4Kids Talkback: A New Dawn Begins - The 4Kids Discussion V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewcomerDC

Oh. Dang it, I wanted to hear Veronica Taylor sing... :sad:

Thanks for the help.
Not teasing ya but I gotta hand it to the VT fans who actually wanted yet another 4Kids National Anthem. Remember the backlash the last one received. That might be the reason why 4Kids decided not to make another crappy transition of anime/Italian characters trying to sing a song that's for the Americans only and to make it worse have the English voice actors ruin the reps of those characters by singing the anthem horribly.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Not teasing ya but I gotta hand it to the VT fans who actually wanted yet another 4Kids National Anthem. Remember the backlash the last one received. That might be the reason why 4Kids decided not to make another crappy transition of anime/Italian characters trying to sing a song that's for the Americans only and to make it worse have the English voice actors ruin the reps of those characters by singing the anthem horribly.

The first one received a lot of negativity but I didn't hear too many things about last year's anthem. I can't even find it on YouTube.

Yeah...I guess it was kind of cheesy, but really no more cheesy than all those sketches that Kids' WB did. It was good cheese. :cool:

NewcomerDC

The first one received a lot of negativity but I didn't hear too many things about last year's anthem. I can't even find it on YouTube.

Yeah...I guess it was kind of cheesy, but really no more cheesy than all those sketches that Kids' WB did. It was good cheese. :cool:
Shame that TheCW4Kids didn't do a national anthem this year.
Maybe one of us could do it as a side project to bash the one 4Kids made two years ago.

DinoQueen13

Life is Now or Never
Besides, there's more calmer ways of doing it then making a 'Youtube poop' video. >.>

Such as writing a letter, making a comparison site, etc.
I've never understood what the "YouTube Poop" stuff was about.:eek: Not that I've ever watched it anyhow.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Wow, there are some crazy numbers for this week's ratings.

7:00 AM
Jimmy Neutron 0.7 (Nick)
The Wiggles 0.7 (Disney)
Will & Dewitt 0.1 (CW)

7:30 AM
Jimmy Neutron 0.9 (Nick)
George of the Jungle 0.7 (CN)
Johnny and the Sprites 0.6 (Disney)
Magi Nation 0.3 (CW)

8:00 AM
Fairly OddParents 1.1 (Nick)
Flapjack 0.8 (CN)
Tom & Jerry Tales 0.7 (CW)
Bunnytown 0.6 (Disney)
Viva Pinata 0.5 (FOX)

8:30 AM
Fairly OddParents 1.5 (Nick)
Tom & Jerry Tales 1.0 (CW) & My Friends Tigger & Pooh 1.0 (Disney)
Chowder 0.9 (CN)
Viva Pinata 0.6 (FOX)

9:00 AM
SpongeBob SquarePants 1.7 (Nick)
TMNT 1.0 (FOX)
&
Mickey Mouse Club House 1.0 (Disney)
Chaotic 0.8 (CW) & Blue Dragon 0.8 (CN)
The Emperor's New School 0.6 (ABC)

9:30 AM
SpongeBob SquarePants 1.9 (Nick)
TMNT 1.5 (FOX)
Pokemon: Diamond & Pearl Battle Dimension 1.0 (CN)
Mickey Mouse Club House 0.9 (Disney)
Spectacular Spider-Man 0.8 (CW)
The Replacements 0.7 (ABC)

10:00 AM
Sonic X 1.9 (FOX)
Back at the Barnyard 1.5 (Nick)
Ben 10: Alien Force 1.2 (CN)

Spectacular Spider-Man 1.1 (CW)
That's So Raven 1.0 (ABC) & Handy Manny 1.0 (Disney)

10:30 AM
Mighty B! 1.9 (Nick)
Dinosaur King 1.8 (FOX)
That's So Raven 1.1 (ABC)
TMNT Fast Forward 1.0 (CW) & Transformers: Animated 1.0 (CN)
Little Einsteins 0.8 (Disney)

11:00 AM
SpongeBob SquarePants 2.0 (Nick)
Kirby 1.7 (FOX)
Bakugan 1.0 (CN) & Hannah Montana 1.0 (ABC)
Higglytown Heroes 0.9 (Disney)
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX 0.7 (CW)

11:30 AM
SpongeBob SquarePants 2.3 (Nick)
The Suite Life of Zack and Cody 1.1 (ABC)
Robotboy 0.9 (CN)

Winx Club 0.8 (4Kids) &
The Batman 0.8 (CW) &Charlie and Lola 0.8 (Disney)

12:00 PM
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory 2.2 (Disney)
SpongeBob SquarePants 2.2 (Nick)
Ben 10: Alien Force 0.7 (CN)
Power Rangers Jungle Fury 0.5 (ABC)

12:30 PM
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory 2.2 (Disney)
SpongeBob SquarePants 2.1 (Nick)
Ben 10: Alien Force 0.9 (CN)
Power Rangers Jungle Fury 0.4 (ABC)

So yeah, Sonic X, Dinosaur King and Kirby are all right up there with Nick's shows. Wonder how long it'll be before 4Kids moves all their heavy hitters back to 4Kids TV. :sweat:

Last edited by a moderator:

PC!

lolwut?
It's interesting to see reruns of a show from 2001 coming close to beating Nick in ratings, especially a show that, IMO, isn't particularly good.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
It's interesting to see reruns of a show from 2001 coming close to beating Nick in ratings, especially a show that, IMO, isn't particularly good.

Not only that, but Sonic X actually beat out a Nick show. Dinosaur King almost tied The Mighty B!

Draft

Those Nick numbers must be mis-types....

Each show usually has a 3.0 at least, so it's very suprising how much they dipped. It probably will only be a 1 week fluke

I think the CW should dump the 7AM hour based on it's ratings. 0.2 Average? Even Qubo gets better ratings than that

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Those Nick numbers must be mis-types....

Each show usually has a 3.0 at least, so it's very suprising how much they dipped. It probably will only be a 1 week fluke

I think the CW should dump the 7AM hour based on it's ratings. 0.2 Average? Even Qubo gets better ratings than that

No mis-print, that's what it was for that Saturday. Of course, those aren't BAD numbers(I'm sure CN and Disney wouldn't mind having them for Sat. morning), just lower than usual.

As for the 7 AM slot, well, that's what the power of Jimmy Neutron will do to you.:p

Light Lucario

Staff member
Now that was surprising. Sonic X beating out Nick? Dinosaur King and Kirby getting close to Nick's shows? That's just weird. Even if it is a fluke, which is probably is, it still is pretty unusual to see another Saturday morning block get that close to Nick's ratings and even beat one of their shows.

Draft

No mis-print, that's what it was for that Saturday. Of course, those aren't BAD numbers(I'm sure CN and Disney wouldn't mind having them for Sat. morning), just lower than usual.

Ya, the numbers aren't bad, considering they basically sitll dominated SatAM TV, but some shows lost over 50% of their audience? Doesn't Spongebob usually pull in 5.0?

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Ya, the numbers aren't bad, considering they basically sitll dominated SatAM TV, but some shows lost over 50% of their audience? Doesn't Spongebob usually pull in 5.0?

Yeah, but they were below a 5.0 this week.

Keep in mind that D Dubbs converts the cable ratings to broadcast ratings.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
9:00 AM
SpongeBob SquarePants 1.7 (Nick)
TMNT 1.0 (FOX)
&
Mickey Mouse Club House 1.0 (Disney)
Chaotic 0.8 (CW) & Blue Dragon 0.8 (CN)
The Emperor's New School 0.6 (ABC)

Blue Dragon isn't in the 9 AM spot any more. This last week Poke'Mon D&P Battle Dimension took over that spot.

DaftPunkFan37 said:
You do realize that #1- that spot is aired at 6 AM in the Central and Mountain Time Zones in most locations and #2- that spot fulfills the same educational requirements that the Qubo block fulfills. Both of these reasons help compound why the ratings are so low. Also, keep in mind the ratings were 2 to 3 times higher when they were in premiere mode, while the are currently in reruns, so they shouldn't cancel that hour by any means. They should just expect it will always do lower than the rest of the block.

Shiloh Otter

Anxiety in the house
What I don't understand is CW4Kids airing Magi-Nation in E/I space when there's nothing even remotely educational about the show.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
This is for June 28th. Blue Dragon was still on then.
Those ratings were posted on the 7th saying they were crazy for this week. This week would refer to July 5 due to the date they were posted. The Saturday AM ratings are typically released on Monday, so it should be referring to July 5, not June 28, and Poke'Mon D&P Battle Dimension took over that spot on July 5. If they are indeed referring to June 28, then it should give the specific date.

The holiday weekend also makes up the biggest reason why everything was down. Many people slept in due to the fireworks the night before.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Those ratings were posted on the 7th saying they were crazy for this week. This week would refer to July 5 due to the date they were posted. The Saturday AM ratings are typically released on Monday, so it should be referring to July 5, not June 28, and Poke'Mon D&P Battle Dimension took over that spot on July 5. If they are indeed referring to June 28, then it should give the specific date.

The holiday weekend also makes up the biggest reason why everything was down. Many people slept in due to the fireworks the night before.

No, it was from June 28th. They would have usually been posted this last Friday, but since it was the Fourth of July, they didn't post them until Monday. Here's the link for proof.

Marblemedia and Corus Entertainment have begun production on the second season of the YTV live-action reality series The Adrenaline Project. Featuring a new tournament style format the new season follows 120 contestants competing over the course of 26 episodes. The new season of The Adrenaline Project will premiere in fall 2008.

Anyway, looks like 26 episodes of The Adrenaline Project are on their way. The tournament style sounds more interesting than the format used in the first season, so I guess that's a positive.

mumbo

Look skyward
Okay, so 4Kids TV will probably air that next season, since it never hurts to have more E/I and if the block's getting dumped by the 09-10 season, they probably don't care a whole lot about ratings for it - that just means less competition for CW4Kids.

So 4Kids TV shows in the fall season so far are:

- Sonic X
- Kirby
- Winx Club (E/I)
- Dinosaur King - new eps
- Viva Pinata - new eps
- The Adrenaline Project (E/I) - new eps

So that's six of eight. They'll probably bring back Di-Gata Defenders and then throw on either the original Yu-Gi-Oh! or maybe old TMNT reruns for the last two slots.

TheFZAtUGSOnline

Then. Now. Forever.
I cannot beleave that 4Kids did not do a Fireworks Frenzy like the last couple years, maybe it was thet horrible singing by the Taj/4Kids VAs... And TAP back on the scehdule.... not good...

i may be talking to VeemonJosh about some of this stuff the next time when i get a chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?
TVLand, CMT, MTV2 (as well as Nickelodeon channels) will be simulcasting Kids Choice Award 2024 according to zap2it!

Featured Posts