X-men: Evolution and Hulk News!!!

Storm

Under Lock & Key," a new episode of X-Men: Evolution, will air on Kids' WB! on Saturday, Nov. 30.

The episode -- written by Sean Roche and directed by Frank Paur - should be one of the most memorable of the third season.

"Here we gather the famed five of the original X-Men as introduced in the comics - Cyclops, Jean Gray, Beast, Iceman, and Angel - for a very specific mission that deals with... well, the title should clue you in," X-Men: Evolution story editor Greg Johnson.

"If the animation lives up to the script, this is going to be one very cool episode."

In other X-Men: Evolution news, a Kids' WB! representative stated that the network has not made any decisions for next season yet. Pending are a fourth season of X-Men: Evolution as well as possibly a rumored new Hulk animated series.

This sounds really cool and I'm more excited for this epsiode. All the original X-men together that's a team come true. Anyway I hope X-men: Evolution will get renewed for a fourth season and the new Hulk cartoon news is pretty cool too :D

Raziel

The Anti-Hero of Soul Reaver
They should make a Captain America series first. And It looks like Apocalypse will make an appearance in this episode! COOL! I mean, Magneto was the big bad of season 1 and Mystique was the big bad in Season 2 so that doesn't surprise me!

Chris Wood

Desslar
The Hulk again? Give it a rest for a while. How about Punisher, Thor, Captain America, or any of the many heroes who haven't gotten a shot yet?

Andy Mancini

I think they're thinking "Hulk" due to the new movie coming in the summer. If that's the case, they should do "Daredevil" first.

HarleyFan#1

I thought the famed five in the original were Cyclops ,Wolverine,Storm ,Jean,and Gambit. But concering X-men evolution i guess it makes sense that they would choose that team.

Storm

Originally posted by HarleyFan#1
I thought the famed five in the original were Cyclops ,Wolverine,Storm ,Jean,and Gambit. But concering X-men evolution i guess it makes sense that they would choose that team.

The Original five are:

Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, Angel, and Beast

You must be thinking about the Fox cartoon right????

Digu Volz

is yo' mama
Bah, who needs Hulk again ? No offense, but they do have a lot of other less tapped stories to work with. How about Avengers done RIGHT, or even Captain America ? X-Men Evolution has already set the stage, so they could just pick up from there. Heck, use the New Warriors ! Continue the teen superhero trend !

Storm

Originally posted by Digu Volz
Bah, who needs Hulk again ? No offense, but they do have a lot of other less tapped stories to work with. How about Avengers done RIGHT, or even Captain America ? X-Men Evolution has already set the stage, so they could just pick up from there. Heck, use the New Warriors ! Continue the teen superhero trend !

I do agree I would rather for Marvel to produce another Marvel series than Hulk. I'm willing to give this new Hulk series a chance but Hulk to me seem kinda dry and a Daredevil or Captian America cartoon would be cool.

slackermonkey

Save The Day
How about a Daredevil series done in a similar way to Batman: The Animated Series? Or a Captain America series set in World War II? Maybe even a Nick Fury S.H.I.E.L.D. series.

But one idea I thought of that I'm surprised no one has ever mentioned is a Marvel Team-Up series. It'd be a perfect compromise. You could have Spider-Man team up with various Marvel heroes who haven't had a (good) shot at being animated yet. Having Spidey in each episode certainly wouldn't hurt ratings, especially with the recent movie publicity and all, and it wouldn't be a stretch since that's how the MTU comic worked.

You could even use more obscure characters like Howard the Duck (who was actually cool before the movie came along). And who wouldn't want to watch a Spider-Man, Iceman, and Firestar team-up for this potential series? It'd be a great modern-day tribute to Spider-Friends.

JohnStewart-GL

Mighty JLU memba
Cool. im glad there doing a new hulk cartoon. Hopefully by its second season she-hulk will be in it. I would also like to see a new Fantastic Four cartoon. (with the movie set for 2004 it could happen).
on another note i cant wait till we see Apocalypse animated in Evo style and i hope evo does get a fourth season.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
X-Men: Evolution will more than likely get a 4th season, becuase of the X-Men 2 movie coming in 2003. The ratings are still solid no matter what crummy timeslot Kids'WB! shoves it in.

As for a Hulk cartoon? I'd rathar see a Daredevil series than a new HUlk cartoon. The first 13 episodes from the HUlk cartoon a few years back were great. When they brought in She-HUlk, it all pretty much went to crap.

StrangerAtaru

Hey, I want to be Ussop!
Personally, I don't blame She-Hulk for the problems with the series. The two episodes she was in for season 1 (both the Dr. Doom one and the one with the Thing) was a good breather between the first and second half of the series. (since it was about midway through the season) On the other hand, I say the problems with season two of the Saban Hulk involves several vast changes which she was a part of. For one, the ongoing conflicts and storyline between Banner and the military (including Thunderbolt Ross) was dropped pretty much, as well as Bruce's wanderings due to being chased. For another, it seemed more like they were doing more of a "task-force" theme, which is completely against the modern idea of the monster that is "the Hulk".

As for a new series to coincide with the movie, I too agree he needs a break, but what do you expect from greedy executives ready to cash in. But a Daredevil or Avengers (done right) with Captain America could be nice.

Raziel

The Anti-Hero of Soul Reaver
Originally posted by Jim Harvey
X-Men: Evolution will more than likely get a 4th season, becuase of the X-Men 2 movie coming in 2003. The ratings are still solid no matter what crummy timeslot Kids'WB! shoves it in.

As for a Hulk cartoon? I'd rathar see a Daredevil series than a new HUlk cartoon. The first 13 episodes from the HUlk cartoon a few years back were great. When they brought in She-HUlk, it all pretty much went to crap.

Evo better get a fourth season. During the first season of Evo, I thought it had potential, but I wouldn't be sad if it was cancelled or happy if it was brought back, if it was cancelled now though, i'd be upset. If it was continued though, I'd be estatic!

Samurai Rocko

These are the shows Marvel needs to make for...

Kids WB
----------
Captain America
The Hulk

Cartoon Network
----------------------
Avengers
Daredevil

czyznyck99

Back to "Under Lock & Key," I hope this is the episode invloving the second key to Apocalypse's prison. Even though it's rumored that he will show up at the end of Season 3, I would want him to first show up at Season 4.

The team-up of the five originals actually makes a lot more sense than I first thought. Two first-team members (Scott and Jean), a second stringer (Bobby), an adult leader (Beast), and a guest star (Angel). Coolness :cool: .

Later.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts