Who will buy Paramount?

Moe

What wiping out those MTV News and Comedy Central articles must've been like:

Yeah, Paramount was like went exploded.

I learned about last year, Paramount brought MTV, Nick, Comedy Central, TVLand, Paramount Network, BET under one roof now so it means one scheduling dept with all of them.

Of course, cable TV declined to 1980s level now, however not same because 1980s had much less channels (around 30-36), compared to over 100+ channels nowadays - most of expansion was in 1990s.

harry580

guess its time for the paramount to link a deal with Comcast to buy 50% stake in the networks (paramount can keep cbs & paramount network) and the merge paramount plus with peacock

lowell

guess its time for the paramount to link a deal with Comcast to buy 50% stake in the networks (paramount can keep cbs & paramount network) and the merge paramount plus with peacock
I wouldn't jump to any conclusions just yet. All we know is the Redstones giving the trio at least a minimum of 6 months to get Paramount+ to reaching profitability by next year:

"The trio will be given time – from six months to a year or even 18 months, per various estimates by those close to the situation – to improve Paramount’s financial standing before Redstone entertains another sale, sources tell Deadline."

Moe

I know, that's why I said that the merger talks stopped months ago.
Yes, Paramount end up resort to talk with WBD about consolidate Paramount+ with Max and it does become like Hulu in old days when several studios own one streaming service.

Not sure if it does come to fruition because studios aren't crazy about work with competitors unless they don't have much option like sports.

I did predict that consolidation is bound to happen after streaming market crash, but crash doesn't happen yet, despite experts said that could happen within 2-3 years after Disney+ launch.

harry580

Yes, Paramount end up resort to talk with WBD about consolidate Paramount+ with Max and it does become like Hulu in old days when several studios own one streaming service.

Not sure if it does come to fruition because studios aren't crazy about work with competitors unless they don't have much option like sports.

I did predict that consolidation is bound to happen after streaming market crash, but crash doesn't happen yet, despite experts said that could happen within 2-3 years after Disney+ launch.
if they do that, maybe universal doesn't mind join the joint venture so its hulu 2.0

Moe

if they do that, maybe universal doesn't mind join the joint venture so its hulu 2.0
No idea, this thread is about Paramount, so I just said that is addressed in news and there is no report about Universal is going to be in, even they talked about it several months ago.

It is not easy task for studios to deal with those.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
That's an era we won't get back, people like a Ted Turner, Barry Diller, Rupert Murdoch, a guy who is just wants to start or run a media thing , slightly unhinged but good at what they do. Not afraid to take weird risks, might crash and burn but also have successes.

Would be better if they did work together , the other way didn't work.

Insidus

BET is entering junk status with its new bid it could have been better off with Tyler Perry or 50 Cent had they not overpriced it.

harry580

BET is entering junk status with its new bid it could have been better off with Tyler Perry or 50 Cent had they not overpriced it.
I wonder if Tyler Perry can make a counter bid again

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts