4Kids Talkback: A New Dawn Begins - The 4Kids Discussion V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
I actually forgot that Dinosaur King actually is a card game in Japan. But, even still it's not going to be that big. I bet most stores won't even carry the cards.

That's what people said about Chaotic when it first started up. Not that I'm saying that the TCG will be a big hit, but you never know about these things. Besides, risk taking has always been a big philosophy of 4Kids Entertainment. The first show they ever licensed was a series that already had an abysmal reputation worldwide, due to the Porygon seizure incident. And look where it got them.

And as mumbo mentioned, a TCG really isn't a high-risk investment. A toy line would be more daring of them...

Sonic_Eclipse

Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
I really don't know what to say about Chaotic, it's apparently doing pretty well, but I have yet to see any Chaotic cards at any of my local stores.

The only thing for Chaotic I saw were a few t-shirts at a local comic shop, but even that was months ago.

But if 4Kids says its doing well, than who am I to argue with them.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Well...it's probably because they're selling out so quickly. :p

But seriously, it's available at around 20,000 locations nationwide (that's like 400 or 500 locations in every state), so I'm sure some place in your area has it. I guess you might not see the cards if you don't frequent the toy section of major retailers...

DinoQueen13

Life is Now or Never
I actually forgot that Dinosaur King actually is a card game in Japan. But, even still it's not going to be that big. I bet most stores won't even carry the cards.
It's doing pretty well in Japan. A friend of mine went and got a lot of Dinosaur King merchandise, as well as a lot of cards.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
July 26th, 2008 (4Kids TV)
08:00 AM Viva Pinata - To Catch a Pinata; Invasion of the Boogie Snatchers (#14)
08:30 AM Viva Pinata - Candibalism; Pecky Pudgeon, Private Eye (#15)
09:00 AM TMNT - Turtles in Space: The Trouble With Triceratons (#28)
09:30 AM TMNT - Turtles in Space: The Big House (#29)
10:00 AM Sonic X - Techno-Teacher (#6)
10:30 AM Dinosaur King - Volcanic Panic (#15)
11:00 AM Kirby: Right Back at Ya! - The Kirby Derby (#36)
11:30 AM Winx Club - The Power Within (#68)

July 26th
, 2008 (CW4Kids)
07:00 AM Will & Dewitt - Doggie Day Afternoon; Blazin' Bike (#19)
07:30 AM Magi-Nation - Beware of the Realm Raiders (#19)
08:00 AM Tom & Jerry Tales - Digital Dilemma; Hi Robot; Tomcat Jetpack (#6)
08:30 AM Tom & Jerry Tales - Bend It Like Thomas; Endless Bummer; Game, Set, Match (#21)
09:00 AM Chaotic - The Thing About Bodal (#6) NEW to CW4Kids
09:30 AM The Spectacular Spider-Man - Group Therapy (#11)
10:00 AM The Spectacular Spider-Man - Intervention (#12)
10:30 AM TMNT: Fast Forward - The Journal (#130) NEW to CW4Kids
11:00 AM Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - The Ultimate Face-Off, Part I (#149) NEW
11:30 AM The Batman - The Metal Face of Comedy (#60)

This week, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX begins premiering episodes on the CW4Kids, Fast Forward skips ahead four episodes, and The Batman skips ahead one episode.

Last edited by a moderator:

DinoQueen13

Life is Now or Never
I finally learned that Dinosaur King was NOT dubbed by 4Kids. No wonder it's so good.

Shiloh Otter

Anxiety in the house
It's on 4Kids TV, features 4Kids voice talent, 4Kids music, 4Kids-esque writing, and the 4Kids logo at the end of the show. It's dubbed by 4Kids. ;)

People seem to forget that, like Viz, 4Kids is a licensing company only. They don't dub anything.

Lamel2g

Before I saw the Japanese version and started reading the manga, I actually watched and enjoyed the 4Kids version of One Piece. 4Kids had some good shows like Shaman King, TMNT, Ultimate Muscle and Sonic X. I also used to watch Mew Mew Power. :)

Shiloh Otter

Anxiety in the house
Don't they have a in-house studio? I know that some properties are outsourced to TAJ, but I believe the rest are done at 4Kids HQ...

Unless I've been misinformed by a few of the VA's themselves, I don't think they do.

Rahxepy

Unless I've been misinformed by a few of the VA's themselves, I don't think they do.
4Kids have Writers and Editor's for their show's. The people who are responsible for this are part of the in house Branch 4Kids Productions. They produce Music etc. They don't just License and Make Their own series. They also Produce and a lot more things.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I finally learned that Dinosaur King was NOT dubbed by 4Kids. No wonder it's so good.

I always thought that Dinosaur King was dubbed by 4Kids. Yes, I know that they're a licensing company like Viz, but I'm pretty sure that they have an in-house studio. Starting with Pokemon Advance, they move the studio work from TAJ to 4Kids. You could see that when you watch the credits. I haven't been able to read the credits to Dinosaur King myself since its so small and it goes by too fast for me to read it, but I would think that it would list 4Kids where the studio recording credit is listed. By the way, I think that if 4Kids is in part of anime, that doesn't automatically make it bad.

Anyway, I'll be looking foreword to GX finally airing new episodes on the 26th. It was nice to see some of the recent episodes again, especially with the current three parter that they're in right now, but it will be nice to see what happens next and hopefully they won't have another break until they're done with season three.

Sonic_Eclipse

Mike Pollock has told me before that Sonic X was recorded at 4Kids' studio. In fact the credits in the instruction booklets for the Sonic games even say; "Voice Recording Production - 4Kids Entertainment, Inc.". It also says this in the in-game credits too.

Why is it now in question whether or not 4Kids has an in-house studio or not?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiloh Otter

Anxiety in the house
Mike Pollock has told me before that Sonic X was recorded at 4Kids' studio. In fact the credits in the instruction booklets for the Sonic games even say; "Voice Recording Production - 4Kids Entertainment, Inc."

Why is it now in question whether or not 4Kids has an in-house studio or not?

OK then. I was misinformed.

Rolling Cloud

...too early....
There's a chance that 4kids may not dub season 4 of GX, since I was skimming Pojo's Yugioh forums & saw that Lance posted this little tidbit:

Oh, and one last thing: apparently, someone over on YGOFans emailed 4Kids about a dubbed Season 4 and the reply said, "The Yu-Gi-Oh! series will not end, but GX will. We are starting a new show called Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's in the fall. Hope you like it."

Take it as you will.

Sonic_Eclipse

I think they mean GX will end after season 4. I don't see them just all of a sudden stopping.

If they did decide not to go onto season 4 than thats just another to add to the list of dumb decisions by 4Kids Entertainment in my book.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
4Kids has dubbed every single episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX...even the clip episodes. I can't seem them stopping with GX when they have only 26 episodes left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts