What Marvel Cartoon do you want to see?

Which Marvel Super-hero do you most want to see in their own show?

• The Avengers

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Captain America

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Thor

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Daredevil

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Namor the Sub-Mariner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Punisher

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crash

Beta Ray Bill!

...Not really. IBut it would be a really catchy name for a show...

Hypestyle

Oh... if someone at Marvel studios can get Matt Groening, Mike Judge, or Seth Macfarlane involved, Howard the Duck could be another animated show on Fox.. get some really good writers (RIP Steve Gerber), and they could base lots of stories off the original comics.. the semi-adult satire, the adventure, crazy situations, maybe some C-list marvel cameos here and there..

voice of Howard- Adam Carolla?
Beverly- ?

Nygma

- The Hobgoblin before the Green Goblin.
And yet the Hobgoblin was an awesome villain. There's no law in the Marvel geneva convention saying that The Green Goblin MUST appear first. Is there?
- Horrendous voice acting, especially Mary Jane.
I love how you use the worst example of all as a scapegoat to back up your claims. And the likes of Chris Barnes, Roscoe Lee Brown, Ed Asner, Neil Ross, Jim Cummings, Mark Hamill, and others could hold their own; and they weren't blind sheep that needed proper guidance from a voice director.
- 90% of the series being stock footage.
I'd say it was more around 70-80%.
- No Gwen Stacy.
- No Betty Brant.
Okay now it feels like your reaching, no they weren't in the series(well technically Gwen was in the last episode), but that's not even merit to call the series crap. It would be like me complaining about Spectacular Spider-Man's lack of using Spidey's Spider-sense, and calling it a major detriment to the series.
- Electro being the Red Skull's son.
Seriously, what is everybody's problem with this? Am I the only one who didn't mind this? It's not like the show needed another lackey for a villain. And it's not like Electro's characterization in medium's before this stood out, amongst everyone else's.[/quote]
- Lame dimensional portals!
I wouldn't call them lame, more like a minor gripe because the networks wouldn't allow killing.
- Norman Osborn being the Kingpin's whiny *****.
That's more of a personal gripe, than a detriment; IMO it made the dynamic between The Goblin and Norman more interesting.
- Doc Ock being Kingpin's butt monkey.
Yeah I wasn't too fond of Ock's previous characterization being forgotten. Along with Scorpion, Smythe, and Herbert Landon.
- Tombstone's Joker rip-off origin.
That's hardly merit to hold against the series as a whole. Considering how many episodes he was in. If he were in too many episodes like Morbius, you might have a point.
- Crappy CGI backgrounds.
What you never saw the CGI in Justice League Season's 1 & 2. This was much better than that.
- Super Soldier Black Cat.
It was better than the lame bad luck powers IMO.
- Anna Watson being a mean old harpy.
I'll agree that Anna was REALLY annoying, yes I get why they did this. But it was her ONLY defining feature.
- Giant "Uber Cool" Goblin Glider that just so happened to be a $30 toy on the shelves.
That's a gripe to hold against the toy company, not the show.
- Dormmamu and Morbius being way too prominent.
I'll agree on that but I wouldn't call the episodes terrible. You might but that's your opinion.
- Madame Web with crazy Beyonder powers.
My gripe with Madame Web was more to do with her arrogance. And making Spidey look stupid.
- That lame, lame, LAME series finale.
It would probably help if you backed up your claim with details.
- Hydro Mary Jane!
Ugghhh... don't remind me.:shrug:
- Bad forced angst!
You want bad forced angst, go and watch the overrated Teen Titans Aftershock, 2 parter. IMO that's the definition of forced angst.
- Stupid lame portrayal of vampirism!
Agreed, this should've never made it past the concept stage. But I'm guessing Semper had a hard on to get Blade as a guest star. Doesn't mean it should've happened.
- No proper resolution at the end, at all!
Yeah, that pissed me off as well. Even more after Semper's lame excuse.
- No Sandman!
See my point about Gwen and Betty. Besides, given how the visuals were hit and miss past season 1, is seeing Sandman animated something you would've wanted to see?
- Overabundance of guest stars!
That's actually one of the things I liked about the show. Sure some didn't work out as well as others. But it was one of those once in a lifetime opportunities to sort of create a Marvel animated universe right in Spidey's back yard.

Look I'm not trying to defend every single mistake Semper made. In fact I find Semper to be more arrogant than Madame Web. But it feels like your picking out nitpicks, then turning those mole hills into mountains.

Max

The Mighty One
Just for the record...I back up ESE150 and Nygma in everything they said.

(Mod Note: Please keep this thread on-topic, please. Thank you.)

Miyamoto Musashi

Law Enforcer
Fellow members I opened a thread to discuss the difference between "SSM" & "TAS", please don't talk about the differences out of that thread.

Howard the Duck sounds good.

Joe Wagner

The one, true Scarlet Spider!
I'm going to go with other here.

- Scarlet Spider - following the clone of Spider-Man as he sets out to make a life for himself. The series would follow a traveling Ben Reilly around the country as he encounters various heroes and villians while attempting to build his own legacy. The series finale would feature Spider-Man in a two-parter when Ben is forced to return to NYC to stop Carnage and company. (Not only do I think this show would be awesome, but I'm a huge Scarlet Spider fan).

- Nova - Following the plot line of Annihilation, the series would focus on Rich Rider becoming the sole owner of the Nova force and his mission to prevent the invasion of Annihilus. The show would feature guest spots by Quasar, Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, Super-Skrull, Drax the Destroyer, the Guardians of the Galaxy and the SpaceKnights.

-Joe!

tedcassidy

I'm going to go with other here.

- Scarlet Spider - following the clone of Spider-Man as he sets out to make a life for himself. The series would follow a traveling Ben Reilly around the country as he encounters various heroes and villians while attempting to build his own legacy. The series finale would feature Spider-Man in a two-parter when Ben is forced to return to NYC to stop Carnage and company. (Not only do I think this show would be awesome, but I'm a huge Scarlet Spider fan).

- Nova - Following the plot line of Annihilation, the series would focus on Rich Rider becoming the sole owner of the Nova force and his mission to prevent the invasion of Annihilus. The show would feature guest spots by Quasar, Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, Super-Skrull, Drax the Destroyer, the Guardians of the Galaxy and the SpaceKnights.

-Joe!

And Imperial Guard guest spots too!!!:D

Miyamoto Musashi

Law Enforcer
This is going to be another "Spider-Man" cartoon (you can't say no to that, Ben Reilly is still Peter Parker with a different name and suit even if he's not the real one), some people are tired of seeing new Spider-Man cartoons.

Of course; the idea of "Nova" isn't so bad, and it'll be good to have DareDevil and NighThrasher guest starring.

Kenny E. McCall

We fight like cats!
Yo, I would love to see a Captain America cartoon myself, especially with the way America has been treated in the media as a result of the Iraq war.

Captain America could be the rallying point that could help fans get back into the patriotic spirit, and a movie/animated series would be the ticket.

But one series I would love to see is Dazzler. Think of her as Jem if she was a mutant. Hell, Alison Blaire predates Jerrica Benton by about five years, and still Ali has never gotten an animated series of her own, only two appearances in two X-Men animated series in the past!

Imagine the stuff you can do with her and her mutant powers, other than having the pop/rock music goddess angle. Also, the thing that separates Dazzler from her pink-haired counterpart is that Ali would be fighting real Marvel supervillains without the use of other people or a computer like Jem has done in her own series.

Finally, the show would focus on only Alison and her life as a superheroic rock music star in the first season. And, if the show does well, expect maybe some cameos by other Marvel superheroes (including the X-Men, natch!) in the second season.

It also gives me an excuse to put someone like Britta Phillips to work as both the speaking and singing voice of Alison/Dazzler, since she's doing a good job on Moral Orel anyway.

Max

The Mighty One
But one series I would love to see is Dazzler. Think of her as Jem if she was a mutant. Hell, Alison Blaire predates Jerrica Benton by about five years, and still Ali has never gotten an animated series of her own, only two appearances in two X-Men animated series in the past!

Imagine the stuff you can do with her and her mutant powers, other than having the pop/rock music goddess angle. Also, the thing that separates Dazzler from her pink-haired counterpart is that Ali would be fighting real Marvel supervillains without the use of other people or a computer like Jem has done in her own series.

Finally, the show would focus on only Alison and her life as a superheroic rock music star in the first season. And, if the show does well, expect maybe some cameos by other Marvel superheroes (including the X-Men, natch!) in the second season.

It also gives me an excuse to put someone like Britta Phillips to work as both the speaking and singing voice of Alison/Dazzler, since she's doing a good job on Moral Orel anyway.

Maybe it could be aired and broadcated by MTV.

Silverstar

Kooky Spooky
Eh, I'm not sure if Dazzler is strong or popular enough to carry an entire series. Her whole character screams "disco era".

Anyway, after the ratings disaster that was Mainframe's Spider-Man series on MTV, would we really want Music Television anywhere near another Marvel show?

Hypestyle

ah... Dazzler's a dark horse candidate.. but I would not be offended by a series starring her.. maybe the current Wolverine/X-Men show could have a spotlight episode and try for a spinoff..

Max

The Mighty One
Eh, I'm not sure if Dazzler is strong or popular enough to carry an entire series. Her whole character screams "disco era".

Anyway, after the ratings disaster that was Mainframe's Spider-Man series on MTV, would we really want Music Television anywhere near another Marvel show?

It's not about what we want, it's about what could be a good move for that series. People always want the same format unless someone give us something different but still good. If it works fans will like it whether that was their initial desire or not.

So, all I'm saying is that it could be a good move if a Dazzler animated series done in the way that Kenny E. McCall suggested could be aired and broadcasted by MTV since the show would be a "music adventure" cartoon series.

Spider-Man: TNAS was as disaster like you said because the show was poor in the first place...not because it was broadcasted on MTV. Mainframe did some good shows in the past like Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Max Steel, Shadow Raiders, Reebot (not my favorite but a lot of kids like it) but Spider-Man:TNAS was not on that level. If the show was good people and specially Marvel fans would have watched it even if it was broadcasted on the Discovery Channel.

Zorak Masaki

A marvel 2099 series. Now you'd have to tone it down a lot (less dark, no rapture drug, no punisher executing people, no doom taking over, etc) but it could still work, and the designs for spider-man, ghost rider, punisher, and x-men's 2099 characters seemed tailor-made for animation.

bigdeath

A Legend is Born
The Spectacular Spider-Man gets my vote. Its been Entertaning and others have stated why I like it better than the 90's show. Note: I liked the 90's show but the VAs are so much better in The Spectacular Spider-Man.

Miyamoto Musashi

Law Enforcer
DareDevil struggle (not sensored at all):
1. His real Origin for the first episode
2. His Battles with Stiltman, Ramrod and Gladiator
3. Teaming up with other heroes
4. Meeting the Kingpin
5. Elektra: Origin
6. Elektra: Love
7. Elektra hate for DareDevil (not the bad version of the movie)
8. Bullseye battles
9. DareDevil vs Hulk
10. Ben Urich introduction
11. Ben Urich discovers the secret identity of DareDevil
12. Catherine Paige sells the Identity of Matthew Murdock
13. Kingpin ruins the life of Matt Murdock
14. Kingpin falls down the gutter
15. Kingpin returns, with harder force
16. Matt tries to kill Fisk
17. DareDevil vs. the Punisher
18. Moon Knight guest stars

These are points to be taken, not the stories or titles of the episodes

AlgeaX

Oh, hello?
I know it's probably been said a million times before but the Avengers really need a decent toon. The nineties show was a joke and Ultimate Avengers while okay was really just Ultimates with all the "ultimateness" cut out.

Manhunter

Super-Tech Cat Ninja Guy
voice of Howard- Adam Carolla?

I remember reading somewhere that Steve Gerber imagined Howard sounding like Burgess Meredith as the Penguin. True, Burgess is no longer with us, but the closest anyone has come to channelling him is when Tom Kenny voiced the Penguin in The Batman, so he's my pick.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member

awesome

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So in case some of you didn't realise yet, those of you that know me from YouTube probably saw that today is a very bad day for me.
Changed to the Hungarian-flagged avatar because of a national holiday.
Whenever I get my first LPS toys (hopefully soon), I am considering doing a little unboxing video in the style of LPStubers. It would be nothing professional, I just want to show off my stuff in a fun way.
I said it elsewhere but I will say it again.

Dont worry, Me TV Toons taking its time to air the Scrappy era is nothing too bad, this is what CN did back in the day, they felt the need that people "needed to get fully tired of the old episodes" before they brought in the new stuff with Scrappy. We will see it again.
Mejo wrote on Daffyrocks's profile.
Hey Mihai, just saw that your channel was terminated.

My condolences go to you. Really hope that your channel gets reinstated.

Featured Posts