kids continued after 2002?

Moe

The E/I requirement was 100% the nail in the glass coffin for FOX Kids, they had little to no E/I shows until 1998; when the Magic School Bus premiered on the block and even then it wasn't really an FK show and wasn't apart of their actual weekday morning/afternoon offerings.
Yeah, agreed and I enjoyed watch The Magic School Bus when they aired on PBS in 1995 when we had no cable for while. I read their books and checked out of school library - they got awesome artwork.

Fox Kids was my primary and Kids' WB was new as I discovered. The Disney Afternoon came and go, move from syndication to syndication that was confusion, so when we got cable TV with The Disney Channel, I was able to see rerun of Disney Afternoon shows that I missed because it wasn't carried by station.

If Fox don't overdependence with Power Rangers, we would see more better TV shows based on Fox IP. Power Rangers is basically SpongeBob for Nickelodeon because of higher rating that lead Fox depends on them.

Two Two's

I've got an electric shaver!
Yeah, agreed and I enjoyed watch The Magic School Bus when they aired on PBS in 1995 when we had no cable for while. I read their books and checked out of school library - they got awesome artwork.

Fox Kids was my primary and Kids' WB was new as I discovered. The Disney Afternoon came and go, move from syndication to syndication that was confusion, so when we got cable TV with The Disney Channel, I was able to see rerun of Disney Afternoon shows that I missed because it wasn't carried by station.

If Fox don't overdependence with Power Rangers, we would see more better TV shows based on Fox IP. Power Rangers is basically SpongeBob for Nickelodeon because of higher rating that lead Fox depends on them.
It just wasn't Power Rangers to be honest, it was also the pet monster trend of the end of millenium and start of the new one. Not to mention the failure of the FOX Family Channel that drove Saban/News Corp to sell the channel/library. Realistically, FOX could of just saved FFW by buying it whole and keeping the library for themselves.

Reactions: Moe

harry580

@Moe like shows based on fox ip like ice age, rio, diary of a wimpy kid, percy jackson, night at the museum, sandlot, home alone & maybe avp

and also, what about the marvel animations library if fox did buy fox family worldwide in whole, would fox sell the marvel animations library back to marvel?

Last edited:

Moe

@Moe like shows based on fox ip like ice age, rio, diary of a wimpy kid, percy jackson, night at the museum, sandlot, home alone & maybe avp
Back in 1990s, it would be Sandlot, Home Alone, The Simpsons, Baby's Day Out, Alien, Die Hard, True Lies, Independence Day and others.

Fox had potential to make TV series based on Blue Sky Studios in 2000s, but they didn't do anything.

and also, what about the marvel animations library if fox did buy fox family worldwide in whole, would fox sell the marvel animations library back to marvel?
Yes and no, depends on a luck. WB and WBD didn't sell The Fantastic Four (1967 series) to Disney. Prior to acquisition, Fox won't sell first Star Wars nor X-Men to Disney, so high chance that Fox would vault all of those animated Marvel shows if Disney didn't buy FFW at first place.

harry580

@Moe, so, fox just copying the turning r rated movies into kids cartoons rule (only for the ones you mentioned) if fox had went their way, and also creating a Simpsons spin off for fox kids (which the other user did mentioned but I didn't find it)

if that's the case, that means fox would release saban marvel cartoons until 2009/2010 to which they stop doing it after disney bought marvel

and also, a rio tv series would go to feel like vibe in Brazil if that had been made for fox kids

Moe

if that's the case, that means fox would release saban marvel cartoons until 2009/2010 to which they stop doing it after disney bought marvel
Saban based Marvel shows got largely wind down after Spider-man Unlimited flopped and The Avengers: United They Stand got cancelled after first season, as X-Men: Evolution isn't made by Saban and went to Kids' WB instead.

It is unlikely to see Marvel shows made by Saban to be continue after final episodes of Spider-Man Unlimited aired in 2001, as Marvel shows went to mix of cable and other OTA network like MTV, The CW, Nicktoons and Cartoon Network, unless Fox Kids ink on deal with new Marvel shows that isn't made by Saban.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts