4Kids Talkback: A New Dawn Begins - The 4Kids Discussion V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
July 19th, 2008 (4Kids TV)
08:00 AM Viva Pinata - Pinatapartyphobia; Royal Visit (#12)
08:30 AM Viva Pinata - The Wraisins of Wrath; Pinata Island Idol (#13)
09:00 AM TMNT - Search for Splinter (#26)
09:30 AM TMNT - Turtles in Space: The Fugitoid (#27)
10:00 AM Sonic X - Cracking Knuckles (#5)
10:30 AM Dinosaur King - Child's Play (#14)
11:00 AM Kirby: Right Back at Ya! - The Kirby Derby (#35)
11:30 AM Winx Club - The Island of Dragons (#67)

July 19th
, 2008 (CW4Kids)
07:00 AM Will & Dewitt - The Frog and the Mustache; Put Me in the Ballgame (#18)
07:30 AM Magi-Nation - The Secret Chamber (#18)
08:00 AM Tom & Jerry Tales - Joy Riding Jokers; Cat Got Your Luggage?; City Dump Chumps (#2)
08:30 AM Tom & Jerry Tales - Summer Squashing; League of Cats; Little Big Mouse (#20)
09:00 AM Chaotic - Crash Course (#5) NEW to CW4Kids
09:30 AM The Spectacular Spider-Man - The Uncertainty Principle (#9)
10:00 AM The Spectacular Spider-Man - Persona (#10)
10:30 AM TMNT: Fast Forward - Clash of the Turtle Titans (#125) NEW to CW4Kids
11:00 AM Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Conquering the Past, Part III (#148) NEW to CW4Kids
11:30 AM The Batman - Joker Express (#58)

This week, TMNT season two begins, and Kirby jumps ahead 19 episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiloh Otter

Anxiety in the house
Hmm, so I see that 4KidsTV is catching up with the current On Demand offerings (sans Sonic X, which is currently in the middle of the series On Demand).

mumbo

Look skyward
There was that rumor of a Season 4 being tossed around for some time, but it seems to have died out.

The problem is the series didn't seem to be all that popular in Japan (since to my knowledge Sesaon 3 didn't even air there), so for an America-only release 4Kids would be footing the full production costs for the show. That's probably why there hasn't been a new season.

Hmm, so I see that 4KidsTV is catching up with the current On Demand offerings (sans Sonic X, which is currently in the middle of the series On Demand).

Um, I think they only have like 6 more episodes to put up and they're done.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
The problem is the series didn't seem to be all that popular in Japan (since to my knowledge Season 3 didn't even air there).

It wasn't so much that it wasn't popular in Japan, it was that TV Tokyo (the channel that aired the first 52 episodes) didn't want to air it anymore (which I think has to do with the gap of time between the productions of episode 52 and episode 53).

ChibiGoku

Something Not Quite Right
It wasn't so much that it wasn't popular in Japan, it was that TV Tokyo (the channel that aired the first 52 episodes) didn't want to air it anymore (which I think has to do with the gap of time between the productions of episode 52 and episode 53).

Not quite. I found production work dated as early as June 2004, for Sonic X 53+. Actually, what was interesting was the one picture that was being auctioned off on Yahoo Japan, was a group shot of Cosmo and her Sisters, which was dated and signed by Yuji Uekawa around that time. Regardless, that would mean production of these episodes would have started earlier than June.

The only question I have to wonder is, TMS Entertainment was still working on the episodes, into February 2005. 4Kids Masters, which from what I recall were recieved in March 2005, contained more corrections than the masters China recieved. (Which is also the only place to release episodes 53+ billingual, in Japanese and Chinese.)

Regardless, I've heard mixed reports as to who's decision it was to not air the episodes. One report says that TV-Tokyo dropped out of production, which would make it harder to secure a slot for Sonic X. Another was that Sega was in charge of whether or not they wanted air these episodes or not. But I've also TMS Entertainment has had influence over this as well. It just confuses me. (Also, drives me nuts because there's no way I could legitally own 53+ in Japanese on DVD. Really, rather not pay for VCDs...)

Also, the ratings for Sonic X were a mixed bag, but it didn't help that the series went up against TV Asahi's Mahou Shoujo timeslot. Sonic X went up against briefly Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan and Pretty Cure, at the beginning, and the end. I forget what was in that timeslot at the time, but it wasn't something that heavily attracted viewers. I just honestly think Sega was expecting higher ratings than they should have, given the timeslot they stuck the show in.

....Okay, that's the end of my useless knowledge. Carry on.

Tech

I don't have a title
I was doing some surfing tonight, and I ended up on a blog, which confirms that Johnny Test is getting a fourth season.

http://whatm-aisupto.blogspot.com/2008/04/wither-johnny.html

This is the blog of a guy who works for the animation company who did Johnny Test, Apparently, it's having a new animation team animating it for the fourth season because they were "outbid". I haven't been following this show, but I just hope this contribute to this common question I've been seeing around here

Last edited by a moderator:

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
I was doing some surfing tonight, and I ended up on a blog, which confirms that Johnny Test is getting a fourth season.

http://whatm-aisupto.blogspot.com/2008/04/wither-johnny.html

This is the blog of a guy who works for the animation company who did Johnny Test, Apparently, it's having a new animation team animating it for the fourth season because they were "outbid". I haven't been following this show, but I just hope this contribute to this common question I've been seeing around here.

Hmm... Johnny Test was a pretty good ratings grabber for Kids' WB, but I'm not sure if 4Kids will pick up the new season. Though, if they don't, I'm sure Cartoon Network will get it.

TaoRen

Will there be a new season of Viva Pinata? Rare is working on the new game and the DS version is coming out.

The Metarex story of Sonic X also aired in France. TMS had listed it as still in production a while after it ended its run but they stopped that. I wouldn't have minded if it had kept going its a decent show.

Chaotic might be bearable with the possible move from flash.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Another season of Johnny Test? Geez! That show is like a zombie that refuses to stay dead!

Anyway, 2 questions come to mind regarding a 4th season of Johnny Test:

1. What else can Johnny do? The producers have pretty much covered just about everything in the past 3 seasons. He's even prevented an alien invasion. I thought that episode was supposed to be the series finale. Other than travel to the astral plane or witness the beginning of the universe, I don't see what other territory Johnny has yet to cover.

2. Where would the new episodes of JT go? I don't see 4Kids picking up the series, and Kids WB is no more. The only other channel that I can see airing Johnny Test would be Cartoon Network, who is currently running JT ad nausea.

Draft

Odds are that 4K!DS will pick it up. At least 1/2 of the CW Kids Series are cancelled, and 4K!DS doesn't have too many original series to air as reruns. CN might pick it up, but it isn't too likely

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Odds are that 4K!DS will pick it up. At least 1/2 of the CW Kids Series are cancelled, and 4K!DS doesn't have too many original series to air as reruns. CN might pick it up, but it isn't too likely

Perhaps, but honestly, I think that Johnny Test should have just ended with that half hour alien invasion episode ("Johnny X 5" I believe it was called). That would have been a perfect way to cap off the series, even though there were a couple of plot holes in the story (we never saw Johnny's dad get freed from Brain Freezer's ice trap and Johnny's mom wasn't seen at all in the episode).

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
4Kids has already said they have 18 series airing this fall. They only have 2 spots that haven't been announced on CW4Kids out of those 10 spots. I suppose 1 could go to Johnny Test, but I doubt it will since they pulled Test for reruns of The Batman, and CN, with it being one of their highest rated shows, would most likely pay Cookie Jar more money to air it than 4Kids would. There's also the factor that Johnny Test has some funding from Warner, and Warner likes to get their stuff on CN whenever they can.

judyindisguise

4Kids has already said they have 18 series airing this fall. They only have 2 spots that haven't been announced on CW4Kids out of those 10 spots. I suppose 1 could go to Johnny Test, but I doubt it will since they pulled Test for reruns of The Batman, and CN, with it being one of their highest rated shows, would most likely pay Cookie Jar more money to air it than 4Kids would. There's also the factor that Johnny Test has some funding from Warner, and Warner likes to get their stuff on CN whenever they can.

Think World of Quest has a chance at a comeback? I know, the show was woefully weak, but maybe it could improve (hope is like a drug to me) and I'd heard there were actually 26 episodes made, and we only saw 13, and so maybe...?

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Think World of Quest has a chance at a comeback? I know, the show was woefully weak, but maybe it could improve (hope is like a drug to me) and I'd heard there were actually 26 episodes made, and we only saw 13, and so maybe...?
No, I don't think 4Kids will air it on either block. The ratings were abysmal and the stories weren't that good. When the ratings at the end were almost as low as the educational block ratings reruns with that spot and premiere episodes, then I don't think it will be picked up. They could always surprise us, but with TMNT: Back to the Sewers, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's, Smeshariki, Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight, Spectacular Spider-Man, Chaotic, and Huntik: Secrets and Seekers, it doesn't seem like a show that would fit on CW4Kids, which is where they would probably air it. I believe those last two spots will go to Skunk Fu! and Magi-Nation, if they choose shows currently on 4Kids, in some fasion, to return- Skunk Fu! because it's on their web site, and Magi-Nation because while it fulfills the e/i requirements, it also has a lot of the action elements the other shows have.

4Kids TV most likely has the following:
Dinosaur King (premiere episodes)
Viva Pinata (premiere episodes)
Adrenaline Project (premiere episodes- meets e/i)
Winx Club (depends on how soon season 4 starts, but it could be premiere episodes- meets e/i)
Sonic X
Kirby: Right Back At 'Ya!
2 shows TBA

Light Lucario

Staff member
So Johnny Test gets another season? I'm kind of surprised since I thought most of the Kids' WB shows that weren't Spiderman wouldn't get another season. I agree with bigddan11 on how Johnny Test wouldn't really fit with the other shows that 4Kids has for the CW4Kids or probably even 4KidsTV. Since Cartoon Network is playing the show like crazy, I think that that's where the new season will show up.

mumbo

Look skyward
Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight and Huntik: Secrets & Seekers are both starting in January/February 09 as midseason shows. 4Kids will probably hold onto some of the older shows in its slot through the fall until they premiere - I'm guessing The Batman and...um, something else. Maybe they'll hold onto a second Spider-Man timeslot temporarily. Or hell, maybe they will show those other 13 episodes of World of Quest through the fall.

I think Magi-Nation will stay but Will & Dewitt will get the boot for Smeshariki, since that meets E/I requirements as well.

But yeah I really doubt Johnny Test will come back to the CW4Kids. Cartoon Network seems like a better home for it anyway.

I've been thinking that there's a chance 4Kids may show Skunk Fu on 4Kids TV instead of the CW4Kids, just for the likely-unrelated reason that it's already on the website. It could be paired up with Viva Pinata.

Will there be a new season of Viva Pinata? Rare is working on the new game and the DS version is coming out.

Well, technically it'll be the rest of Season 2 that 4Kids hasn't aired, but yeah, there will be 18 new episodes of Viva Pinata for the 08-09 season. Most of them have already aired here in Canada on YTV.

Beyond that it looks doubtful though. YTV seems pretty big on the series, though, so it might get a third season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?
TVLand, CMT, MTV2 (as well as Nickelodeon channels) will be simulcasting Kids Choice Award 2024 according to zap2it!

Featured Posts