Who will buy Paramount?

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
It seems they are cutting the marketing some more and some Paramount Plus positions. They are running out of things to cut, they've already set the plan to cut CBS Evening News spending and demoting the anchor and moving things back to NYC, the local stations stations have had annoying cuts too, awful. The bad acquisition that also shouldn't happen will also have more cuts and annoyances.

lowell

It seems they are cutting the marketing some more and some Paramount Plus positions. They are running out of things to cut, they've already set the plan to cut CBS Evening News spending and demoting the anchor and moving things back to NYC, the local stations stations have had annoying cuts too, awful. The bad acquisition that also shouldn't happen will also have more cuts and annoyances.
Skydance even promised to do even more layoffs if they can do so. They didn't even rule out selling CBS down the road as well so the goose was basically cooked when the Redstones fired Bakish.

The Redstones likely don't care about this anyway because they're going to walk away with money in all of the scenarios as the drama saga is ongoing.

Whoever steps in down the road will do even more gutting than what the trio are doing now if they can do so.

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
They still can sell the foreign TV channels. But not sure if that could even help.

lowell

They still can sell the foreign TV channels. But not sure if that could even help.
They don't have to do that given there's still a lot of non-content assets lying around in the company.

One of those non-content assets, Pop Culture Media (PopCulture.com & ComicBook.com), was actually sold off yesterday:

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid

Paramount Television Studios is merging into CBS Studios.

Personally, Paramount Television Studios should be used as an in-name-only label for CBS Studios shows being released on platforms not owned by Paramount Global, similar to how the original Paramount Television used CBS Productions as a label in the last two seasons before the split of Viacom.

This would mean if Star Trek: Prodigy gets a third season at Netflix, it would be the first time a Star Trek TV series had a Paramount closing logo since the series finale of Enterprise in 2005.

After all, Paramount is too iconic a name to disappear from television completely (again).

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
They aren't merging , Paramount Television is dead, that's the point of why they are closing it. They are moving productions to CBS Studios.

I , of course, am more pro CBS than Paramount in all cases, but it's awful they are just getting rid of people left and right. They aren't going to much of a marketing and PR team anymore either.

https://www.wsj.com/business/media/...mid-restructuring-7c42a4ee?st=wjp8ufiqedrvybc

Sony and Apollo, were going to what again? Looks like they'd rather tear things apart themselves.

harry580

but they only folding paramount television which sounds good on paper if they going to rebrand the cbs branded television studios assets as cbs paramount like they used to do back in the 2000s

Last edited:

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
They aren't merging , Paramount Television is dead, that's the point of why they are closing it. They are moving productions to CBS Studios.

I , of course, am more pro CBS than Paramount in all cases, but it's awful they are just getting rid of people left and right. They aren't going to much of a marketing and PR team anymore either.

https://www.wsj.com/business/media/...mid-restructuring-7c42a4ee?st=wjp8ufiqedrvybc

Sony and Apollo, were going to what again? Looks like they'd rather tear things apart themselves.
It has the effect of a merger though.

I mean since I want a new Mission: Impossible TV series on ABC I am adamant it have a Paramount closing logo. My proposal would allow for that.

lowell

Looks like most of it was gone in February because there's only now 20-30 employees from the studio that's part of the layoffs and now they're just folding the remaining operations into CBS Studios:

"PTVS’ shutdown will result in the exit of 20-30 employees. All current PTVS series and development projects will be folded into CBS Studios."

90% of the planned 15% of U.S. workforce cuts are planned to be done by the end of Septemeber and the rest to be finished by the end of the year:

"This process will take place in three phases, starting today and continuing through the end of the year. We expect 90% of these actions to be complete by the end of September."

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Looks like most of it was gone in February because there's only now 20-30 employees from the studio that's part of the layoffs and now they're just folding the remaining operations into CBS Studios:

"PTVS’ shutdown will result in the exit of 20-30 employees. All current PTVS series and development projects will be folded into CBS Studios."

90% of the planned 15% of U.S. workforce cuts are planned to be done by the end of Septemeber and the rest to be finished by the end of the year:

"This process will take place in three phases, starting today and continuing through the end of the year. We expect 90% of these actions to be complete by the end of September."

Those earlier cuts this year were grim , this just even more sad.

Moe

I mean since I want a new Mission: Impossible TV series on ABC I am adamant it have a Paramount closing logo. My proposal would allow for that.
I'm in mood for new Mission: Impossible TV series and it is going to be based on modern like saw in their movies, rather than 1960s show and as for 1988 show, they are basically late 1980s, rather than 1960s.

lowell

Those earlier cuts this year were grim , this just even more sad.
I mean, any Bakish-less scenario, with or without a sale, was going to result in the trio pulling these moves anyway.

This current round (2000 employees) will be larger than the February one (800 employees), to be honest.

The Redstones aren't going to likely care about this because they'll be walking away with money in all scenarios as the drama saga is ongoing.

lowell

The chairman of Fubo must be feeling good after a judge sided with his company, Edgar Bronfman wants to buy Paramount.

The Redstones are basically encouraging all sides to do whatever to help grow their payout:

"Critical to whether the bid has any chance of succeeding is Shari Redstone, Paramount’s non-executive chairwoman, who controls NAI, which controls 77% of Paramount Global voting stock, the person said.

“She has been very encouraging about this bid” from Bronfman, the source said. “Any bid that has the financial backing but doesn’t have the Skydance albatross would be deemed superior.”"

I wouldn't be that surprised if a bidding war does end up happening, given this drama saga has been having twists and turns.

harry580

if I have to guess, Edgar bronfman jr gets picked to become chairman of paramount global instead of Jeff shell and skydance would still get paramount

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts