4Kids Gets US Broadcasting Rights to "Kamen Rider Dragon Knight"

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
SOURCE

Japan's Adness Entertainment licenses the US broadcast rights for Kamen Rider Dragon Knight to 4Kids Entertainment, which plans to air the series as part of TheCW4Kids Saturday morning block on The CW Networks for the 2008-9 season. Kamen Rider Dragon Knight, a live-action series featuring CGI special effects, follows he adventures of a teen discovers a mysterious deck of cards that give him the power to transform into an ancient warrior called a Kamen Rider. Produced by Adness Entertainment, which is adapting for the US, the series is based on the original series Kamen Rider Kyuki, produced by the Toei Company.
Well, the people who were worrying about it coming to Cartoon Network have nothing to fear now. The show will probably do better on broadcast than anywhere else, so this seems like a pretty good development.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Does it really matter where it's shown as long as toku fans will get to see it? Kamen Rider might actually do better on CW4Kids than it would have on Cartoon Network, as not every household has cable and not a lot of toku fans watch Cartoon Network. I'm personally glad to hear this news; that's 1 less live action show on CARTOON Network. Now CN can concentrate more on animated programming.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShadowGUN

YES!YES!YES!
D Dubbs said:
"4Kids Licenses "Kamen Rider Dragon Knight"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :mad: .

God, I can hear the puns coming a mile away.

SOURCE

Well, the people who were worrying about it coming to Cartoon Network have nothing to fear now. The show will probably do better on broadcast than anywhere else, so this seems like a pretty good development.

Don't be so sure. Skunk Fu! and Johnny Test were on the CWKids and now appear on Cartoon Network so don't be surprised to see it next year on CN.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
^That will only happen if Kamen Rider does extremely well on CW4Kids. Even though I wasn't aware that anyone gave a crud about Skunk Fu!. My personal theory is that CN is only airing Skunk Fu! in order to cash in on the success of Dreamworks' Kung Fu Panda.

Anyways, Johnny Test must be doing pretty good on Cartoon Network, seeing as how JT currently gets no less than 4 airings a day on CN!

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
I'm glad to hear this myself. Kamen Rider will probably fare better on CW4Kids (long freaking name!) than it would've on Cartoon Network, for the reasons Blackstar mentioned, and without KR looming over its' horizon, CN can focus more on animation, as it should be doing. This news is a win for both sides, as far as I'm concerned.

Pomegranate

4Kids? God, no! I'd rather it air on either Jetix, Disney Channel, ABC Kids or even Nickelodeon. It probably does sound like great news to others who are worried about the direction CN is currently heading in, but still, it's a freakin' travesty:( ! Frankly, I'd rather it be released subbed and uncut as Kamen Rider Ryuki than Americanized, like Super Sentai was to Power Rangers:shrug: !

Burgundy Ranger

Follower of Power Rangers, especially TV listings
Hopefully, they won't touch any of the material. x_x

Isn't the production on KRDK essentially finished? That means 4Kids is just buying a finished product and putting it in one of its lineups. They can't do a heck of a lot to it now, can they?

We've seen what happens when they get their adapting hands on things (Tiga, One Piece, ugh!). As long as they just put the show on the air, I'm more than OK with them putting it on. Gives them a good item if they want to build a disctinctly different vibe on the CW block than already exists on the Fox block. I would think the CW block needs to be more than just a dumping place for finished-their-run-on-Fox shows.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
4Kids? God, no! I'd rather it air on either Jetix, Disney Channel, ABC Kids or even Nickelodeon. It probably does sound like great news to others who are worried about the direction CN is currently heading in, but still, it's a freakin' travesty:( ! Frankly, I'd rather it be released subbed and uncut as Kamen Rider Ryuki than Americanized, like Super Sentai was to Power Rangers:shrug: !

Just because 4Kids will be airing Kamen Rider, that doesn't automatically mean that they will be doing the episode dubs. I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression that the English dub of KM was already made.

Undrave

Forever Burning Heart!
NANI?! Well that came out of left field...

Just because 4Kids will be airing Kamen Rider, that doesn't automatically mean that they will be doing the episode dubs. I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression that the English dub of KM was already made.

Yeah the production is done.

Now I just need to figure out who the HECK carried the CW programming on my cable provider ><

Pomegranate

Have you ever considered the fact that 4Kids might make some additional edits, cuts or changes of their own to KRDK?

Pomegranate

When you say uncut, do you mean uncut Dragon Knight or a DVD release of Kamen Rider Ryuki?

Yeah, I was also wondering what he meant by that?

EDIT: Although I'd like to point out that the chances of any edits to this show seem fairly slim, anyway.

4Kids has a pretty poor track record for hacking up their foreign acquisitions to death in the past, so we should expect them to do the same to KRDK for that reason alone.

Harlan_Phoenix

4Kids has a pretty poor track record for hacking up their foreign acquisitions to death, so we should expect them to do the same to KRDK for that reason alone.

Unlike Ultraman, Dragon Knight is technically an American production (it uses less and less Ryuki footage as time goes on, so if anyone is "hacking" something foreign, it's Adness, not 4Kids), so the idea of 4Kids actually editing is fairly unlikely. A time edit, maybe, but those are minor.

TMNT got to get away with what it did because of Peter Laird, the guy running the show. He happened to care about his story a fair deal, and it shows because he made a great series. The Adness fellows are Laird-esque in that they love Kamen Rider. While the love of your franchise by no means makes you immune to suits, their love combined with the fact that this is an American production (and it is, don't fool yourself) make me think that it won't become "hacked".

Besides, the show's finished production anyway, and it's been made with a child audience in mind. So, on that front, I STILL don't foresee a problem.

Unlike you, I'm going to wait for the episodes to actually air before I jump to conclusions.

Undrave

Forever Burning Heart!
I don't see why they call Adness a Japanese company.

And people, ignore Lord Galactus. He's just a doom sayer who thinks 4Kids is Satan and Chaotic the next TV antichrist

:p

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts